It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumps First State-of-the-Union Address on Jan 30th 2018 - Boycotting Is Not Smart.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for supplying those links to Congressmen who boycotted Barack Obama and Bill Clinton's SOTU addresses. I wonder if they lasted long in Congress afterwards?

Yup. You can check their records.

And seriously, you should check out some of the Congressional shenanigans from the 1800's.

Thanks.. I'll Google up some quick reading materials on the 1800-era shenanigans.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
This is stupid.

In every job I had, there were parts I did not like.

These people applied for a job, the people said yes, now do the work.

Just more stupidity from grandstanding idiots.

But that is USA politics.

P

Your words perfectly embody why I started this thread, Pheonix358. President-bashing Congressmen are hurting their constituency. That is NEGLIGENT AND DUMB!

It's free speech and it's democracy.

Go back and review the statements made by Republicans during the Obama era... and you can go back further than that. Congresscritters have fought duels, defamed each other, plotted against each other, and more. Davey Crockett once tried to frame a rival by pretending to be him and knocking on a woman's door (she screamed, her father came running, and Crockett escaped without being seen (recounted here. I've abridged it something awful)

There have been fist fights and a near riot (with assaults), spitting and a fight with cane and tongs

...and so forth.

We've actually become more civilized to some extent.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for supplying those links to Congressmen who boycotted Barack Obama and Bill Clinton's SOTU addresses. I wonder if they lasted long in Congress afterwards?

Yup. You can check their records.

And seriously, you should check out some of the Congressional shenanigans from the 1800's.

Thanks.. I'll Google up some quick reading materials on the 1800-era shenanigans.

Reading up on those old Congresses is ... interesting. And the politicians back then were ... well, you might not blame people for wanting to horsewhip them. Davy Crockett fell considerably in my estimation after I began reading reprints of his newsletter (he was cruel, racist (against Indians), and kinda oblivious to the needs of people other than those from his own area.

link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: carewemust

Our property rights were destroyed in 2008, that's what congress had their secret meeting about. People will find out once the bond bubble finally implodes.

So in simple terms, you suggest that we don't get too hooked on material things. Just enjoy our families and live modestly? If so, I'm all for that! Thanks for the insight, SkeptiSchism.

Yes I think that is very wise, reduce your expenses get out of debt if you can and try to obtain paper legal title for anything you own. Paper bank statements, deeds for vehicles, cars etc. This is why precious metals are money, because they have no counter party risk. All other assets people think they own have counter party risk, you are relying on the system to function.

Crytpocurrencies are worse, because not only do you need a functioning computer, wallet, power but you also need a functioning internet and exchanges to exchange cryptos for cash you can actually use in the economy.

Did you know that banks haven't given paper titles to homes since 2008? That's because MERS destroyed the legal titles to over 60 million homes, so they could skip county recording fees and sell them via computer trading in tranches.

We're seriously screwed people have no idea, so yes in short your answer is best. Live inexpensively now because everyone else will be eventually living the same way, you will have a head start.

link   

No one claimed they were smart. Case in point they all blabbed to Wolff.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Whataboutism.

it's not really whataboutism when it's literally the exact same thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That's IF he even gives an address...

Trump is vulnerable in halls of congress.

It's is the ONE place he can be arrested by the Sargent at Arms. . .

REMEMBER how/when Cesar was betrayed? ...

I wonder....

If Trump will CANCEL his address....?

edit on 7-1-2018 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
It would be worth showing up just to see him tell everyone how smart he is while knowing his administration all think he is an idiot.

Why do you say that, because Dr. Evil says so...lol

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
That's IF he even gives an address...

Trump is vulnerable in halls of congress.

It's is the ONE place he can be arrested by the Sargent at Arms. . .

REMEMBER how/when Cesar was betrayed? ...

I wonder....

If Trump will CANCEL his address....?

Really? Have you not noticed he loves this stuff...he thrives in it...lol Silly rabbit...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I wonder what he thinks will be accomplished by this? If anything it's going to make people whine about it and nothing more. Dumb move and pointless to boot.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Its whataboutism by definition, because it can't be the same thing when its a different person.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

What the hell are these dirtbags jobs?that is what they were voted in to do,if they boycott,then they are derilict in their duty,should be replaced,this is a no brainer,can't do the job,then give it to someone who can

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This speech will make liberal heads explode worldwide

And who the he'll is Rep.Blumenauer anyway?
edit on CSTSunam0761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

I don't think its wise, or appropriate, for a member of Congress to alienate him/her self from the President.

like when they, for example, screech "YOU LIE" at the president when he's speaking?

in his defense, it was a lie, and everyone knew it, he just had the balls to say it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: fiverx313

I don't think its wise, or appropriate, for a member of Congress to alienate him/her self from the President.

like when they, for example, screech "YOU LIE" at the president when he's speaking?

in his defense, it was a lie, and everyone knew it, he just had the balls to say it.

Observing common decorum is something we should expect from those who represent us. Time and place to air grievances....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, and he was shamed for his outburst, but as a guy who didn't like Obama, I smiled when it happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, and he was shamed for his outburst, but as a guy who didn't like Obama, I smiled when it happened.

I've had to step out of the room to get the giggles out of the way prior to punishing my child for something wrong (but funny) that they'd done.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hope somebody wrote it for him, and he simply stands there and reads it. If he starts to wax extemporaneous, we will again hear how he WON the election against the 15 most brilliant candidates in the history of the world, and his general fabulosity and awesomeness.

Stay on script, Donald. Please.
edit on 1/7/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I hope somebody wrote it for him, and he simply stands there and reads it. If he starts to wax extemporaneous, we will again hear how he WON the election against the 15 most brilliant candidates in the history of the world, and his general fabulosity and awesomeness.

Stay on script, Donald. Please.

Im gonna have the popcorn ready...i know its gonna be uproarious.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Maybe it's all a big distraction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join