It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
In the far past, people started wars to learn "arcane information" like this.. I agree.. that someday,
part of the preparation process may just be popping a pill.

I have mused that with all the recent legalization going on, and more people attaining this altered (or heightened) perception of reality, we'll finally get to that point all the aliens talk about when they say we're not spiritually ready to get the 411 on our place in the universe. A shift in the consensus.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

In the far past, people started wars to learn "arcane information" like this.. I agree.. that someday,
part of the preparation process may just be popping a pill.

I have mused that with all the recent legalization going on, and more people attaining this altered (or heightened) perception of reality, we'll finally get to that point all the aliens talk about when they say we're not spiritually ready to get the 411 on our place in the universe. A shift in the consensus.

en.wikipedia.org...(The_Twilight_Zone)

is a more likely outcome.

"not spiritually ready" really means "not sauted" long enough yet.

Now, I don't find this outcome likely either.. I think humans will be allowed to kill themselves
off, without excessive outside influence. Or POSSIBLY survive.. maybe Isaac Asimov in the
"Robots of Dawn" series had it right after all.

Kev

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Willtell

sorry about the temporary disruption of this fantastic thread yesterday. the problem has been rectified and the continuity of the thread has been restored.

Bass player your good people, your one of us.

I was just being a little tongue in cheek

edit on 12-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It goes bad because the medicine is affected by the disease and it only makes it worse

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

So reading between the lines. Are you saying that this 'ability', 'altered state' or whatever we choose to call it has been studied for decades and often led to mental instability because we couldn't always control it. But now we may be able to control and stabilize it?

He’s talking about states. Sufi masters and certain Shaman have the ability to put one in a state of consciousness far beyond the ordinary.

In genuine mystical fraternities, this can be a double-edged sword, if the student becomes addicted to the state and not what the state brings him or her in terms of permanent knowledge then that becomes another veil to progress.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
In genuine mystical fraternities, this can be a double-edged sword, if the student becomes addicted to the state and not what the state brings him or her in terms of permanent knowledge then that becomes another veil to progress.

There is also the risk that the enlightened will become so disillusioned with the bulk of humanity that rather than help people they prefer to isolate themselves in their enhanced reality and let humanity stew in its own ignorant juices.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Siddhi's (so-called spiritual powers) are actually considered to be a sign of failure,
not necessarily progress "on the spiritual path".

I understand exactly why they say that..but it's also quite convenient, that some
can claim "enlightenment" while not proving anything at all, all the while
sexually abusing one's female adherents. That's been the usual pattern
for a very long time in many such organizations".

Of course the entire "spiritual path" is a psyop. "Spirituality" is generally not
a beneficial thing for human beings.
edit on 12-1-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Willtell

There is also the risk that the enlightened will become so disillusioned with the bulk of humanity that rather than help people they prefer to isolate themselves in their enhanced reality and let humanity stew in its own ignorant juices.

Both great comments.

Kev

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This thread has seriously gone off the rails. I'm going to cease posting on "spiritual matters"
unless the OP asks me a specific question on it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This thread has seriously gone off the rails. I'm going to cease posting on "spiritual matters"
unless the OP asks me a specific question on it.

True but it’s always important to understand if there is a connection between the UFO/alien phenomenon and our spiritual heritage.

Actually, a seeker will pay little attention to this since the goal is their personal enlightenment.

A Buddhist one said regarding aliens, so what you’re still in a state of suffering that whether there real or not has no affect on.

Very true

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well, as I assert (lately, from the position of best guess after amassing too much info to process consciously), we're approaching a myriad of phenomena under the "UFO" catchphrase.

I think there is a hardware aspect (that is so high tech it melds with consciousness) and our astro's info might cover much of that.

I also think there is an active disembodied intelligence aspect that has been here for a long, long time... call it dimensional or plasma or spirit or our real selves downloaded into a information matrix and we're reliving ancestor simulations to pass time ...or take your pic from various other sci-fi scenarios ...or something completely unsuspected by any human as of yet.

