It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I miss my Dad...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My Dad passed away unexpectedly at work on a Friday 2 hours before he was supposed to get off back in 2013... he was only 59...

He was a Maintenance Mechanic at Polk State College in Lakeland Florida and was electrocuted while working on lighting in the rafters.

My Dad

I have moments where I miss the hell out of him and just wish I could give the guy a hug.. a good long hard hug... sorry.. don't mean to sob story up the General Chit Chat forum but I am having a moment.. so please let this one go...

I miss you Doc...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

My heart goes out to you. My Dad has been gone almost 18 years now, and there are days that I wake up and feel like I just cannot function because I miss him so much.

I wish I could tell you it gets better with time, but I haven't figured that out yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
My Dad passed away unexpectedly at work on a Friday 2 hours before he was supposed to get off back in 2013... he was only 59...

He was a Maintenance Mechanic at Polk State College in Lakeland Florida and was electrocuted while working on lighting in the rafters.

My Dad

I have moments where I miss the hell out of him and just wish I could give the guy a hug.. a good long hard hug... sorry.. don't mean to sob story up the General Chit Chat forum but I am having a moment.. so please let this one go...

I miss you Doc...

Ummm...strange...I really do feel sorrow for your loss...

What's stranger still...is that I was just thinking of my Dad and how much I miss him...He was a Good...Good man...

There's no need to apologize...In some sense...ATS is a community...and a family...

At least for me anyways...

...Here's to your memories...at least we have those...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hear you, and understand completely. Lost my mother this past July, after a long battle with failing lungs.
I still pick up the phone to call her before I remember she's not there to call.
Hurts like hell.

Keep your chin up, wipe the tears away, and keep goin.
They wouldn't want us to quit.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry Uber.. My Dad is gone too (2006), I still have moments as well.
It's hard sometimes.
Doc sounds like a wonderful man. [hugs]

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Sorry to hear you are hurting.

It will only be a short time (in the scheme of things) before you will see him again.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Deep down I know that... I have to complete my mission first, come what may.. happy to still be on duty but a part of me does indeed look forward to the day when I get to see that 'beautiful' place.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss. It may not seem like it right now, but you are FAR from done seeing him, and many others. Once this iteration is over, you'll all meet back stage, for the millionth time.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's always worse around the holidays.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yah...

I miss my dad too. He passed away less than a year ago. We worked on so much together and spent so much time side-by-side that its damn hard without him.

Every time I get or build something cool, I still think of showing it off to him. Been that way since I could walk, like a kid who found a sparkly rock

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I miss my Dad too..

I know what your feelin bro.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Indeed... he taught me all my 'backyard mechanic' skills... when I'd hit a brick wall he always had the answer.. or the tool I needed, or was able to deliver the gumption to get the job done... But, I feel like in some sense he's there. There have been times I've been completely stumped.. and I'll hear.. no.. more like sense.. his voice/presence ..and he'll say "no dummy.. do it this way.. or use that tool". ...etc.

Nevertheless, yeah.. the lack of the physical presence sucks...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I get a similar feeling. I've never felt like he was gone, just not here.

A part of me has thought that's just a coping mechanism, but it just feels so certain and unquestionable. Like the sun rising and setting, or wind ruffling tree leaves.

I have experienced absolutely enormous amounts of death and loss, but some of them simply feel different in just that way. Sometimes it really does feel like they are gone, sometimes it just.. doesn't.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I wholeheartedly concur...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Love and strength to you and your family.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thinking positive thoughts your way!
My Dad died two Decembers ago. He was awesome. Infectious laugh that you could not join in on.
I'm a "Daddy" now (still a scary thought) so I am carrying on the tradition of being the best I can be.
It's funny, I still have dreams of my Dad carrying on, being silly, being a great guy.
Memories and dreams don't quit unless you want them to.
All the best to everyone who has lost a great person.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t

My Dad

I miss you Doc...

I hate those days. I'm thankful enough my dad's still here and I got to spend Christmas with him. But my mom passed away 13 years ago in may and I've been missing her a lot lately. My sister sent me some pictures she found of my parent's wedding, when they were younger than I am now, recently and I burst into tears. I don't cry a lot but that was pretty instantaneous

All the best to you. It gets easier but no matter how long it's been sometimes you just miss the # outta them

edit on 6/1/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My Dad was a humorous man too and I lost him in 2007. I lost my Mom two and a half years ago. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. You have your precious memories to hold on to Uber and I'm sure there are tons of them.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The write up about your dad was very thoughtful. Made me smile, especially how he would leave homemade cards for your mom!

I’m sorry you lost him so early. Thanks for sharing a part of him with us

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words.. I appreciate each and every one of you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join