It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Grant Cameron... you know what I really like him. I like his eccentricity and his enthusiasm and his perspectives and there is, I believe some real value in the topics he "used" to cover

That being said his content on his YT channel and other things he has been talking about in the last 6 months is strikingly different as of late and he has really gone down some bizzare rabbit holes of late. I'm not suggesting that "someone got to him" as not everything is a James Bond movie lol, but his direction recently is puzzling and odd.

Agreed.

He was a FOIA bloodhound. Total ‘nuts and bolts’ guy. Really enjoyed his interviews. He’s a done a complete 180. Almost as if he took a ‘trip’ to the Peruvian rainforest or got in on a Rick Strassman clinical trial...whatever happened it was a ‘religious’ experience because you don’t just wake up one morning and decide the whole of your last 40 years of existence was an exercise in futility.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

He had a 'download' experience whilst sat listening to Colin Andrews speak on crop circles in 2012.

Gave up being the 'nuts and bolts' guy at that point. Gave away his old files.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I do not question Mr Levendas intelligence. He he is probably quite intelligent.

I do, however, question his work with the TTS in he "factual" books, which is quite worthless in adding anything other than words to the subject.

So, either I find wondering about his motives or, at least, the motives of those who coaxed him to write the books.

In my opinion, of course.

I wonder if any of you have read the first "factual" book?

Cheers,
BT

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Honestly,. No. From your comments, doesn't sound like it was worth reading anyway? But I suppose that comes down to opinion.

Burroughs is really grilling lavenda in their podcast!

kgraradioarchives.com...

Kind feel for him really, he doesn't have all the answers regarding TTSA and people seem to be of the opinion that he should have all the answers.

edit on 14-6-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I haven't really got into the interview as yet beyond the pleasantries and some background to Peter Levenda. However he did state that he is not an employee of, or spokesperson for TTSA. His only association was a contract to write three books with (for?) Tom DeLonge. The reason he agreed was because it gave him access to people he would never have been able to connect with normally.

Whether that means these books are of any value is a completely different matter. Would you care to expand on why you consider the book of little value?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That video just makes me crack up!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well, to be honest, I don't really blame him much for whatever TTS gets up to. And the book is well written, because Levenda writes well.

But, there is no substance in it. There is, as always, not one single shred of evidence to support it's conclusions, or rather allusions. Because that's what it boils down to. Lots of "what if" and "could it be"...

And, of course, a lot of things could be, if you stretch the imagiation far enough, and don't have to present coherent arguments as to why things are thus.

Levenda tries to make it more scientific, with sources and references to various more or less scientific works, but in the end it seems to me he is labouring under the tremendous burden of presenting a case for something he has been instructed to write.

'The world is flat, clearly", said the pope to the scribe. "Now, write me a book that proves it is so."

Cheers,
BT

edit on 14-6-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The book, in my humble opinion, is probably better than much of the extant literature in Ufology, which is not such a high bar if we are honest.

The basic argument is something like this:

"People in ancient times had gods and stories about gods and heroes. Some people in remote islands created religions based on real beings, such as American troops and planes. Therefore ancient gods are the phenomenon, aka uap's. QED."

Now, this is a theory with some pretty big holes in it, as I see it. For instance, it offers no proof as to why this should be the case. It also conveniently skips a lot of very well known religious beliefs that does not support this hypothesis very well.

You could then present the argument that the "Phenomenon" can be a lot of different things, but that renders the whole concept of the Phenomenon worthless. I mean, if anything can be the Phenomenon, and the Phenomenon can be anything, what value does the definition have?

I can convincingly argue that religions happen because of "hepp" (which I just made up) and hepp is also, curiously, the reason that ducks migrate sometimes.
And also causes UFO's to appear, why not.

If you make a sack big enough you can lump anything into it, even kicking and squealing.

'Stuff" happens because of "reasons", QED :-)
I shall await my Nobel Prize with bated breath.

Cheers,
BT
edit on 14-6-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Sounds like you could have "hepp a titus". Which also sounds like the name of an Ancient Hepp God!!

Seriously though I also don't get the whole premise of ancient aliens coming to Earth and being worshipped as gods. Only to become so shy and hide themselves from the majority of people in modern times. Well except for the odd yokel. They'd land and approach them. Then leave them with a message of love, light and lecturing them to stop messing around with nukes and polluting the planet. Better not choose anyone who can actually do anything about all of that though.

But then there is also the story of aliens deciding to make a pact with one US President in exchange for high technology on the premise that they could then abduct Americans with impunity. Like he had the right to do such thing and like the US and any other nation could really stop them. Also many aliens visiting Earth have an amazing ability to breath our atmosphere and adjust to our gravity without any problems whatsoever. Some even choose to wear hardly any clothes as well.

It's almost certainly all bunk but there are still people promoting this with absolutely no proof at all.

If only we could get the Dream Team to all get it together we could have disclosure after disclosure after disclosure.

Above: The band formerly known as Al(ien)kaline Trio.

edit on 14/6/2018 by mirageman because: terrible joke

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The UFO and the alien phenomenon is real there’s loads of credible evidence of this.
It's Just that some humans as always have embellished it--perverted it, distorted it.

As for Levenda’s book, unfortunately, it just doesn’t make the mark.

It’s too convoluted and lacks any legitimate intuitive power

It’s like many misfired theories; it resembles trying to cut up puzzle pieces to fit where they don’t fit.

And it also lacks authenticity

edit on 14-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

So the download experience is a thing? Jimmy Hendrix and The Experience shows had many of those ‘downloads’. Same sh$t, different delivery mechanism. Visionary plants FTW.

