It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's $1 billion Jupiter Probe Taking Unreal Photos of the Gas Planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
1000% cgi. ya'll are loony af if you really believe in this "space exploration" bs.

NASA is an endless money funnel...hence why "space is endless...and why we will have "space alien threats" coming soon, which went can be continued forever.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

When I read articles about this it was all saying these are artist impressions or computer generated from data.

Are these actual photos or clips from video?

This article says they are black and white and other data used to fill in color? Still no color photos in space that deep in space being so dark maybe no?

They will measure separate wavelengths of light as black and white (intensity). These separate images can be combined together to make a color image.
edit on 7-1-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Pretty cool. Looks and reminds me of marble's I once had as a kid, back when playing marbles was the thing to do. Only you know, a bit bigger in size, but the patterns are kind of the same, or as far as I can remember, that forth picture down especially, more so then the others.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
When the Ort Cloud cooled and formed SOL and the planets, why did all the gas become Jupiter. Is there a solid surface at all?

I think we sent a bomb w/sensors to Jupiter about 4 years ago didn't we? Did it register a solid surface before exploding?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Nice pictures.

Well as with any thread like this we have the usual claims coming up that NASA blurs and hides things from us really if they wanted to hide something all they need do is not show the picture in the first place.

Now as for comments re colours all digital images start of with black and white but what we mean is shades of gray. Yes even your phone or camera sensor can only see shade of gray. There is a filter on front of the sensor called a Bayer filter it looks like this.

The cpu of the camera runs the information seen by the sensor through an algorithm which gives us the colours.

NASA cameras tend to have a colour wheel that rotates different filters over the sensor so that a wide range of wavelengths are recorded.

There a few cameras that use a different technology called a foveon sensor which has three layers each one sensitive to either blue,red or green this has some advatages & disadvantages.

Then of coures we have have our creationist/flat Earth comment claiming space doesn't exist.
edit on 8-1-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Fantastic!!!! Stunning pics. My favourite planet.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
think of the solar system as a conveyor belt, planets start way out as frozen packets of all the building blocks needed, as it heats up, it settles like uranus and as it heats up further it starts to churn, mixing everything up in a chemical soup, saturn, jupiter, it mixes till its ready and a planet is formed within the clouds, they settle, then you have a planet like mars, everything that is needed is there in its right form, then just a little more heat ice will melt everything will come to life, then you get earth, heats up, we get venus, mercury.
or think of it like a human cell, we are just part of or hitching a ride on a part of protein that will slowly be fed to the nucleus lol
edit on 812018 by dan121212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Such a fascinating planet. I have always been obsessed with Jupiter (is my planet after all lol)

Awsome pictures, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: clfun12345

not for 1 split second did i think these were legit images

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So cool. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
When the Ort Cloud cooled and formed SOL and the planets, why did all the gas become Jupiter. Is there a solid surface at all?

I think we sent a bomb w/sensors to Jupiter about 4 years ago didn't we? Did it register a solid surface before exploding?

Not all the gas became Jupiter what about Saturn Uranus & Neptune,

No we didn't send a bomb some idiots on another site claimed that but you should see some of their other claims

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: clfun12345
1000% cgi. ya'll are loony af if you really believe in this "space exploration" bs.

NASA is an endless money funnel...hence why "space is endless...and why we will have "space alien threats" coming soon, which went can be continued forever.

While I don't think what you are stating here is true, it certainly is possibly true. We have allowed this power to influence the space program be wielded by too small of a group within DOD. The people making decisions seem to be withholding a ton of information and perhaps vital to our understanding, important data.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: salty_wagyu

Since then, dozens of people have processed the black-and-white files into gorgeous, calendar-ready color pictures.

So these are not the actual colours then?

They are actual colours, but have been enhanced for better clarity and saturation. Jupiter looks more bland in the unprocessed images.

I think what others would like to know is if we were there, how would Jupiter appear / 'look like' to our Visible Spectrum eyeballs?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

flat earthers probably think jupiter is flat too.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I hear it's all CGI and paintings.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direeffects
I hear it's all CGI and paintings.

I also hear a lot of people don't really know what they're talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: STEFANUSFendi
And I wonder what the world inside the cloud

I know right???

Even what the terrain looks like on the planet. But due to the extreme radiation from the planet I don't think we will really see that any time soon.

Some articles say that Jupiter doesn't have any rock core, but instead just has metallic hydrogen under high compression with a layer of liquid then gaseous hydrogen/helium at 1 bar, then everything else is guess. I guess there must be a small rocky core due to all the meteorites and stuff that hits the planet.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: clfun12345

Agree 100%. I'm a huge advocate for space exploration. It's the evolutionary next step for mankind. However, it has struck me as particularly odd that in my entire lifetime the only thing NASA has ever produced after the hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars are...pictures. And they aren't even "real" pictures. They are manipulated and colorized.

So either NASA is just a public image front for the real secret space program or we are all being duped over nothing. I choose the former and some of the latter.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Of course they are REAL pictures. The color is just enhanced. Yeah, I'm sure pictures are the only thing they've ever done at Nasa over the last 50 years...
edit on 1 9 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: carewemust

Not all the gas became Jupiter what about Saturn Uranus & Neptune,

No we didn't send a bomb some idiots on another site claimed that but you should see some of their other claims

Thanks for that info on Uranus and Neptune. Maybe the Jupiter probe can head out that way to take some pictures. Those two planets might have those same beautiful (but lethal) patterns of gasses.

I could swear that NASA sent a bomb, filled with sensors, crashing into Jupiter 4 years ago. It was the size of a refrigerator and monitored very closely.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join