It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet falls for Trump-'Gorilla Channel' parody

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: pavil

That anyone believed it initally even just shows you how far gone some people are.

I agree. That anyone believed something this absurd just goes to show how far gone Donald Trump is.

Sigh...we were so close in agreeing...missed it by that much.

It's a problem people on both sides look only for things that support their worldviews only.

Again I go back to Deny Ignorance. This site and motto really do help when you follow that.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sorry, posted the wrong image file, I've corrected that.

Doesn't matter. The image you quickly removed still invalidates at least one your claims in the OP.

Can't see the trees through the forest huh? The people who are against Trump will seize on any piece of fresh meat put in the water. A similar thing just happened on a thread here, falling for news that obviously came from only one site.

But then again, they still believe the Steele Dossier is a Bible. .......

Be prepared to see a LOT of 4chan Chumming the waters now.

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US!

LOL

That goes both ways. It seems people are not honest enough to at least admit something as simple as that.

Fine. They offered an explanation, you don't buy it. The gist of story is still out there: Many people swallowed the whole hook on this.

It's not like Politico isn't reporting the hoax. You shouldn't be mad about it if you didn't fall for it. hopefully people here at least wouldn't have fallen for it.

The whole Deny Ignorance motto has gone to the Wayside here unfortunately. People don't even double source things before posting.

We all need to get back to basics on things here or else Sorcha Fael will be considered a reliable source. I know it's a conspiracy site, but we have to do some self verification of things.

Ignorance is bliss on this site.

Why do you think so many people here fell for the Right Wing fake news farms during the election?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Why so mean to new members?

Meanie meanie head!

“New”... uhhuh. For sure, cowboy!

Is that a symptom of TDS?

My personal observations say that TDS is actually suffered by his Cult.

Seriously?

Jokingly?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: introvert

No, that first tweet in the OP is OBVIOUSLY the one I made the comments about.
It was a mistake on my part posting the wrong image file, get over it.
They are both in the OP now.
I'm going to watch the Gorilla channel, see you in 17 hours.

No need to apologize to these sort. They’ve been relegated to the position of promoting gossip in order to further their narrative.

I did not ask for an apology. People do not need to be sorry for being exactly what they are.

In this case, it's dishonest.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

No, that first tweet in the OP is OBVIOUSLY the one I made the comments about.
It was a mistake on my part posting the wrong image file, get over it.
They are both in the OP now.
I'm going to watch the Gorilla channel, see you in 17 hours.

No need to apologize to these sort. They’ve been relegated to the position of promoting gossip in order to further their narrative.

I did not ask for an apology. People do not need to be sorry for being exactly what they are.

In this case, it's dishonest.

And everyone questioning his honesty are themselves the paragons of honesty. Laughable, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...people are mad...

I think it’s more likely that people don’t like easily disproven, divisive, generalised, verbal assaults against anybody who doesn’t kiss Trump’s wrinkled old ass, being disguised as an OP and bandied about ATS...

Especially when it’s a clearly one-trick-pony “new” member.

YMMV.

Oh, Les, you take your signature way too seriously. 😂

YMMV? Had to look that up, thanks. Now I feel old.

Even in you rebuttal, you seethe with anger towards Trump and his supporters. You are going to get an ulcer and it's only been not even one year yet. Try some meditation.

If its someone new here, does blasting them really solve anything? Trying to correct behavior by yelling and ranting back at the person seldom works well, suprisingly even on the internets. It's Shocking, I know.

Getting worked up over a supposed new post is well......rather lame IMO.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Sorry, posted the wrong image file, I've corrected that.

Doesn't matter. The image you quickly removed still invalidates at least one your claims in the OP.

Can't see the trees through the forest huh? The people who are against Trump will seize on any piece of fresh meat put in the water. A similar thing just happened on a thread here, falling for news that obviously came from only one site.

But then again, they still believe the Steele Dossier is a Bible. .......

Be prepared to see a LOT of 4chan Chumming the waters now.

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US!

LOL

That goes both ways. It seems people are not honest enough to at least admit something as simple as that.

Fine. They offered an explanation, you don't buy it. The gist of story is still out there: Many people swallowed the whole hook on this.

It's not like Politico isn't reporting the hoax. You shouldn't be mad about it if you didn't fall for it. hopefully people here at least wouldn't have fallen for it.

The whole Deny Ignorance motto has gone to the Wayside here unfortunately. People don't even double source things before posting.

We all need to get back to basics on things here or else Sorcha Fael will be considered a reliable source. I know it's a conspiracy site, but we have to do some self verification of things.

Ignorance is bliss on this site.

Why do you think so many people here fell for the Right Wing fake news farms during the election?

See you are still doing that. There is an equal ecosystem of Left leaning fake news farms and Correct the record and all of David Brocks shenanigans.