I appreciate the reply and clearing that up

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

So the download experience is a thing? Jimmy Hendrix and The Experience shows had many of those ‘downloads’. Same sh$t, different delivery mechanism. Visionary plants FTW.

I'm pro plant medicine myself... Peru changed my life for the better.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I wasn't really that impressed with Richard Dolan's interview with Peter Levenda. Levenda was obviously towing the party line (he does have a book contract to preserve) and repeating much of what we've already heard. The message seemed to be:

TTSA have a done a tremendous job and you've all been told that UFOs are real by people who have worked for the US government. Why are you still asking questions and doubting everything?

I don't think I'm up to listening to the Phenomenon radio interview just yet. Linda Howe has a tendency to ramble for 3 or 4 minutes asking a question, within a question, buried inside another question that just confuses the hosts. Not that she actually listens to their answer anyway. Her slow, staccato robotic pronunciation of every word only irritates me further.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

I'm pro plant medicine myself... Peru changed my life for the better.

I hear ya.

I am of the very firm belief that science will get the closest to ‘the nature of consciousness’ — particularly, given John Hopskins University is in Phase-III of clinical trials for MDMA for veterans with PTSD. The stuff that’s coming out of those clinical trials is mind-blowing (pun intended). They’re (JHU) also using psilocybin in experimental trials that are well on their way to FDA clinical trials. They’re are levels to everything, that stuff in Peru is next-level w.r.t. to consciousnesses exploration.

JHU finds ‘magic mushrooms’ are good end-of-life palliative

edit on 15-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: homophones

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
UFOlogy has reached a watershed moment. Everything coming out of it is only recycled material.

Nothing new, nothing fancy just old wine in new bottles, new bottles maybe with a big top, such as TTSA, but the same things we’ve had for the last 50-70 years.

That’s just objective fact. Now this reinterpretation about ID isn’t new either. Consciousness, isn’t new either, maybe newer but not new.

We need new ideas, it is just that simple. And it is a good thing we just don't concoct new ideas since new usually should equal new experiences.

UFOlogy like physics has technologist type thinkers( in terms of researching facts and data) and what they call in physics, what Einstein and Hawkins were—theoreticians or theoretical physicists.

The very able Issacoi would be classified as an adept researcher though not a theoretician.

Maybe a GUT or KPB would be on that side of the coin-- theoretical UFOligist.
As well I humbly classify myself as a theoretical UFOligist.

Though at this point my theories, generally speaking, WILL remain private.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

could not agree more Will... we need new ideas rather than Version 1.2 of the old stuff with some newer relevant to today stuff thrown in.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Interestingly Ret Sr Chief Petty Officer Kevin Day that was on the Nimitz is doing the rounds again in interviews, I havent had chance to listen to the whole thing yet. I am pleased to say though that LMH isnt on the broadcast as its just Burroughs and Kevin, so no inane interruptions and ramblings of nonsense.

kgraradioarchives.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I would say that ufology has suffered from years of abuse from people who want to tell us what it's all about. The alien believers (its ET), the hardened debunkers (it's nothing), the occultists (its woo crazy man), the intelligence boys (we gotcha) and the new agers (it's spiritual beings) etc. etc. etc.

As an 'ology' it is more akin to astrology than biology. It is not really a science because no qualifications are required to join in the free for all. In America there are a whole bunch "media entrepreneurs" who hog most of the limelight telling sci-fi stories on TV and radio shows, perpetuating UFO mythology and never solving anything because that is not their modus operandi. These people are the biggest problem to the subject. They hog the limelight and dominate the way the subject is presented. They make it impossible to clear the chaff away from the subject because every story is a good story. I've even heard one old timer claim the Santilli Alien Autopsy was real recently!

With all these storytellers the truth is but a fluid commodity that they use and abuse for entertainment purposes only. Some of these people are also probably actively paid by those who seek to test out the gullibility of the public to believe anything they are told. No one can or will ever solve Roswell because it is the pillar on which the whole of American ufology stands. If it falls then a whole industry risks collapsing with it.

People with their singular 'theory' of UFOs are another problem. It can't be aliens from another planet it's got to be inter dimensional beings, or our consciousness connection to the oneness that binds all of nature, or quantum-neuro cryptic entanglement with different harmonic frequencies of the universe (whatever that may be!). It's like a vehicle mechanic deciding that every breakdown is caused by a gearbox fault. One does not fit all in my opinion. There are probably more answers to the UFO question than we can think of.

Of course most people aren't being purposely deceptive they just aren't qualified experts in astronomy, astrobiology, psychology, theology, engineering, quantum physics, electro-magnetics, geology, theoretical physics, meteorology and all the other disciplines you find involved in this topic.

Yet the only thing we can reasonably rely on is science to establish the nature of our reality. So far science has helped in many UFO stories. But the 'unknowns' will either always remain unknown due to insufficient data or can only be solved with advances in our science.

That is why personally I think every case has to be looked at on its own merits.

edit on 16/6/2018 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Burroughs is really grilling lavenda in their podcast!

kgraradioarchives.com...

Kind feel for him really, he doesn't have all the answers regarding TTSA and people seem to be of the opinion that he should have all the answers.

Burroughs is wrong, BTW, about the security clearance issue. You do NOT have to stay on as a contractor to keep your clearance for some time after retiring.

I'm surprised he got that wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublant

So military.com is incorrect when it says

How long does my clearance last when I leave the military?

● Clearance becomes inactive once your service ends.

Source: www.military.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join