It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp recipients down 2million under Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

This just proved Drumpf has no clue how to manage an economy. Everybody knows that food stamps and unemployment insurance are the best things to grow an economy.

edit on 6-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

“We need people to go to work,” Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget, told reporters in May. “If you’re on food stamps and you’re able-bodied, we need you to go to work. If you’re on disability insurance and you’re not supposed to be—if you’re not truly disabled—we need you to go back to work.”

The Number of People on Food Stamps is Falling. Here’s Why

Very good idea... while industry4.0 kills billions of jobs the next ten, fifteen years, worldwide!
To fade out the reality will not help. And to make people look bad that dont have a job, simply because there never were enough jobs for all people that want and need to work, doesn´t help too.

Boteach, of the Center for American Progress, says cutting benefits does not help people find work. “Taking away someone’s food isn’t going to help them find a job any faster,” she says. “If you want to help people connect to jobs, then you should focus on creating jobs and policies that raise wages and address barriers that people are facing,” such as issues finding childcare or with criminal records.

But how will somebody create jobs if these jobs are killed by inexorably industry4.0, right now and even worse in nearest future?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
i was gonna click the link and read the article but i guess i will just settle for the picture

thanks above^^

edit on 6-1-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
So basically gigantic tax cuts for the mega rich, giving them millions more in their pockets, and a gigantic tax cut for the super poor, taking food out their mouths?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

This just proved Drumpf has no clue how to manage an economy. Everybody knows that food stamps and unemployment insurance are the best things to grow an economy.

While african american unemployment is at its lowest point in over 40 years. You aren't elible for food stamps when you have a job. You have damn idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
So basically gigantic tax cuts for the mega rich, giving them millions more in their pockets, and a gigantic tax cut for the super poor, taking food out their mouths?

It was tax cuts across the board. Do you thing everyone that runs their own company is mega rich? Many middle class people have theiir own business and the tax cut will most definitely the best thing in decades for their business. The whole "I hate rich people" argument is immature and ineffective.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

It’s not about hate. It’s about a fight for resources. People need social programs for when bad times happen. So, while deficits dont matter, let’s not cut any social programs and give the rich some more stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It wasnt just the rich. We all benefitted.

The only way your argument works is if you want to kneecap the wealthy.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What argument? I did not say to take anything from the rich. I just said we don’t need to take from social programs either.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: mkultra11

It’s not about hate. It’s about a fight for resources. People need social programs for when bad times happen. So, while deficits dont matter, let’s not cut any social programs and give the rich some more stuff.

Cutting social programs does not "give the rich more stuff." Theirs no correlation between wealthy people and social programs. However, people that abuse these programs do take a way from the people that need them.

People that need food stamps get them when they are eligible. Do you know the rampant abuse of government assistance that happens in America. Ever heard of the term "welfare queen." There's people that never work a day in their lives and live on the governments tab for their entire lives. Don't you think that should be addressed before whining about rich people? It's useless.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You gave a zero sum choice.

Cutting social programs does not equate to "giving the rich more stuff".

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
And ?

So JPM Morgan and Monsanto took a hit.

EBT fees and GMO food.

Boo hoo.

less people receiving food stamps is a GOOD THING.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

“House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) said Wednesday that congressional Republicans will aim next year to reduce spending on both federal health care and anti-poverty programs, citing the need to reduce America's deficit.”

www.washingtonpost.com...
The tax cut will add to deficit and so will wall. We have to borrow money to replace lost revenue anyway. But, deficits and debts don’t matter now, so why cut spending? Make everybody happy.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That has nothing to do with our discussion, mearly parroting the same post youve plastered on ATS for the last 10 days about deficits
edit on 1/6/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Well I’m amazed. I never thought republicans would abandon that principle of conservatism. Why still so angry. Tax cut, check. Obamacare mandate rescinded, check. Fracking and mining and banking deregulation, check. More war meddling and weapons for sale, check. More Clinton investigations, check. Probably get the wall with rep majority.
You should be happy at so much winning and spending.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 6-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Im no republican. Lol

Nor are republicans fiscally conservative as you well know.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

I’ve been asked that before. I’ve been married for 39 years and my kids are grown. My husband has been sick for years and now disabled. I never had to ask for food stamps. I could always find a job and was healthy. And up til 86, my wages kept up. Then I worked two jobs off and on to keep up. Then I got a nice inheritance at 66. But I have never forgotten the times I didn’t eat so my kids could.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i cant help but think legalization would cause fewer people to be on the dole too.

a dude at my job just got popped for a random and he failed. fired him.

so now instead of working and earning money and paying taxes he is gonna wind up at human services. now they will be breaking him off some snap benefits.
makes no sense

i was just reading on norml the poll numbers for people that are pro legalization. the republican base has the lowest numbers but still above 50%

i have heard a lot from that side about the economy and such and again, cant help but think that legalization would be a big help for the economy.

sorry to derail the thread but i think it is a valid point.
anytime the numbers of people that get # on the arm drops thats a good thing.

those numbers would drop more if people were not getting put out of work like that.

of course that is not everyone but you know it happens. even if it is just for a month or 2 while they clean out. thats a month or 2 of the state paying times how many people

it happens

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You are not supportive of the laws Passed or rescinded by republicans?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join