It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is fair game on ATS just like others before him! Deal with it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I get it, I really do, but the latest book and other salacious coverage of Trump while entertaining, do distract from more harmful things his admin, is doing while distracted, buried as a foot note in pages or a blurb, we need to be mindful of this.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
ATS.
During the Bush years this site was considered Left leaning. Even the Obama years people would say it's mostly left.
edit on 8-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And didn't fox and brietbart do the same? Treat Trump like he was walking on water?

As for the negativity and lies. I think many said the same when Obama was president.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Conservatives are the first to cry "Respect the President" when a Republican is in office and the first to disrespect the President when a Democrat is in office. Politics has become a team sport for them. It's okay to talk crap about the Browns, right? Perfect season? They're making fun of themselves.

We need to start coming together as Americans. There is no reason for the average person to push away someone because of political affiliation. Well, there is one reason: by keeping us separate, we can't organize.

edit on 1/7/2018 by lincolnparadox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

How do I request the mods award you some applause for this op? Like this?

Thanks for including the hilarious links to the Obama conspiracy theories. They're a riot.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lincolnparadox

Can you even see how hypocritical your statement is? I voted for Obama and I don't remember him getting even a 1/100000th a bashing that Trump gets from liberals. I also don't remember conservatives forming black masked groups and attacking people for having a different opinion, or conservatives beating up democrats for voting for Obama, or conservatives trying to shoot up Democrats at a baseball game. More respect was shown to Obama when he was in office, and that's a fact. Obama was even re-elected. You can't compare a small handful of complaining conservatives to the large masses of liberals constantly attacking Trump and his voters.

I would say you have things backwards, politics has become like a team sport for democrats. It's called identity politics. The democrats/liberals more than anyone are about putting labels on things and identifying as this or that. That's not a republican/conservative trend. If politics are like a sport, then the democrats are showing very poor sportsmanship.

As for the OP, yes, Trump is fair game. Did anyone say he isn't? As for the examples you are using, they are poor. Apples to oranges. You list conspiracies and hear say that were never taken too seriously by the majority (This is ATS right, conspiracies are part of the fun here). Conversely, the majority of liberals jump on every false accusation about Trump as if it's fact.

Also, for the Clinton example, there is ample evidence to prove she is guilty of many crimes, and ample evidence to show her physical and even mental health are not up to par. She is fair game, and there is far more evidence to call her out than Trump. Plenty of threads to show the evidence. "No intent," is the most piss-poor excuse I have ever heard for letting someone off the hook for a serious crime.

Deal with it? I think you need to deal with your loss. Conservatives already dealt with it when Obama was president and did a much better job handling it, minus a few grumps here or there.
edit on 8-1-2018 by kyosuke because: typo

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Thank you for conforming what i say again and again, but it´s nice to hear it from a "U"S citizen.

The "U"SA is the problem, not the several different potus actors, the problem is the country that creates such president puppets, which act as if they would do the policy, and not the rich and military rulers behind the curtains.

Because it´s not the Reagan army that bombed Libya, it was the "U"S army. It was not the Bush army that invaded Iraq, based on a lie, it was the "U"S army. It weren´t Obama drones and are now Trump drones that murder people worldwide, they are "U"S drones. Facebook, Google and all this international acting propaganda, public opinion forming and spying corporations are not based in Clintons, Obamas or Trump personal backyard, they are based in the "U"SA. Not presidents do regime changes, it´s circles within the "U"SA, at the end it is the "U"SA.

You are right, we should be fair and handle Trump as any other president of that rogue state before. But it´s a bit hard to do that, because Trump is an uneducated village idiot, that makes eben George W look like an Einstein.

And again, if i critize the "U"SA, i don´t critize the average sane people that have to live there and can´t change that, or that sysdtem in that oligarchy and miltary junta!

Funny coming from someone who lives in a country currently trying to bully Poland. Just like before WW2.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

to bully Poland

With telling them, that breaking EU laws will have consequences? You idiots really like your victimhood, don't you?

Just like before WW2.

The rightwingers sit in Poland this time around, but nice try.
edit on 8-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I agree. Our president is fair game. But from an opposition that believed the ridiculous

- Trump cant read yet uses twitter
- he watches the gorilla network
- Russian dossier

At this point Trumps opposition is running on credibility fumes. You guys dont have many more episodes of ridiculousness before you are just ignored. You should try honest discussion about governmental matters, and quit trying to smear with tabloid gossip.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lincolnparadox

Conservatives are the first to cry "Respect the President" when a Republican is in office and the first to disrespect the President when a Democrat is in office. Politics has become a team sport for them. It's okay to talk crap about the Browns, right? Perfect season? They're making fun of themselves.

