It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet falls for Trump-'Gorilla Channel' parody

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Where is your statement "people refuse to admit they were had by a joke" coming from then? The two pictures you posted are clearly admitting to being had by a joke. Who is it you're calling "purposefully, willingly and enthusiastically deluded"?

I don't see the point of the OP other than to call people who dislike Trump "deluded" because your pictures don't exactly fall in line with the premise behind the thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: introvert

I'm not angry that Trump is our president, but Trump is president because people are stupid.

Don't back peddle now, especially considering the criticism you've thrown at OP. Unless I am missing something here, but I doubt it.

I did not back peddle. I said what I said and I stand by it. That does not mean I said being anti-Trump makes one intellectually-superior.

Pay very close attention to the words I use.

So please expand on how Trump became the president, due to stupid people?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

But I won't hold my breath expecting the mob to criticize other OP's for their dishonest, divisive, and over generalized OP's, especially when it's coming from the other side.

It’s not exactly like there is an insufficient number of members doing that already.

I can think of 2 lefties in particular here who’s posts get bombarded with vitriol the instant they appear in the New page.

Every single time too. And you love it enough to do so. 😂

So you can’t feel too disappointed. 😋

Sure, but in fairness, and lets not beat around the bush, that OP is notorious for creating threads for no other purpose than to stir # up. And gets called out on it, and rightfully so.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

But I won't hold my breath expecting the mob to criticize other OP's for their dishonest, divisive, and over generalized OP's, especially when it's coming from the other side.

It’s not exactly like there is an insufficient number of members doing that already.

I can think of 2 lefties in particular here who’s posts get bombarded with vitriol the instant they appear in the New page.

Every single time too. And you love it enough to do so. 😂

So you can’t feel too disappointed. 😋

Sure, but in fairness, and lets not beat around the bush, that OP is notorious for creating threads for no other purpose than to stir # up. And gets called out on it, and rightfully so.

In fairness, I think that very much applies to the OP of this thread too.

Maybe not yet “notorious”, but their pattern since Dec 27 points in that direction for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm not angry that Trump is our president, but Trump is president because people are stupid.

Don't back peddle now, especially considering the criticism you've thrown at OP. Unless I am missing something here, but I doubt it.

I did not back peddle. I said what I said and I stand by it. That does not mean I said being anti-Trump makes one intellectually-superior.

Yes.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Couldn't the same thing be said about this OP as well? Not sure if he's gained the label "notorious" yet but the amount of threads he creates a day is kind of weird isn't it? It's like as soon as he joined he started pumping out multiple threads a day with a very particular slant put on them and people have eaten it up and rewarded him for such lazy work.

Here goes his method (I bet) in a nutshell:

Find article/Tweet praising Trump and/or bashing those who don't like him; post a few snippets of the article/Tweet in quotes; throw in a sprinkle of liberal bashing in-between said quotes; get dopamine rush from the amount of flags and stars received for such minimal effort; repeat.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I thought people liked Trump because he told it like it is. I do the same and those same very people that like Trump for it fold like a bunch of pansies.

You are far from being a Stable Genius, quit comparing yourself to one.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He reminds me of another member hhhmmm.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

I thought people liked Trump because he told it like it is. I do the same and those same very people that like Trump for it fold like a bunch of pansies.

You are far from being a Stable Genius, quit comparing yourself to one.

Where did I compare myself to a "stable genius"?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yes.

Obtuse much? Or are you trying to go back in time with that back peddling?

Have a good day, you can't mental gymnastics your way out of this one.

but 10/10 for effort.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You do realize both still try to justify their gullibility for their belief in it due to their opinion of Trump correct? Is that not the gist of what is trying to be conveyed? They didn't reflect on the err in there ways, because after all it is Trump.
edit on 1/6/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes.

Obtuse much? Or are you trying to go back in time with that back peddling?

Have a good day, you can't mental gymnastics your way out of this one.

but 10/10 for effort.

Do not ask questions if you do not want the answers.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

I don't want to take this too off-topic, but to be even more fair, I don't think anyone can reach *ahem's* status. A quick look through OP's history will show you he's obviously pro-trump but not all his threads (actually not many) are even direct attacks or even intended to be such.

*ahem* on the other hand.. there is a huge difference and you guys are only being disingenuous if you say otherwise.

But let's not drift off topic.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Look, you said it yourself, you are just a Trump wannabe, copying his style. Too bad Introvert, you ain't no DJT.
I understand better now why you guys are all so angry, it's jealousy that you aren't more like Trump.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

edit on 6-1-2018 by testingtesting because: Not falling for it

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Where is your statement "people refuse to admit they were had by a joke" coming from then?

Let's not forget the other statement:

Saying, "Damnit. You got me!" and having a laugh (at yourself and the joke) would show that you aware of your own reality. But, nope. Deluded...purposefully, willingly, and enthusiastically deluded.

And then using a guy who changed his Twitter bio to read that he's the CEO of The Gorilla Channel, and creates gorilla based content, and has posted that he would watch a gorilla channel as somehow being your example of not being able to laugh at yourself....

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Look, you said it yourself, you are just a Trump wannabe, copying his style. Too bad Introvert, you ain't no DJT.
I understand better now why you guys are all so angry, it's jealousy that you aren't more like Trump.

And you wonder why I call people such as yourself stupid. It was not a comparison between himself and I. It was a matter of taking similar actions and the hypocritical reactions we see from people...like you.

I shouldn't have to explain this sort of stuff. But I have to.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Liberals will believe anything derogatory towards Trump.

They are literally blinded by their hate..

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This was pointed out to me last night. I laughed until the tears came.
Some did indeed admit that they fell for it but as of this morning there were still posts coming through claiming that every word was true.
Haters gonna hate and it doesn't take much to get them to the point of name calling. This thread presents ample evidence of that.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I think you should change your avatar to this:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join