There may also be the PK aspect where wild talents of humans bend reality to their ID a la a Forbidden Planet scenario.

So, it all bears (bares?) some consideration. Various phenomena would explain a whole lot... forgetting it's all illusion in the macro for a moment.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That may be why Pythagoras was required to fast for 40 days before entering a secret esoteric school of mysticism.
I've read there was an almost complete split in communication between mathematicians and physicists prior to Johannes Kepler. Might be some bread crumbs to follow along these lines.

theijtema.com...

The Buddha almost died fasting, only receiving the enlightening visions after breaking the fast.
So all those images we see of fat Buddhas meditating might be evidence supporting your theory of an addictive state.

Physical activity that requires conscious attention such as mountain climbing might help more than medication for some.
Mountain trails are so isolated that the silence is stunning, so there is no hollaback load on your memory buffers.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If you say everything is an illusion, then you get depressed, because there's nothing worth doing.

If you say everything is true, then you get depressed, because there is nothing to attain.

If you realize that not knowing, or pretending you don't know, is the largest possible gift,

then the world becomes vibrant, an unlimited playground for kindness and fun.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Suspension of disbelief and immersion in fantasy is one of my own fav pastimes... but I need an intelligent plot and dialogue and passable AI or it's thumbs down!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Baddogma

If you say everything is an illusion, then you get depressed, because there's nothing worth doing.

If you say everything is true, then you get depressed, because there is nothing to attain.

If you realize that not knowing, or pretending you don't know, is the largest possible gift,

then the world becomes vibrant, an unlimited playground for kindness and fun.

A person with the truth CANT give it to anyone else intellectually or physically like in a pill.

And among the wondrous things is a veiled gazelle: a Divine Subtlety, veiled by a state of the Self, Referring to the States of those who know. Unable To explain their perceptions to others, they can only indicate them to whoever has started to feel something

--Muhiyuddin Ibn El-Arabi, The Interpreter of Desires

The Kingdom of God is within you

Just like you cant give puberty mechanically to another( one has to merge with the chemicals) one cant give truth to anyone else that way.

Its a mysterious inward process

Therefore, if you only intellectually have belief and you try to inwardly pretend therefore you actually have ultimate truth than you are a liar, just like all these ISIS, Christian fundies, the Taliban who are trying to graft truth on intellectual faith.
Their headed for destruction!

edit on 12-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey check me out, I'm Buddha: "When you want to cut to the heart of a tree, you don't start by whacking at all the leaves."

There has been a pretty simple act of fraud committed by TTS/AAS, and all of the name-dropping of researchers and books and history and esoteric acronyms only serves to obfuscate the basic situation here:

The American people were told on mainstream news, by 'experts' from our defense department, that the F-18 videos displayed possibly threatening extra-terrestrial crafts. Money was being solicited from the public by these experts, based on their claims backed by the video evidence, for some entertainment franchise disguised as an official ET disclosure program. Cries of a serious national security threat were heard from these government insiders like Elizondo and former Senator Reid. All the time still pulling in $$$ for their 'cause'.

**Both videos actually show only mechanical camera issues.
All of the experts involved should have realized this.
That means they are either lying or incompetent, both
unpleasant realities. And they've received millions of
dollars by way of their scam/folly.**

Now, what is an appropriate response by U.S. citizens?
(Both to their gov/mil, and to TTS/AAS)

Why aren't more people alarmed about this?

Why am I expecting Michael Douglas to crash through my ceiling any moment now singing Happy Birthday?
(It's not even my birthday)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Iridomyrmex

If we can't prosecute a pedophile, megalomaniac, treasonous, klepto president,
I don't think your grievance has much chance of being addressed.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Suspension of disbelief and immersion in fantasy is one of my own fav pastimes... but I need an intelligent plot and dialogue and passable AI or it's thumbs down!

