It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I think maybe the problem for scientists trying to come to grips with the paranormal is twofold.

First. you won't get anywhere without access to what you are going to study. And this subject is both fleeting, elusive and also closely guarded by certain parties.

The other problem is peer pressure and dogma. When someone comes up with a new theory, even within a field as a bona fide scientist, the peer pressure and push back is enormous. So the less sensational the topic, the less invested prestige you have to fight against.

If I were to write a stunning piece of research on, oh say, the early domestication of some obscure breed of cat in some even more fringe village in Egypt, then the reception would be rather benign and not many of my peers would have invested prestige in theories that I now, alas, was going to prove wrong.

If I, on the other hand, was saying that all the distinguished scientists who had theories about how the pyramids of Giza was built got it wrong, well now I am due some serious push back. No matter how good my reasoning and my theory is, and no matter how high quality my research. Because that is human nature.

When we are dealing with something as explosive as the paranormal or the elusive Phenomenon, the push back from peers will be even greater. No scientist worth his salt should even giggle at something as profound as this, and I think many deadly serious scientists will be quite open to the subject after a few beers, but official academia are very scared of the subject. Due to the ridicule. And how did that come about, one might ask?

So some will resort to secrecy, which is never a good choice in science. And secrecy feeds distrust.

Any "hidden college" should, in my opinion, do better science if they did not, in fact, hide. Someone has to say "we re going to study this, come what may" like they have done with Hessdalen.

But secrecy and evasiveness smacks of an agenda, and while most people couldn't care less, all of us who have seen the denial, stonewalling and sheer stupidity with which these subjects have been approached before, have grown pretty tired of it I guess.

My main problem with the TTSA thing is not that they want to study the Phenomenon, it is that they are not being straight with us about who they are and what they want. Vague hints and secret participants is not science, that is the realm of the clandestine operators. And there has been some shady "science" there in the past. There is a reason, as you well know, why people get allergic reactions once the CIA gets involved in science. Because, they only do so with an agenda.

You know all this, of course, but any scientist worth his salt will operate in the open, with transparency.

In my opinion there should be no "hidden college" :-)

And I happen to believe there are more great minds outside academia than within it, because I have seen plenty of small minds inside academia and plenty of brilliance elsewhere.

So don't sell yourself short :-)

Cheers,
BT
[
edit on 25-4-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

That was splendid writing and analysis.

Virtual 10 stars and flags to you.

IMHO it should be just as you say.

But us dangerously unstable social mammals don't have the maturity
to handle ourselves in this manner.

Somewhere around the time of the agricultural revolution, deception
became more socially useful than sharing of useful survival tactics.

So here we are...

Again... beautifully comprehended and written.

Kev

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

'You know all this, of course, but any scientist worth his salt will operate in the open, with transparency. '

The scientist will be risking his life with transparency, if he is researching certain taboo sciences

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

The scientist will be risking his life with transparency, if he is researching certain taboo sciences

No doubt about that one!

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Note the mission statement at the bottom. So, this is all about changing the cynical views of youth towards the government. By, apparently, appearing to take seriously a topic they are passionate about?

I know we discussed this to death when the leak happened during the election campaign, but we mustn't forget it now. After all, this is the only piece of behind the scenes information we actually have on the whole thing.

Cheers,

BT

I'm just now catching up a bit (working backwards) but I think you've highlighted a very important piece of this puzzle with that particular letter and observation.

Not only does it give explanatory weight as to why the alphabets, it might also go a ways towards explaining why TTSA fizzled more than it boomed. There was a larger plan dependent on who was in office. A Jedi mind-trick to win over the youth since trust in government has taken so many hits because, well, they haven't been trustworthy.

I'm starting to wonder, now, how far we'd have to dig to find RAND (or possibly another think-tank) somewhere in this. You absolutely rock, BT. Thank you for sharing your research.

edit on 26-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
a reply to: Hyperboles
"The scientist will be risking his life with transparency, if he is researching certain taboo sciences"

No doubt about that one!

...which, by choice, and necessity, thus keeps many of us that would welcome, and encourage, and participate in serious research "out-of-the-limelight" indefinitely. WHY is this such a big secret!?!?

No funding, no future, no career, no respect - and possible loss of life and livelihood for yourself and loved ones.

Result: Mission accomplished! ...but also a grave and perhaps fatal injustice for all of humanity... Thanks-a-lot alphabet agencies... And TPTB that gave them the right to do this? Will we ever eve learn the rationale for such an injustice?

edit on 4/26/2018 by Outrageo because: ?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

Will we ever eve learn the rationale for such an injustice?

It's human nature for a large percentage of the population
to be power-mongering assholes, who put self-interest
ahead of the greater good?

do you need a more exotic reason?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Tom has posted a new message on his facebook account.