At least be honest about it, there are tons of idiots on both sides who fall for such things. To say only one side did it is disengenious.

Plus it was the Russians , not the Right wing, duh.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

...you seethe with anger towards Trump and his supporters.

That is incorrect, pavil.

Not kissing his ass, or cowering when his supporters try to shame us into kissing his ass, is not a result of anger.

If its someone new here...

It isn’t, that’s my point.

Trying to correct behavior by yelling and ranting back at the person seldom works well.

I’m not here to correct people’s behaviour.

I don’t think I’m in a minority on that either.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Speaking of politics the new Estonian Hillary Clinton biopic 'Hillaryzilla" has critics talking and might sweep the oscars next year, by the looks of it this might be the thriller of the year

Trump (played by Swen Ekaf) is being stalked by Hillaryzilla (Liame DiPuts) in a game of cat and mouse while The UN leader Bank Ki moon (g'nin thi' on soed) considers sanctions against North Korean leader Kim Jung Un (Mik lil)

meanwhile as the alien dinosaurs

Ok you had me at alien dinosaurs, my point is not many folk understand satire, some can't write it some don't get it.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Seems a lot of people were fooled. Neflix tweeted this yesterday

Netflix US‏Verified account @netflix Follow Follow @netflix More

please stop calling our customer service hotline to ask if we have The Gorilla Channel

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

For a satire hoax that NO ONE believed, people sure are worked up about this here. Why is that?

People tend to get "worked up" about dishonest posts and edits on ATS.

I don't see too many people worked up about the hoax.

If you say so.....

Getting so worked up about this is weird to me. It's not like Politico wasn't sourced as the article. Obviously they thought it was relevant enough to put that article out. It even states in that article:

Internet parodies are routinely mistaken for fact. But the case of the "gorilla channel" underscores the extent to which news junkies and political partisans, recently exposed to a series of startling claims about strange events inside the White House, are willing to believe almost anything about the always unpredictable, norm-shattering presidency of Donald Trump.

It's a problem that both sides will believe anything and post their beliefs without checking into the claims.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Me thinks a few of the posters here were phoning into netflix asking about the Gorilla Channel....

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Seems a lot of people were fooled. Neflix tweeted this yesterday

Netflix US‏Verified account @netflix Follow Follow @netflix More

please stop calling our customer service hotline to ask if we have The Gorilla Channel

twitter.com...

You need ROKU to get that Channel.

I saw that on twitter.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Getting so worked up about this is weird to me.

Assuming everybody is worked up is weird to me.

Almost as weird as assuming people who disagree with you, or Trump, on any particular thing (or a number of things) can only possibly do so from a position of anger.

But...we have pretty clear examples of both those things happening in this thread, so I guess everything is just weird.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

See you are still doing that. There is an equal ecosystem of Left leaning fake news farms and Correct the record and all of David Brocks shenanigans.

No. You do not get to say things are equal when they are not.

At least be honest about it, there are tons of idiots on both sides who fall for such things. To say only one side did it is disengenious.

Of course. I did not say anything to the contrary.

Plus it was the Russians , not the Right wing, duh.

It was successful for the Russians because the Right Wing are dumb enough to fall for that stupid nonsense.

Not saying some on the Left aren't as well, but collectively...the far Right is known well for being a bunch of window-lickers.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...you seethe with anger towards Trump and his supporters.

That is incorrect, pavil.

Not kissing his ass, or cowering when his supporters try to shame us into kissing his ass, is not a result of anger.

If its someone new here...

It isn’t, that’s my point.

Trying to correct behavior by yelling and ranting back at the person seldom works well.

I’m not here to correct people’s behaviour.

I don’t think I’m in a minority on that either.

You don't even see the anger in your own wording. I don't want you to "kiss his ass" just stop with the hyperbole all the time.

For example, has Trump done ONE THING that you can support by posting it here? Surely you can find one thing he's done you can support? Just one.

This will be a good exercise for you.

Either we can continue this same path for 3 or 7 more years or we can start working together to solve our problems that need both sides input.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

...window-lickers...

I was honestly under the impression that this was a solely British thing to say.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I love him MOABing terrorists.
I love him making the media look retarded.
I share his attraction to his daughter, too.

There’s also many more I could list.

...problems that need both sides input.

It is my belief that both sides ARE the problem...
And any input they have will only exacerbate the sh*t show further.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So what I can gather of this train wreck of a thread is that the rodent f#d up their Middle Finger OP post, and is now trying to gaslight members.

Good luck with that.
edit on 1/6/2018 by Nyiah because: Whoops, typo, missed a letter. My laptop's keyboard is dying a slow death, folks.

edit on 1/6/2018 by Nyiah because: Edit 2: A letter where it shouldn't have been, lol. Today's going good...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join