It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: mirageman

A mock-up of Puthoff's Woo and "I got a SERPO for ya" resume would be pretty spectacular. A lot of "misses." Did you know some in Scientology have a grievance with him for plagarizing RV? It's actually their "tech."

Also the Pat Price thing...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

What a naughty lot.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

Cult is a word, almost a trigger word that immediately makes you think of heavens gate, Charles manson, so it depends on the context.

Lots of companies and corporations have cult like cultures, the military and all its branches could be see as cult like.

There's obviously a big difference between the occult and a cult. However as I think.it was Kev pointed out some time ago, there are people involved in TTSA and other that have occult backgrounds and or interests. Putoff, vallee etc.

It should be no surprise really in all honesty of their interest in this field considering their other hobbies. Maybe it's these people and their interests and backgrounds within the occult that worry the MIC not that they think UAP are demon's, but rather worryingly the people in charge of looking into the phenomenon believe in demons rather than that the uap is actually demon in nature.

The world and how it is run is heavily influenced by the occult. It's interest in uap phenomenon should be no surprise to any of us.
edit on 1-7-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

I think to have any chance of knowing up or down about any of these topics surrounding ufology one has to do a deep dive into the history of the IC. One fascinating aspect would include the CIA and their own cult-building expertise. (I'm personally convinced a lot more was learned from MK-ULTRA than was let on...and what is that but black magick of the mind?)

Further, The Cult of Intelligence is a thang and I would say it even has it's own initiatory experiences and degrees so to speak.

What is the practice of intelligence & espionage but the practice of the dark arts itself? From 007 John Dee through John Mullholland right unto the very present: The Mage & Espionage suit each other--even are each other--and MANY who take deep sup of the career, and enjoy it, are also drawn to the occult and esoterica.

ETA: Gordon at Rune Soup has put together some in-depth histories of the crossroads where the IC and Magick meet. He's a practicing mage himself and I think that as such you get a better understanding of why spooks and magick are a fit. A gander through his blog listings will turn up some fascinating stuff. I may not can link it but the above info will get you there.

edit on 1-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wonder if they want to use that senate thing to open up the crash-retrival program...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: ctj83

That might even be why, although TTSA are still promoting a form of nuts and bolts UFO story, they are in fact introducing this concept of 'consciousness' into the narrative. It almost sounds like the beginnings of a cult!

For sure, MM, and I think if one wants to see evidence of cult-like thinking with the TTSA people, just read through some of the first threads about it here on ATS. The people who have bought TTS's version of what they are doing are rabidly against any criticism of the company or what or how they've rolled things out. If you question them you're a "hater" or an arrogant skeptic or all other sorts of sweet little labels.

Any time a group can't allow questions, it's not a good sign. I've gotten the cult vibe from this scene from day 1.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think you're referring to the creation of the famous Nine through our friend Andrija Puharich.

He, I believe has all the secrets, he’s dead of course, an accident. Supposedly according to John Alexander he was paranoid at the end of his life that the CIA is after him.

Gut, I don’t think well ever get those secrets by any conventional means.

And if one tries to do that, one may have, I’ll just say, difficulties.

And I also don't think they know much about Magic. There, you have to look at the hidden elitists.

These military guys are small fry.

The kind of elite group Puharich touched when he was doing his thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
TTSA is cult light. They’re not doing a cult... There doing mass disinformation.

And trying to economically piggyback some serious cash on this disinformation operation.

That's where the cult light comes into being and they can make a killing.

Sort of like an updated, technological topical quasi-Star Trekki cult. But this is about REAL aliens and UFOS--- UAP'S!

Cult light equals big money

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
If you question them you're a "hater" or an arrogant skeptic or all other sorts of sweet little labels.

Any time a group can't allow questions, it's not a good sign. I've gotten the cult vibe from this scene from day 1.
I remember the attacks on people who tried to point out that the picture of a UFO they showed was just a balloon. The "armchair experts" were ridiculed as not knowing anything compared to the analysis performed by TTSA. That balloon appeared behind Chris Mellon when he asked if it's not one of ours, "whose is it"?

Even George Knapp uncritically copied that balloon photo to his story about TTSA, apparently without recognizing it was a balloon even though that identification was posted on several places including on ATS.

TTSA has now apologized and admitted it's just a balloon.

"Armchair experts", 1
TTSA, 0

Question everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I suspect they read the thread.

Also this is all very fun when you think about what Vallee was writing about in the 1970s re religion and such.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

He spoke much about the IC and cults especially in Messengers of Deception. Some in Forbidden Science, Journal II as well.

Of course a guy with Vallee's unique skillsets (and hermeticist background) has probably helped further the body of M.I.C. knowledge as regards cults through contract work. He seems to hint some at that too.

But, even more boggling, is to consider the possibility that this relatively small sampling of folk who've been professionally and personally involved for decades--and entertain some pretty far out beliefs--might have become somewhat of a cult themselves?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

He spoke much about the IC and cults especially in Messengers of Deception. Some in Forbidden Science, Journal II as well.

Of course a guy with Vallee's unique skillsets (and hermeticist background) has probably helped further the body of M.I.C. knowledge as regards cults through contract work. He seems to hint some at that too.

But, even more boggling, is to consider the possibility that this relatively small sampling of folk who've been professionally and personally involved for decades--and entertain some pretty far out beliefs--might have become somewhat of a cult themselves?

Agape Lodge - Tsien, Heinlein. Theres a very curious lineage to all this. Kit Green hanging around weird drug fueled rituals...

Also the CoS infiltration thing at the time these guys all got together...

