It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet falls for Trump-'Gorilla Channel' parody

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

www.politico.com...

Amid the cascade of revelations from Michael Wolff’s incendiary book about the Trump administration, one Twitter user posted a screenshot Thursday night of what looked like an especially stunning excerpt. It described how the president, on his first night in office, had complained that White House televisions did not carry "the gorilla channel" and that Trump spent hours a day watching gorilla programming his staff subsequently produced to satisfy his simian appetite.

So many Twitter users took seriously the gag excerpt, which included the claim that Trump spends 17 hours a day watching videos of gorillas fighting, that its author subsequently tweeted a clarification and even switched to a highly literal new twitter username — "the gorilla channel thing is a joke” — to underscore the point.

Such an indication of their own derangements syndrome.

They can't even admit they were had by a joke.

They try to flip it by claiming it was real enough --"I believed it could be real because Trump is beyond parody. This is where we're at. #impeach".

Saying, "Damnit. You got me!" and having a laugh (at yourself and the joke) would show that you aware of your own reality.

But, nope. Deluded...purposefully, willingly, and enthusiastically deluded.

You used two paragraphs from the website you cited instead of just one paragraph, I got in # for it, you should check out the rules on it, heads up.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

And you stick by everything that he does or says....
Are you blinded by his orangeness I dunno?.
Notive I said you and not Trump supporters...I have noticed some trump supporters can disagree with what he does or says but you blimey.
edit on 6-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think you should change your avatar to this:

Hey that kind of looks like you. Even has the same stance as you in your avatar.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well that's completely irrelevant to what I said, but cool story bro.

Liberals believe things because they hate Trump, you can't post without using things that refute your own assertions because you're inept.

Glad that's all settled now.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Admittedly, I haven't being paying much attention to this - when I first heard about it I honestly thought that it had something to do with Mike Cernovich's channel.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I believe you've hit the nail on the head. There is some really, really deep-seated jealousy over how such a stupid guy could take millions and turn them into billions. Then run for president and knock off the most talked-about candidate in ages. Then get the biggest tax reform package since Reagan through Congress in less than a year!

I didn't vote for the guy because I thought Gary Johnson could do a better job without all the baggage being toted about by the major party candidates but by golly, this really stupid guy with funny looking hair has actually done something that will produce positive results for the majority of the people he serves.

(post by EvidenceNibbler removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I betcha a million to 1 Trump will invest in G Man's drip proof ice cream
edit on 6-1-2018 by Blender5L because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

www.politico.com...

Amid the cascade of revelations from Michael Wolff’s incendiary book about the Trump administration, one Twitter user posted a screenshot Thursday night of what looked like an especially stunning excerpt. It described how the president, on his first night in office, had complained that White House televisions did not carry "the gorilla channel" and that Trump spent hours a day watching gorilla programming his staff subsequently produced to satisfy his simian appetite.

So many Twitter users took seriously the gag excerpt, which included the claim that Trump spends 17 hours a day watching videos of gorillas fighting, that its author subsequently tweeted a clarification and even switched to a highly literal new twitter username — "the gorilla channel thing is a joke” — to underscore the point.

They try to flip it by claiming it was real enough --"I believed it could be real because Trump is beyond parody. This is where we're at. #impeach".

Saying, "Damnit. You got me!" and having a laugh (at yourself and the joke) would show that you aware of your own reality.

You used two paragraphs from the website you cited instead of just one paragraph, I got in # for it, you should check out the rules on it, heads up.
Point me to that rule please, I don't trust the likes of you.
I want to see it in the TOS, otherwise it's just another leftist tactic to shut people up.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Didn't Trump boycott the Gorilla Channel?

link   

Wow bad mood today? I could say the same. btw what exactly are you implying with your little comment 'the likes of you'.? Sounds like you're the one with the attitude problem.

After noticing an increase, in instances of members starting threads, with nothing
more than a link, a quote or a one line comment

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
***ATTENTION***

This is not the Mud Pit. That means that the T&C applies and political trolling and insults will be removed. You can also lose posting privileges if it keeps up.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

www.politico.com...

Point me to that rule please, I don't trust the likes of you.
I want to see it in the TOS, otherwise it's just another leftist tactic to shut people up.

I can't be bothered finding it - but it there in the T&C's to only post a portion of any source, not a massive spread of it. The idea being to focus in on your contribution.

Obviously, there are circumstances where posting the entire 'quote' would be permissible (I think) such as a full quote from a world leader or something.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I thought people liked Trump because he told it like it is. I do the same and those same very people that like Trump for it fold like a bunch of pansies.

You are far from being a Stable Genius, quit comparing yourself to one.

Misanthropes unite.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blender5L

Did you not read your own link?
Seems two paragraphs is fine by the TOC here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,

edit on 6-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: introvert

...window-lickers...

I was honestly under the impression that this was a solely British thing to say.

Very common in the US.

It is usually used in the same sentence as "helmet-wearing".

Helmet-wearing window lickers.

What part of America do they say "Helmet-wearing window lickers" as a very common phrase?

I need to avoid there .

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: pavil

I love him MOABing terrorists.
I love him making the media look retarded.
I share his attraction to his daughter, too.

There’s also many more I could list.

...problems that need both sides input.

It is my belief that both sides ARE the problem...
And any input they have will only exacerbate the sh*t show further.

See, I knew you could do it!

Some can't cite anything. It's Verboten.

Now go binge watch a season of the Apprentice.

Soon you will learn to the the Donald.

As to your second Part, yes both parties and their lackeys in the Media are a plague to the average American.
That Trump is disliked by all side's Leadership is his ultimate badge for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join