It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viginti Tres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well I seem to have found an interesting puzzle involving our very own ATS.

While cruising the recent space sounds thread, I listened to a "sound of Earth" video. It reminded me of the song "Viginti Tres" by Tool.

Viginti Tres is latin for 23.

The song was released on the album "10,000 Days" on April 28, 2006. This was my first Tool album and i became an avid listener.

Needless to say, this song, the 11th and final song of the album, is creepy as #. Check it out...but be warned, it is not a cheerful song.

Ok. Wow, right? Creepy.

From what I could tell (at least up until 30 or so minutes ago) the only lyric seemed to be a very deep enunciation of a single, three syllable word. Back when this album was new, people thought it was "Francisco" or "the system."

I did some searching and some suggested that the lyric is "acisco" which means in latin, ascension.

I went on youtube and chose the top result for the song Viginti Tres to do some recall.

While listening, i began reading comments. The third comment caught my eye, as it said:

one infinity
the horror begins in autumn
this is your trial, which tries your (power, might, ability; efficacy, potency)
Twenty three steps to total power.

What the...?

The comment was the 3rd from the top in the list of comments, and had 33 up votes.

Here is what got me really cookin. There is one reply to this comment and it says:

"Above Top $ecret. BL"

At this point my spidey senses are tingling.

So I did a little more digging. Apparently the listed lyrics for Viginti Tres are in latin:

una Infinitas
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia
viginti tres gradus ad summam potestatem

Why is this strange? I never once, nor can I still, hear any of these phrases in the song.

continued below:
edit on 6-1-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
continued:

With further research, I stumbled upon a thread on toolnavy which discusses these lyrics and their origin. This is where it ties back into ATS:

As far as I know, this text comes from something called "Black Labyrinth". If I understood it correctly, it is (or rather was) a kind of on-line riddle on www.abovetopsecret.com. BL itself was just a weird page with an image of spinning labyrinth and this text in pseudo-Latin (here it is: randomnous.iamthecheese.com...). People on ATS forum worked their asses off to find the solution of what the hell it was. They were as interested as some of Tool fans are in number "23" - just browse through the posts, you'll see. They also linked their game to Tool's "Viginti Tres" (like here: www.abovetopsecret.com...)....

As far as my knowledge is concerned, this game remains officialy unsolved. But here is one interesting theory about it: www.abovetopsecret.com... The last few lines caught my attention:

"People will continue to believe that BL is a game that has a solution, and people will continue to try to discover this solution. Just like religious mystics siphon through endless text trying to discover a ‘Biblical Code’ or the Palmist reads the lines on another’s hand in order to predict their lives."

I got this very strong impression that those ATS people did with their game exactly the same thing as we here are doing with "Viginti Tres"... So maybe, just maybe, "Viginti Tres" is also THAT kind of game? With no final solution at all? Set up only to make people think, search and propose theories? Something that exploits our natural tendency to understand, to make sense out of things we see and hear...? Just a thought (please, don't burn me).

Still, I cannot explain why the text from BL game somehow became lyrics for "Viginti Tres"... Government conspiracy? Just kiddin'...

I am going to look at the above mentioned threads now and add to this thread.

toolnavy.com...

Update: it appears the first thread comes from a first time member in 2006. The thread is about apophenia and him seeing 123 or variations of that sequence all the time.

Coincidental as my best friend has the same thing with 123.

This whole thing is interesting to me because of coincidence.

In 2006 when this album released I started to experience an ever increasing amount of coincidences.

Over the last decade I have experienced thousands, yes, thousands of impossible coincidences and high strangeness.

Seemingly relevant to this thread content is the fact that when I was 23 (viginti tres) and in October (autumn) my ex gf and I, while living in the forested area of a nearby town, encountered a horrific creature (abomination). We couldnt see it, we heard it. It spoke to us in an unknown language and had a terrifying inhuman voice.

Both of our cats were paralyzed in fear, one was even vomiting profusely...

The next day we left, never to return.

Apparently (and confirmed) our next door neighbor's house burned to the ground that next night...this was all in the midst of A LOT KF VERY BIZARRE # going on. Im not #ing around.

You know what else is weird?

The band Incubus has a song called "Warning."

The music video is set in the year when I was 23. The video also keeps flashing a time on clocks that happens to be the month and day we encountered this creature.

Probably just my imagination, though.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

You are really stretching your imagination there for any morsel. Yep, the "suspension of disbelief" is having to work over time here.

