It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crypto Currency Bitcoin / Altcoin Sub Forum?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

What sharks ? You mean Whales ?

Sometimes that's necessary. That's a good indicator that a new coin will moon at some point within a few Quarters .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Can it is just be a MONEY forum so we can discuss money, the federal reserve, interest rates, and the stock market along with crypto?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I will most certainly look into this as well. I like the "ATS" comment, reminds me of the old days of throwing darts for stocks. Which (when dealing with crypto) is as good as any investing strategy.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I think that, on the surface, it is easy to lump it in with "money," but there is quite a bit more going on with it than just currency. I'd even go so far as to say that putting it into such a forum would perpetuate the erroneous notion that we are dealing with something that is directly correlated and compared to something like the US dollar.

Because of the more extensive facets and possibilities, I still feel it would have a better home in the aforementioned "Accelerating Change," or maybe "Singularity" forum (title doesn't matter all to much).

Its a very unique and novel time for our species, but the topics pertaining to that tend to be spread throughout many other forums. That makes it tougher to get a nice, concise look at the whole picture as well as limiting possible beneficial insights from the membership.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

A dedicated forum seems unnecessary to me. There are plenty of other discussion boards devoted to the topic.
edit on 1-8-2018 by jaymp because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

See, now that sounds more practical. That I can get behind.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That's not a bad idea at all. Certainly extend the functionality of adding such a topic area!

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It would be an asset, currently I got to other forums for information about them.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I can see it being under a Money forum. Some of us are already turning Global Meltdown into all about crypto, but that's mostly due to the current bloodbath the market is going through...lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Careful what you wish for, the Meltdown forum is almost all crytpo threads at the moment (of course, considering the current bloodbath...)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

(post by EthanWalters removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Valkyre removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
As the difficulty factor rises over time the profit drops to the point you will be lucky to get half your money back at the end of the contract. IMO, cryptocurrencies are just not a good investment unless you bought some about 6 or 7 years ago.

Wish I could have bought some BTC in 2010 when it was going for about $60 per coin. I just couldn't figure out how to get a miner going or didn't know where to buy any. No info was available back then.
edit on 7-10-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join