We need to start coming together as Americans. There is no reason for the average person to push away someone because of political affiliation. Well, there is one reason: by keeping us separate, we can't organize.

I think we are doing just fine in America. The vast majority of people go about their business each day and politics does not play a role whatsoever. Trump as president is not something that is a common topic of conversation.

The problem is that Trump actually represents that which America has traditionally hated. He represents the douchebag bully type and America has typically been against those sort of people. A common theme in America movies has been one in which at the end of the film, the bully/douchebag gets what he deserves and the protagonist, who took the right and moral road, wins the day.

It leaves the audience with a warm feeling inside knowing that the bully/douchbag got what he deserved and did not come out the victor.

That did not happen in this election. The bully/douche became the victor and it has given his fellow bullies and douchebags the encouragement to come out of the woodwork. And they have. You can see those very people on this site that feel emboldened enough and secure enough that they bring their bullying and utter douchedom out for us all to see.

While we would typically reject such attitudes and people, that is now acceptable to many and I think that is a bigger problem than anything else.

The ignorant, entitled, self-absorbed, bigoted and arrogant now think they have a seat at the table. When in the past we rejected them immediately.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Except....what if Trump was a verified member at ATS?

The terms and conditions that protect members from personal attacks would apply as well. As would knowingly posting false information.

It would be interesting to see who all could disagree without becoming disagreeable. While it no secret that I didn’t like Obama, I’d still saved his bacon if the situation arose if he needed the help. Might even made him a better person after the ordeal.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The system on capital Hill stays the same no matter the player. Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana legalized or chemotherapy is at risk. Billions could be lost to them. Trump and his team is no different in the influence from previous administration lobbyists. Big Pharma knows there is no money in making people well.
edit on 8-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

What? Traditionally ALL conspiracy sites have always been comprised primarily of people who were middle or right leaning. Liberals don't tend to believe in conspiracies because of their undying trust in their government. It's the precise reason there are conspiracies.

I've been on ATS since the John Lear days and have never once considered ATS left leaning.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Id say ATS has some of the most detailed critical thinkers in the world as part of its community. The ability to glare through BS and and also detect alternative motives is proven here on a daily basis. Our community was built on thinking outside the box on topics that have been unsolvable for modern history, some of lifes biggest questions that most people wont touch with a ten foot pole, are being dissected here. And as the OP said, most of ATS supports our president. That should tell you that our communities version of extreme vetting is watching him and he is passing the test SO FAR. And he is fair game. I agree. Other Presidents, too many odd questions, that aren't answered, simply didn't pass the test.

I personally feel this new book is part of Trumps on-going plan to bait his opponents and spin their biggest resource (the media) against them. I feel like he's been doing this the whole time. He is a master of media so I think its very likely he knows how to simply plan ahead and give his opponents enough rope to hang themselves and they don't even realize he's leading them off a cliff. Him and Bannon were close before Trump was president, and now they are enemies?
lol
Sure.
edit on 8-1-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

as with any president, we won't know what impact his policies will have until they are put in place and run for a while.

it is too early to make claims either for or against on the president's tax reform and health care acts.

i didn't vote for president trump. i am not a republican. but i am willing to give him time to see how his policies work out. i felt the same with president obama, president bush, president clinton, etc.

i feel a bigger issue is not who is in office, but the anger and mistrust of our fellow americans based solely on their political affiliation. there is not liberal or conservative. there is only american. we have to put aside these political ideologies and come together as a people if we want to see our nation change for the prosperity of all who call U.S. home.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

How dare you challenge father dearest!

All of you are sinning right here in front of my eyes, speaking ill of our savior. Blasphemy!

Lmao

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I don't like to lean left or right, I'd prefer to lean back and relax.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We don’t need 5000 threads on Hillary and Trump every single day.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Amen, Jeezus it's painful to read the main page anymore. I think we need a Trump folder. Maybe put it under the hoax bin. LOL J/K

I would like to see a show of hands by anyone that has been converted by ATS posts about Bush, the Clintons, Obama, or Trump. What...none!? Here is my shocked face.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Trump and his supporters are scum.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join