I have been recording music for twenty or so years and have my own studio. This is NOT music. It is stuff that anyone could make with "Garageband" and a free VST synth. It is a sound effect. I am a musician and can play many instruments. I put many years of hard work into study and practice. This little piece MOCKS CREATIVITY. That is why it disgusts me so.

A five year old could make this sound. This Tool is a total "tool", but whatever floats your boat???

It is possible for an artist to leave a canvas blank and everybody go wow at it and somebody pay a few grand for it because it is a "statement". I am not that easily duped and neither is my imagination.

I am sorry, but I am being honest, yet whatever floats your boat (and Pennywise's boat, too, lol).

edit on 6-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The purpose of the thread was to bring up the fact that ATS seems to have a history with this song and the Black Labyrinth riddle, or whatever it may mean/be.

I get that you think its all hogwash, perhaps it is. Wont stop some of us from giving it more than 2 minutes of thought.

Maybe, just maybe, it'll spark something interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Here is a link to a thread relevant to Black Labyrinth. Some interesting information there. The website no longer exists, too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

That is one creepy sounding "song". I couldn't get through it. I stopped it at 3:39/5:02 because honestly it sounds demonic and I don't want that in my house (or my head). Interesting thoughts in your OP.
edit on 6/1/2018 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Layer "Viginti Tres" and "Wings For Marie" over "10,000 Days", and it makes a whole new song.

There are examples on Youtube.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
That's a song?

Strangely enough - I worked with the Glasgow stage crew around 2005-8 and at one point tool had a gig in the SECC.

We used to unload all the wagons, set up the staging etc and then, if we wanted, we'd get to hang around and see the gigs for free.

The tool gig we stayed for about 10 minutes then left, somewhat confused as to what the hell we had witnessed and heard, we went back after the show to dismantle everything and re-load the wagons.

Tool was the only time we decided to leave and return later for the deconstruction...even bands we weren't into like scissor sisters we still hung around for the show because it was generally quite entertaining.

We were young guys who were all quite into music,mostly rock....as a guitarist myself I find it quite offensive that people actually value the output by bands like tool - musically they have zero creativity or talent and seem to base their entire image on angsty pseudo intellectualism and faux satanic bull#

I remember one fan, bald guy in a trenchcoat, beetlecrusher boots with 6 inch soles and had what appeared to be a tattoo of stiches across his neck...very odd. We all agreed that it was pretty much a creepfest and nobody wanted to witness any more.
edit on 6/1/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen
It's called The Gift or Wings for Marie
Here it is tuned at 432hz

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
...That's just Tool. If you know the history of the band and the music, you'll understand this track.

The drummer is a hyper spiritualist. A magician of rune magic, if you will.

The guitar player is an artist and not just a musical one. He's very involved, both him and his wife. He created all of the Tool videos himself.

The singer is a practical joker. Many of his interviews are total BS. He likes giving misinformation for kicks. You can see a lot of that on YouTube. You can also see his creativity and his style and his 'business etiquette' by looking into his other bands.

All 3 of these guys are genius!

But yes.. You have the first part right. Maynard is into a lot of different things spiritually as well. He doesn't necessarily follow them. He just reads a lot and uses the themes in his songs. He's VERY private about his personal beliefs. I imagine the drummer influences him with some of this. There is also a native american spiritual song.

Tool's lyrics can seem twisted to some but they really arn't. There is a whole depth of meaning behind each and every one and the music complements it in a way like no other band has ever done. No, I'm not a Tool fanatic but I do very much enjoy their music and I've been to the concerts. I hold them up there with Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin (even though I'm not a BIG fan of Zep, I do know their worth - Houses of the Holy and Kashmir were bad ass albums!!)

Everyone thought Tool were satanic when they started making it big. Hell. They're no more satanic than Led Zeppelin. Spiritual, perhaps... The drummer is definitely into symbols and mysticism.

When I first heard this track, I thought he was saying "Azazuuuuuuuuul" lol

If you like this one... you'll find a LOT of similarities with 46 and 2. Each album has one perfect major theme. To understand, you'll have to read all of the lyrics for each song and THEN still try to get more information because Tool loves to give it's fans a lot of mystery and puzzles. No less than the Beetles and Floyd. That's just one more thing that makes them great. They really involve the fans in their work in many ways... This is just one of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Seems to me the first level of that game looked like an old Caesar cipher decoder ring.
Could have been the inspiration for the song subject of this thread, but completely unrelated.

Here is another example of insane musical nonsense.

And just so I can remember why I F'ing posted this sparkling wine can only be called Champagne if the grapes come from a particular region in France.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

top topics

join