It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is fair game on ATS just like others before him! Deal with it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Let's be real here. Things haven't been really changed politics wise on ATS in the last 10 years.... and if anything, compared to Clinton and Obama, Trump's getting it fairly soft on here when it comes to bad threads. He has a large supporter base on here - at least far more in contrast to Clinton and Obama. You see I don't take issue with this fact hence the reason I'm still active on here. In my view it's a given that a forum of the nature of ATS would have a far larger and active right leaning community. It's just the way it is ya know? And I expect far less of a positive audience when it comes to posting anything contrary to what your average Fox News viewer would agree with.

With the above being said, I really find it amusing - the constant whining and complaining about the negative Trump threads on here from many - as if Trump is somehow being targeted unfairly on here? What's more, what really astounds me is this new thing going around on people accusing those critical of Trump of being 'delusional' and 'mentally unstable'. Really? We been sleeping for the prior 8 years I take it?

Let's take a look back at the years preceding Trump on here:

What was the ATS consensus on here about Obama? I mean for starters the most obvious - his birth certificate is fake and there's some conspiracy involving an unspecified amount of people in government and an unspecified period of time covering it up. Heck it's such a popular conspiracy that posts are still going strong to this day!

We pretty agreed by majority that he was responsible for hypnotising the masses into agreeing with him! How about all the suspicious deaths connected to him!? Or how about the fact he was pushing the homosexual agenda on the population? I mean we pretty much formed a consensus that he was likely homosexual himself so I guess that makes sense?

He was also the anti-christ remember? We discussed this over numerous threads and came to the same conclusion, right? We discovered his real name! Barry Soetoro! We concluded as a majority, stars and flags and all, that he was a fraud using a fake name to hide his true identity! Don't forget his fake social security number! Or his missing college records!
This one's a doozy! He even admitted being involved in election fraud! 151 flags!

Oh Hillary. She gets it bad too... I think in some cases worse. Oh her frequent seizures and other health issues. Benghazi was a favorite? We've had a dozen Benghazi investigations that have gone no where but hey, it's still a hit on here. The ATS majority have already concluded their investigation! There's more to come!

Look. I'm fairly certain many of you will argue either these claims were legitimate or you weren't involved in many of them or whatever. The point is, we've had everything under the sun posted about other major politicians on here. Trump isn't the first to get targeted for negative press and he certainly won't be the last. Claiming 'delusion' or whatever only on those criticizing Trump or other conservatives is laughable. This is a conspiracy site - leaning to the right. All sorts of claims and topics will pop up. Most ATSers never show restraint in their criticism of other politicians on here. Trump shouldn't be the exception.

As one great poster stated on here - Some Of You Seem To Think That ATS Should Be A Safe Zone For Trump. It's not and I sure as hell hope it remains that way.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
But like any individual one must respect them,not by using false statements,inuendo's,self promotion,tell the truth,you for one post BS,that has no basis,just your 2 cents,which amounts to a liberals bank account,fair game,use fair practice,not your lame opinions

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Couldn’t agree more.

Lately the Trump Administration has managed to do some things I believe they deserve to be bashed for.

Chief among them is Sessions’ attack on a legal 10 billion dollar industry. I believe Sessions should be fired, to be followed or preceded by legislation to end prohibition on marijuana.

My button is bigger tweet. Embarrassing.

18 billion dollar wall that wouldn’t be necessary if we hadn’t spent the last several decades building an even bigger wall with tax money, bodies, and the personal freedom of many via the global war on drugs.

There are perfectly legitimate reasons to challenge the positions the President and his cabinet hold.

edit on 7 1 18 by projectvxn because: Written on my phone. Please pardon any grammatical or spelling errors I might have missed.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

But like any individual one must respect them

And like with any individual respect is earned not given as a right.

+43 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Ran out of ideas for a new thread and came up with this thread to bash members who don't like you?

Give it a while and your whole clan can join in!

Crickets!

P

edit on 7/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Donald Trump is "fair game" indeed. But the "many others" about to meet their hour of reckoning.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Which members did I bash in the OP?

a reply to: pheonix358

Ran out of ideas for a new thread

Oh yes about those ideas. I have ran out unfortunately.... My boss here at DNC HQ is riding my back and I have to meet my targets somehow ya know? I have to provide for my comrads back home. It's a tough start to the year.

Please, if you have it in your heart pheonix, spare me a star and flag....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Should have invested in bitcoin. Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Every POTUS ever gets the old "Antichrist Conspiracy" books and such. They all gonna cause Armageddon too. Funny though is Armageddon was the first human battle ever recorded in great detail, and people still argue everyday about when its going to happen...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

lol. Truth!

