It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is fair game on ATS just like others before him! Deal with it.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yes, of course there are. But, many times they are drowned out by some that post multiple posts of pure opinion.
edit on 8-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If only there were more informed posters like you here.

There are more informed posters in ATS than me, but thank you for the compliment.

I mean, if you guys want a room, we'll chip in.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You're right liq, it is sad. But I still have hope that we will find some common ground, and agree to disagree for the good of the country. Even if it is something as simple as agreeing to respect one another's rights, and not trying to abuse the legal system and limit others' rights because we don't like something.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The thing about Trump is the negative coverage isnt merely Hostile Media Effect perception (a cognitive bias).

A good deal of that coverage is coverage about Things Trump Tweets. What he tweets isn't measured policy and insightful commentary. He's done things like start a feud with other tv stars and brag about the size of his button.

That kind of childishness does not deserve a news story praising it. It does garner attention, though. If he'd lay off the tweets, the amount of negative news would drop substantially.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: lincolnparadox
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Conservatives are the first to cry "Respect the President" when a Republican is in office and the first to disrespect the President when a Democrat is in office. Politics has become a team sport for them. It's okay to talk crap about the Browns, right? Perfect season? They're making fun of themselves.

We need to start coming together as Americans. There is no reason for the average person to push away someone because of political affiliation. Well, there is one reason: by keeping us separate, we can't organize.

I think we are doing just fine in America. The vast majority of people go about their business each day and politics does not play a role whatsoever. Trump as president is not something that is a common topic of conversation.

The problem is that Trump actually represents that which America has traditionally hated. He represents the douchebag bully type and America has typically been against those sort of people. A common theme in America movies has been one in which at the end of the film, the bully/douchebag gets what he deserves and the protagonist, who took the right and moral road, wins the day.

It leaves the audience with a warm feeling inside knowing that the bully/douchbag got what he deserved and did not come out the victor.

That did not happen in this election. The bully/douche became the victor and it has given his fellow bullies and douchebags the encouragement to come out of the woodwork. And they have. You can see those very people on this site that feel emboldened enough and secure enough that they bring their bullying and utter douchedom out for us all to see.

While we would typically reject such attitudes and people, that is now acceptable to many and I think that is a bigger problem than anything else.

The ignorant, entitled, self-absorbed, bigoted and arrogant now think they have a seat at the table. When in the past we rejected them immediately.

Oh really he is the bully and douche...nope not this time.

The real bullies have hidden themselves and roleplay as for being for rights of all people while systematically taking them away.

Too bad your moviemade views on the world are over now..they are never coming back either.

I don't think you realize the realist monsters you have created.....who will not stop until all of your foolish brainwashed schemes and leaders have been thoroughly exposed...tried...and deleted.

It is already done..over..and forever.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

do distract from more harmful things his admin

What more harmful things? I mean I agree he has a long list of harmful things. I'm just curious what harmful things you speak of.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

If the news covered tweets that werent salacious, too, it would be more balanced.

If you go look at his twitter feed, the media never mentions a large majority of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Byrd

If the news covered tweets that werent salacious, too, it would be more balanced.

If you go look at his twitter feed, the media never mentions a large majority of it.

True... but those non-combatant tweets are often about things already in the news (he's commenting on.) The press gets less negative in the periods where he quits tweeting for a bit.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait sorry hold on...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is coming from that lied and said he was born in Kenya? The people that said he should be killed? Please. His wife was called a monkey routinely on this forum. I’m sorry but that’s one of the most hypocritical posts I’ve ever read on here.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Michelle Obama says Obama was from Kenya. Her own words.

edit on 15-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join