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

In defense of my dear friend George, he is a hughley busy guy trying to keep a tv stations newsroom alive through these times when they are dying off like flowers in a drought...

He didn't have the time to vet that image anymore than I did, and he, like me, assumed the big shots at TTSA did the basics. Well we all know now that isn't the case.

Thus no more accepting what comes out of TTSA sans a thorough review for accuracy.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Did anyone catch the bit about Davis and the poltergeist? Specifically how he could attract such things vs other people? Same guy gets ‘attacked’ at skinwalker ranch.

...is he one of the antenna bunch?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes Davis is one of the special? antenna people. He went to Skinwalker Ranch on field trips and took home a poltergeist. As did other unnamed investigators on the ranch. According to the world of Eric, poltergeists are always associated with UFOs too. He maintains there is a psychic (not psychological) facet to UFOs and that this would scare even the most combat hardened military officers. Although conventional science won't touch the topic Davis did mention something about asking Congress to restore funding into his studies.

Conclusion

Davis is tougher than a Navy Seal. He has a pet poltergeist.

Actually it suggests that Davis and his '$cience' pals who dabble in the weird stuff have had virtually ALL their government funding cut off and don't like it. Maybe in post truth America they believe they can convince enough people to back a Congressional hearing and their grant money will be restored. Then they can go back to their little hobbies and playing with poltergeist.

edit on 2/7/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

That party balloon is really just the tip of an iceberg for both the TTSA and George Knapp. Here's how George recently defended the pseudo-scientific SSE/IRVA conference:

The conference is not a gathering of true believers. For example, one SSE member, Dr. Garry Nolan of Stanford, recently demolished claims by pitchmen that a skeleton found in Chile was a mummified extraterrestrial.

Remote viewing is a protocol developed for the CIA and tested by the U.S. Army. It was the basis for the George Clooney movie, "The Men Who Stare At Goats." The technique allows people to project human consciousness across time and space, and it works.

www.lasvegasnow.com...

Those are his opinions, presented as if they were news or facts. That claim of "remote viewing" working is done without and against all evidence. It's also illogical and disingenuous to try to paint that group as more skeptical because one of the true believers doesn't happen to believe one particular outlandish claim.

For all that I can see, the problem isn't whether George has time to vet the claims of TTSA, but him doing similar claims himself.

He similarly tried to ridicule "armchair experts" recently, along the same lines as others mentioned above:

Since the Pentagon's release of three UFO videos, armchair experts have speculated that maybe the objects are birds or balloons or something mundane.

www.lasvegasnow.com...

It is a fact that the "Go Fast" video for example is still being marketed with obviously false information of the target flying low. The instrument values in the video itself conclusively prove that is not the case. That fact has been noted and reported by many people, and Garry Nolan for example has admitted that is the case. So why has George, like the TTSA, been silent about the fact that some of the claims the TTSA has made while describing those videos have been proven to be false, and they nevertheless continue to make them, even though they no doubt already know that? If you think he should vet those claims better, shouldn't he also inform us we are being fed false information and "armchair experts" had it right, instead of basically just doing one-sided marketing for the TTSA?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Actually it suggests that Davis and his '$cience' pals who dabble in the weird stuff have had virtually ALL their government funding cut off and don't like it. Maybe in post truth America they believe they can convince enough people to back a Congressional hearing and their grant money will be restored. Then they can go back to their little hobbies and playing with poltergeist.

Yeah, and if the government doesn't fund their poltergeist hobbies, who would? It doesn't look like Bigelow is willing to spend much of his own money on that anymore.

While all this recent talk about poltergeists and whatnot is pretty hilarious, it is a real problem when such irrational beliefs are being presented in the news as if they were worth serious consideration. We know how e.g. homeopathic remedies function only as placebo, and are typically just harmless pills of sugar as themselves, but there are always those who believe enough to exchange real medicine for that nonsense, resulting unnecessary deaths. There are similarly those who have taken beliefs of poltergeists/demons/ghosts way too seriously, with ugly results. At least those in the media should understand how much influence they can have while deciding how to report about such beliefs.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What we don’t get is that any cult, group, who deals with questionable information, can get a huge following despite naysayers like us who have detected the BS.

I won’t mention names (keep this out of politics) but we have numerous big and small cults, semi cults, political cults smattering BS all over the place with massive followers going around now and the scammers who are at the head of these snakes are living large.

They still can and will get a large group and take a bite out of the pie, maybe a small bite, but enough to do what they want to do—some damage to human consciousness.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickless

Yeah, and if the government doesn't fund their poltergeist hobbies, who would? It doesn't look like Bigelow is willing to spend much of his own money on that anymore.

While all this recent talk about poltergeists and whatnot is pretty hilarious, it is a real problem when such irrational beliefs are being presented in the news as if they were worth serious consideration. We know how e.g. homeopathic remedies function only as placebo, and are typically just harmless pills of sugar as themselves, but there are always those who believe enough to exchange real medicine for that nonsense, resulting unnecessary deaths. There are similarly those who have taken beliefs of poltergeists/demons/ghosts way too seriously, with ugly results. At least those in the media should understand how much influence they can have while deciding how to report about such beliefs.

The fact this stuff persists inside the government is something I find just a bit troubling. Also the ties with NASA, the emdrive affair... can it really be that we have higher standards for skepticism/etc then the feds?

That being said, I still think the NRO counterintelligence thing could be at play here...

edit: the craziest thing imho is that despite a front page NYT spread...no one really cares about UFOs...
edit on 12018f3101America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join