People just hate it when it’s their guy that’s all. I try not to make anyone “my guy” even if I voted for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

TBH I recall Reagan got it bad..... in the era before internet! Oh the stories surrounding that. Didn't help that Nancy was a fan of the... err... alternative arts that were out of this world?

Wasn't Kenny rumored to be an undercover homosexual?

Obama was the first to get his eligible origins questioned I believe.... in recent times I believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Just to add.... Ford got a bad rap for not releasing his Tax Returns as well.... He only ended up releasing them later on.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The thing about Trump is the negative coverage isnt merely Hostile Media Effect perception (a cognitive bias).

edit on 7-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

TBH I recall Reagan got it bad..... in the era before internet! Oh the stories surrounding that. Didn't help that Nancy was a fan of the... err... alternative arts that were out of this world?

Wasn't Kenny rumored to be an undercover homosexual?

Obama was the first to get his eligible origins questioned I believe.... in recent times I believe.

I have the CD version of every Rolling Stone magazine from 1967 to 2007. From 1981 to at least the end of 1983 (as far as I've got reading) EVERY issue had an editorial by William Grieder as the first big article bashing Reagan. EVERY one.

EDIT: RS also had a crappy comic bashing Nancy too. EVERY issue from about '82 on.
edit on 1 7 2018 by NobodyToldMe because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

It cannot be disputed that Trump has received far more negative coverage than other Presidents. Even NPR admits this is true.

Lots of the negative coverage is based on complete and total lies like Brian Ross's report, for which he was suspended and has yet to return to work.

Or it is just pure Trump Derangement syndrome, for example CNN's report on Trump eating two scoops of ice cream or his newsworthy habit of drinking 12 Diet Cokes per day. You know they really have nothing to complain about when they resort to ice cream and diet sodas, and they certainly can't bring themselves to admit the economy is booming under Trump even for real people like myself, who are not at all "big business."

No one is saying Trump is off limits, just stick to the facts instead of blasting everyone with fake BS about Trump and his "Gorilla Channel." I'm happy to be critical about something with a real basis, like Sessions targeting pot states, since as a right leaning person I am fully supportive of states rights.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Yeah see. All that tabloid BS is just coordinated diversion, which sure a bit per day is good for a laugh but when entire mediums are constantly steamrolled with it it goes far beyond a mere insult to the intelligence. Especially since that's the MSM way always has been. "Scandals" yes, tabloids YES, division YES YES YES, but talking about the true Corruption / the things that impact all equally and would warrant unified reaction if put into true perspective NO NO NO. Now how do you like your Happy Meal?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

It cannot be disputed that Trump has received far more negative coverage than other Presidents. Even NPR admits this is true.

Trump's actions are unprecedented. Vacations and visits to his private properties for nearly a third of his administration. He's nearly tripled Obama's Golf visits this year alone after deriding him years ago. Trumps bad blood with others and his constant outbursts on twitter. Not to mention his record low approval rating. This list goes on.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised in the least that he got more bad press coverage.

Lots of the negative coverage

There have been negative coverage of Trump yes.... and there have been a few false reports on him, as with other presidents. No acceptable but he's not the first.

The two scoops thing from CNN is idiotic. Though Trumps singling out of CNN and constant threats to them and other free media isn't helping him at all.

No one is saying Trump is off limits,

Oh plenty of people are acting like he should be. You're free to disagree. This is a forum.

I'm happy to be critical about something with a real basis, like Sessions targeting pot states, since as a right leaning person I am fully supportive of states rights.

And I'm always happy to find some common ground.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Don't stop! Trump NEEDS it. Without his "bad mon" image and notoriety he would have little collateral to trade with.

Trump has mastered a kind of martial art. He feeds off all the negativity. It is his KFC, lol.

Trump is a tank. I think he can keep this thing up another 7. Why do I think that? I think that because whenever he is not twitting his twoddle or signing executive orders he is off having golfing fun. This guy knows how to not take his work and its stress home. There is no doubt because anyone else would have crumbled. Even Hills Bills has crumbled under the strain and she was a tough cookie.

Trump is heavy weight champ of the world. He is a bruising whopper of a slugger politician. Even the Guardian Mardy-un has to trumpalize this reality.

edit on 7-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There was a thread on here suggesting that Trump had bots automatically starring pro-Trump posts - it seems to have been deleted.

What I've actually noticed is a a few new accounts posting anti-Trump rhetoric and funny thing is they all have the same amount of stars.....

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
.... and if anything, compared to Clinton and Obama, Trump's getting it fairly soft on here when it comes to bad threads.

Umm... perhaps you are not paying attention then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join