It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kate Steinle killer Zarate will be taken into custody by federal authorities on two new charges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Guns do not fire themselves.

If a Sig is not properly decocked, the weapon is not rendered drop-safe. So...yes, it can fire if dropped.

I will ask you again, are you saying he didn't pull the trigger?

I will respond again: if you're confused about what I said, read it again.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If a Sig is not properly decocked, the weapon is not rendered drop-safe. So...yes, it can fire if dropped.

Yea, it is drop safe.
You don't know what you are talking about.
Single action or double action, it don't go off even if dropped right on the hammer.
It can't.
There is a transfer bar.
Doubt you know anything about firearms other than what you read on the internet.
This ain't your grand dads peacemaker we are discussing.
edit on 6-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Guns do not fire themselves.

I will ask you again, are you saying he didn't pull the trigger?

I will respond again: if you're confused about what I said, read it again.

Where did you say it was dropped?
Who , in any news , stated it was dropped ?
Do you have insider information ?
Everything I have read anywhere states "he didnt know it would fire"
Please respond if you know more that the court system did...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The standard SIG P226 incorporates a decocking lever on the left side of the frame above the magazine release button, which first appeared on the Sauer 38H prior to World War II, which allows the hammer to be dropped safely. In chambering or firing a round, the actuation of the slide automatically cocks the hammer. By using the decocking lever, the hammer can be de-cocked without actuating the firing pin block, making it impossible to accidentally fire the firearm by using the decocking lever. Furthermore, using the decocking lever makes the firearm "drop safe", which means the firing pin will be blocked from striking a loaded round unless the trigger is pulled. Pulling the trigger and slowly lowering the hammer does not make the firearm "drop safe", and can result in an accidental discharge if sufficient force is applied to the hammer.

You can scroll down to page 18 in this PDF and see the warning in the Sig owner's manual to always use the decocking lever so as to prevent accidental discharges.

Keep flailing, you might get that gotcha-moment you're trying so hard for!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's a good question, as I didn't say it.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The standard SIG P226 incorporates a decocking lever on the left side of the frame above the magazine release button, which first appeared on the Sauer 38H prior to World War II, which allows the hammer to be dropped safely. In chambering or firing a round, the actuation of the slide automatically cocks the hammer. By using the decocking lever, the hammer can be de-cocked without actuating the firing pin block, making it impossible to accidentally fire the firearm by using the decocking lever. Furthermore, using the decocking lever makes the firearm "drop safe", which means the firing pin will be blocked from striking a loaded round unless the trigger is pulled. Pulling the trigger and slowly lowering the hammer does not make the firearm "drop safe", and can result in an accidental discharge if sufficient force is applied to the hammer.

You can scroll down to page 18 in this PDF and see the warning in the Sig owner's manual to always use the decocking lever so as to prevent accidental discharges.

Keep flailing, you might get that gotcha-moment you're trying so hard for!

HAHAHAA

You don't even understand what they are trying to tell you!!!

I will repeat, that firearm can be dropped directly on it's hammer when it is cocked and it cannot go off.

There is a transfer bar that blocks the hammer from striking the firing pin even if the hammer was to drop.

Look carefully at what you linked, notice the words 'firing pin block'.

Thats your first hint...

You are making yourself look very stupid to anyone familiar with firearms.

ETA: I'll help you out a bit more. The decocking lever is used when you are decocking the gun, that means you are pulling the bloody trigger lol.

You are the one that is flailing, never touched a firearm before and trying to teach me from the instruction manual hahahahahahaa

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ah, I see the problem. You have a hard time reading. I'll try to dumb it down further for you.

Always use the decocking lever to decock your SIG SAUER pistol. This is the only way to safely lower the hammer from the cocked position and prevent an accidental discharge. This warning applies to all pistols with decocking levers. The positive way to safely lower the hammer is by use of the decocking lever. Never lower the hammer by pulling the trigger and attempting to ease the hammer forward manually. Manually lowering the hammer is dangerous and prevents full application of the pistol’s safety features.

I highlighted the relevant portion of the safety warning for you. Hopefully it sinks in: if the weapon is not properly decocked, an accidental discharge is possible.

You are making yourself look very stupid to anyone familiar with firearms.

I assure you that it is not I doing that right now.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

That's a good question, as I didn't say it.

Dang, your entire rhetoric has been about "drop safe"
So are you saying every single post you have made has been off-topic ?
Go outside , get some fresh air , and return
And perhaps you can get a grip on what you have been posting...
Because what I am reading is just a liberal style change the facts to match the story posts.

edit on 1/6/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

OK, so now your theory is that the Mexican was trying to decock the gun without using the decocking lever?

You know that means he was pulling the trigger then right?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This is a load of BS.

You are WRONG.
You have no idea how firearms function, you think because you found the instruction manual online you are proficient hahaa. You make me chuckle.

Trigger of gun that killed Kate Steinle had to be pulled, criminologist testifies

www.sfgate.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

OK, so now your theory is that the Mexican was trying to decock the gun without using the decocking lever?

You know that means he was pulling the trigger then right?

Just a self-infatuation on the immense firearm knowledge and/or the tremendous need to back up a progressive liberal court's findings .
It goes against Trump and immigration policies being put forth , you know...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Since you were so kind as to highlight the IRRELEVANT portion of the instruction manual, I'll help you out again and quote the relevant part.

Never lower the hammer by pulling the trigger and attempting to ease the hammer forward manually. Manually lowering the hammer is dangerous and prevents full application of the pistol’s safety features.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It goes against Trump and immigration policies being put forth , you know...

If it does that, then progressives will support murder of their own citizens. Shameful.

Just a self-infatuation on the immense firearm knowledge
The member has ZERO firearms knowledge, that is abundantly clear. I suggest they take a course and spend some time at a range.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: DBCowboy

The left hates our citizens and would rather defend a killer than the American woman he murdered.

Make no mistake, this is the Democrat platform.

Oh, I agree.

But I say let the killer stay with the people that wanted him out.

I say isolate them that supported the outcome and the asshole that caused this in the first place.

This is not democracy, it's lunacy.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If you're an illegal alien, you can literally kill someone and get away with it in California.

Or anywhere else in America. They go to court, say I'm not from here , and poof- deportation. ..
And then they come back next week.

They should be instantly naturalized and made a full citizen when charged with a crime. That way they be in prison for they crimes they commit.

And have the IRS get in there too. Oh you've had a residence, legal support, and housing, food share. ..

Guess what, you owe 20000 in back taxes.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You do know what a sig sauer costs right?

It's not a hi-point p.o.s.

Last one I bought ran about 850$

But I'm sure he wasn't thinking about that, he was concerned about the safety of everyone in the area...
Right....

And the decocking lever always works.
Sigs aren't garbage.
edit on 6-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Sig says different.

Surprise, This Sig Sauer Pistol That 'Won't Fire Unless You Want It To' Fires When You Drop It

Get back to me when you find the same model gun, your link points to a Sig 320, which isn't the same firearm.

The Steinle murder weapon was a ‎.40-caliber SIG Sauer P239 handgun

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You missed the sarcasm and the "self-infatuation" part.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

If the P320 wasn't supposed to fire and it does then who is to say any of the others might not and that is the reason for the warning pointed out by Shamrock?

I don't actually care but nothing is 100%. Just put that up there because it was a quick find.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join