UPDATE: To The Stars Academy has proudly been working behind the scenes for weeks briefing hi-level staff in the US Gov to help inform new National Security Policy dealing with the UFO subject and also move the ball down the field for us all. I have personally been present in some of these talks and have had the honor of explaining my own vision for Disclosure, communicating our intent at the To The Stars Academy to communicate the world’s biggest story through Motion Picture, include all of you in further scientific study, and also engineer a technology that is so beyond revolutionary it can literally change the world.

We have executed the first difficult steps in getting the DOD in officially acknowledge the UFO subject, but now there is so much more to do. Again, I can not stress how much your support matters. When you invest, we can make these films, build the machine, and continue to fly around the world and brief Gov Representatives. This will all ignite change. Thank you so much! Invest in a new future at ToTheStarsAcademy.com

Link to Source

Tom's written English is awkward and he comes over as someone trying to appear articulate. But obviously struggling to even write coherently. What he appears to be saying is that his TTSA are shaping US government policy. Really? A bunch of former spooks and a 90s punk singer are briefing high level staff in the US Govt. "to help inform" New National Security Policy.

Tom's vision of 'Disclosure' is obviously to show a movie. But you have to invest to help him disclose.....

The TTSA website hasn't displayed the amount raised for about 2 weeks now.

Meh.....

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I completely believe him.

Trump brings in incompetents, who struggle to tie their shoe laces, and then tends
to fire them after their total corruption embarasses him.

TDL needs to be careful, or he might get "fired".

Kev

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Surely he will have had someone write such announcements for him?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

When you invest, we can make these films, build the machine, and continue to fly around the world and brief Gov Representatives. This will all ignite change. Thank you so much! Invest in a new future at ToTheStarsAcademy.com

Link to Source

Jimmy Swaggart, a notorious tv preacher, periodically says that Jesus will kill him, if you don't send him enough
money. I wonder how fanciful these beggings for money will get?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Surely he will have had someone write such announcements for him?

I am not sure. He doesn't appear to use paragraphs (I added one in there myself) to break up the text.

I think he probably wrote it himself and then ran it through his spell and grammar checker and felt very proud that it passed. It still comes over as 'awkward' to read though. I mean come on this is crap English.

We have executed the first difficult steps in getting the DOD in officially acknowledge the UFO subject, but now there is so much more to do

But he left it in there.

Also the DoD has never denied there are UFOs.
edit on 26/4/2018 by mirageman because: eta

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

the world is full of unidentified things..

the DOD isn't really admitting anything...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I would not invest 1 cent.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens right now is all over the TTSA story, TDL, Bigelow, and the whole enchilada. I'm watching it right now on the east coast.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Also Grant Cameron appears to have been offered to host a weekly radio show (not sure by whom) but appears to be TTSA by the tone of the facebook posting.

Source : www.facebook.com...

DeLOnge seems to have confirmed that despite being listed as President and CEO of TTSA he's not actually in charge.

Hmmm

edit on 28/4/2018 by mirageman because: link

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Is that not interesting or what?

edit on 28-4-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Tom's just doing the "you aren't part of my secret club", so I get to make
ad hominem attacks on you and not respond based on facts.

It's a very commonly used ego protection tactic.

Of course it's not obvious that Tom even knows what's going on around
him to any significant degree.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That isn’t an ad hominem attack.

I think you are better than that KPB!

Your reply, by the standard of taking things in the worst possible light, could easily be described as an ad hominem attack against Tom. Sounds to me like Tom was defending himself.

TDL and TTSA get tons of attacks from many people here and it’s back-slapped and “justified”. Sorry, I just think you guys are attacking TDL way more than he has expressed towards anyone else. And I’m guessing that Cameron isn’t involved with TTSA and TDL/TTSAwas on the receiving end of a jibe to even post that.

It makes rational pro and con discussions so much more difficult when it flips into the personal attacks on a researcher - personal attacks are emotional, and signs of an argument being lost, not won.

edit on 28-4-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Most people would say that you just did an ad hominem
attack on me "you are better than that" .. that's a
"are you still beating your wife" sort of comment.

But I don't want to go roundy roundy with you,
or probably anyone on ATS any more.

People's personalities are so entrenched in their
positions, it's not much different than Democrat
and Republican. Just another facet of the
culture war.

Jacques Vallee has advised me many times, that
even discussing this stuff on the Internet is
a waste of time (he was one of the people who
created Arpanet, which evolved into the
Internet!),

I'm coming to agree with him.

And the few people who are still researching
stuff honestly, are so attacked by delusory
people... (I'm talking about people like
Jacques and Dr. Nolan and a few others)

that they are further withdrawing from public
contact too. It's a darn shame.

There's a reason that JV won't join TTSA..

I probably won't respond to anything you say..
at least not today.. I'm thinking of leaving
public contact entirely.

Best to you.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join