It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying and Returning to this life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So, I would like to share my story with you. I would love to hear from any of you with similar experiences.

April 14, 2014...4:20 (no joke) in the afternoon.

I was a journeyman electrician with the IBEW working on a hospital addition. I was tying the last hot of a 277v circuit together. My lock and tag were on the breaker, ensuring it was not turned on. I had both my elbows on a sprinkler pipe, twisting the wires together. At this point, my body tenses up, i remember 3 things:

1. I could not let go, i knew something was wrong, but did not know what.

2. I smashed my face into the sprinkler pipe...i chipped all my front teeth, and at least 1 tooth went through my lip.

3. Everything went dark around me. I saw light in the distance, and I heard singing. I remember thinking how calm it was, and that I was going to be alright.

Next thing I know, I am 10' back from were I was working. My ladder was on the ground and I was leaning on a door jam in a sitting position.

When they got me 3 floors down to the ER, the Dr explained to me that my heart had stopped, but when I hit the door jam that hard, it jolted my heart back to beating.

The toughest part for me was not the pain, lacerations, cracked ribs or burns, but my 6 yo daughter would not look at me bc i was so f'd up...3 weeks before her birthday.

Sad thing is, the guy who took my lock off, denied it, and is now a foreman for the company.

edit on 6-1-2018 by theatreboy because: I can not spell

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Great story. I’m happy you came back for your daughter.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My Dad.. not so Lucky... was an Electrician for Polk State College.. he was 59.. was two hours before his weekend on a Friday.. however.. he did not come back. Glad you did!!

My Dad

That said.. whether it was my own way of coping.. or something else.. he didn't feel a thing.. I heard him.. and he said, "I was working, and the next thing I know.. I was here.. Oh son, it's so beautiful here.. you can't even imagine"...

I gained a lot of contentment from that whether it was my own psyche or him.. either way.. he's in a better place now. Make good use of the time you've been given my friend.. it is indeed precious.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sad thing is, the guy who took my lock off, denied it, and is now a foreman for the company.

That really sucks, a double blow.. Thanks for sharing your story. It wasn't your time yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

I'm glad you're ok now, and 277 is typically not forgiving. What a complete A-hole that guy is, because the only person that can take that tag off is the person who put it on. And now he's a foreman. smh

Something similar happened to a first punch apprentice when I was working recently, but the outcome was less severe, and the all the foreman had to say was "Oh Sorry". Foreman's fault because he didn't lock out the panel, while everyone was demoing a light fixture grid. smh

I left the electrical field for those reasons you are currently stating, although the money is good there were to many pitfalls and I need to be there to see my son grow up.

Be safe out there brother.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
sorry to derail, but Im curious about the lock..

I was taught (in Canada) that if its your lock, nobody is supposed to be able to remove it.

Either way.....sounds like youre lucky to be alive.....and foremans a douche

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I'm glad you made it, its a frightening thing. I passed out a few years ago from a trauma like event and heard the same singing you heard but I saw lots of people in robes that were blurred out. I don't have an explanation for it to this day.
edit on 6-1-2018 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My mother told me a story once.

Before I was born my mother had complications with contaminated blood. (That would eventually lead to all sorts of problems) At the time my older brother was only a few months old. She remembers being on the operating table then a bright light around her. she said she felt relaxed and kept moving into the light. Then a a voice told her that her young family needs her and it's not her time.

The doctors said she basically died on the operating table. But somehow she got through it.

She can't explain what she saw or felt but she never forgot it until the day she died.

The contaminated blood situation in the U.K affected thousands. In the 70's & 80's people were given comtaminated blood. The government admitted they knew it was contaminated, so did the doctors. It's a huge thing right now. many many deaths and families affected by this injustice.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Thank you. Trust me, he did not feel pain. Weird as it is, it almost feels good. I am sorry for your loss, and i know he is in a good place!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I actually have left the field to go back to radio...miss the money, not the a holes.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

True. Here in NY, it is attempted murder if you take someone else's lock off...hence why he denied it.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I know a guy who was also electrocuted. He was underneath a house, and says the last thing he remembers is plugging in one of those orange extension cords into the socket by the pull-chain light.

And sadly, that is all he remembers. He didn't know his mother, or his wife or kids. No childhood memories at all and didn't realize he had a dozen horses to tend to. It's been 10 years, and his memory never did come back. The other part of that is, it severely damaged his nerves. He's been in pain since he woke up from his coma, and the pain is all over. His mother told me some days he can't even stand to be in bed it hurts so much, so he tries to stand.

His family owns a very large and successful business here, and I see him when he's in his office. He wears a suit to work, still, but is addicted to pain medication. If he had an afterdeath experience, he didn't tell me, but then, I don't know him in a personal way.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Was there a class action suit? Shouldda been.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks for your story! I am now fascinated with near-death experiences. My brother-in-law recently died from brain cancer, and when it became clear that he wasn't going to make it, my sister said to me, "I'm afraid for him" which freaked me out, so I started researching NDE's and it gave me a lot of comfort!

Do you mind if I ask-and if you do I will not take offense if you tell me to bug off-did you have any religious beliefs before this happened? And have any of your beliefs or attitudes about anything changed since the experience? Also, do you know how long you were in the place with the distant lights and singing, in real time? Did it feel like you were there for the amount of time you really were there?

So glad you came back- and thank you for sharing with us!
edit on 6-1-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

To be honest, i was born and raised southern baptist. I walked away from that in the 90's. After my experience, i have returned to the fold, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A distant light and singing would probably be terrifying for me. As I would just assume I'm on my last brain coaxed trip suplemented by a release of '___' into oblivion. Now if it lasted more than a few minutes I might start to calm down.

I've had three instances where I almost died, but I have two memories of each event. One where I died, and another where I was hella lucky. I've always assumed my mind was making up a what could have happened scenario, but it's hard to shake the memory of flying through a windshield and bleeding out at the bottom of a gorge with many broken bones. side by side to a memory where the car veered the other way, rolled, and I recieved nothing more than a few large bruises.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: KansasGirl

To be honest, i was born and raised southern baptist. I walked away from that in the 90's. After my experience, i have returned to the fold, so to speak.

Thanks for answering!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Awesome share, can def relate.

It's weird looking down at your body and not being able to make it move anymore even though you feel the same and can still see.

Then being jolted back into your body to return to this so-called life and continue til 'the body' is no longer re-inhabitable

Isn't it weird how everyone says 'the body' even at the wake and funeral, not his/her body just THE BODY

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I like this thread and want more stories!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm waiting for a heart transplant. I had 3 open heart surgeries in 3 days. I died two or three times, clinically and medically but they got me back.... had zero experience....its just a lack of exsistance without knowing it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join