Well these "aviary threads" and the Astro threads are the very tonic you are craving I see!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

That may be why Pythagoras was required to fast for 40 days before entering a secret esoteric school of mysticism.
I've read there was an almost complete split in communication between mathematicians and physicists prior to Johannes Kepler. Might be some bread crumbs to follow along these lines.

theijtema.com...

The Buddha almost died fasting, only receiving the enlightening visions after breaking the fast.
So all those images we see of fat Buddhas meditating might be evidence supporting your theory of an addictive state.

Well one of AT's religious scholars would know best, but it's my understanding the "Buddha" (a conflation of at least 5 individuals over 500 years) became "fat" to enhance the success of Buddhism in China, where being fat was considered a sign of prosperity and accomplishment.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

if I may.

for this one post only I'd like to address the comments regarding meditation, altered states, extra sensory perception and human antennae that have gone back n forth in this thread.

i think there is some kind of underlining science acting as the physical mechanism for this sort of phenomena as experienced by the human brain.

although scientists say the human brain is purely a classical system and not sensitive, susceptible to or able to interact with EM waveforms in the quantum realm. my personal research for reasons I won't go into (military related sorry) has lead me to believe that in fact there is indeed a quantum based component within our brains although operating in a limited fashion. i believe if my hypothesis (correct just my hypothesis via my own research, experiences, and ponderings) is right it explains a lot of human seemingly paranormal phenomena.

on an anecdote tied in to the idea. many years ago, while practicing a type of meditation I came up with in an attempt to shut down my physical and via that hopefully cognitive proprioception, I experienced although briefly a out of body experience. although I was fully aware that I was sitting in place as normal I was receiving visual data (literally) from the eyes of a small bird several hundred feet away in an area of a canyon I had never visited as it flew threw and around the branches of a large oak tree there. the experience lasted only a few moments.

astonished and highly curious later I hiked down to this tree and confirmed the data I had seen right down to unique burls and knobs in the tree.

this lead me to the question how on earth was I recieving another creatures visual data. was I remote viewing. having an out of body experience. loosing my mind. hallucinating and having statistically impossible coincidences with the accuracy of my 'vision'?

i experienced a sensation of dissolving and 'being a integrated part of the fabric of the universe' during the episode. where did that feeling come from?

upon research I discovered some scientists were putting people in MRIs from various religions who claimed to be adept at using their form of meditation to achieve moments of 'being one with god, the universe, astral projection etc' and found that at that claimed moment all of them were via their meditation techniques and altered states shutting off the part of their cortex regulating proprioception.
as if it's job besides very real needs for physical proprioception is to act like a filter to prevent that aspect of the brain from getting confused, overwhelmed or distracted by any incoming quantum data. one would think just a natural evolution for safety the neurological systems of sentient physical life has developed.
one would come to the conclusion that ok fine its all just a artifact of that area shutting down and essentially an illusion. but that alone doesn't explain valid remote viewing experiences or why I on that one time was recieving actual literal and correct visual data from one creature hundred of feet away from me via some unknown mechanism.

i began to ponder and develop a hypothesis that somehow some way my brain. all brains not just humans are sensitive and able to interpret (although generally not accurately ) some degree of quantum data. if so how. and if its a two way avenue could we manipulate in tiny ways that quantum data and send it back into the wild. could it manipulate our perceptions. could one use that mechanism to deceive another sentient creature equally sensitive. could it be exploited deliberately. could the collapsing classical EM waveforms in the human eye by photons (virtual or real) still retain fragments of quantum data that the visual cortex and other areas are able to reconstruct? could you do the opposite and thwart the brains ability to reconstruct quantum data within the visual cortex so that certain things remain unseen? my research and discoveries have pointed to yes very much so.

i would be surprised if there wasn't some form of serious and extensive black research going on into how this mechanism works and how to utilize it. for psychological purposes. for intelligence gathering purposes. for the utilization of military hardware.

human antennae indeed.
edit on 12-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join