It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren rips Trump over immigration demands: 'Dreamers aren't bargaining chips'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) slammed President Trump on Friday over his newly released priorities for an immigration deal.

"Dreamers aren't bargaining chips," Warren tweeted. "They aren't pawns in President Trump's game. We made a promise. We said come out of the shadows & be fully woven into the fabric of America because that's who you are. In America, we work hard & dream big & we must keep our promise to Dreamers."
thehill.com...

Pay close attention to what Warren is implying. She apparently doesn't have a problem with people being "bargaining chips", but she has a problem with Dreamers being "bargaining chips." That is very significant.

People being "bargaining chips" is normal for governments all over the world. The plight of the Palestinians is a perfect example.

Warren is correct about this case being especially egregious. Dreamers made a life in America based on what they felt was a lifetime promise.

Kicking them out would be a hideous betrayal. Sad.
edit on 5-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

The promise made was unconstitutional to begin with, they were lambs to the slaughter and Barrack Hussein knew it the whole time, the law would catch up but he would already have the popularity points in his back pocket by then.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The hell they are not bargaining chips.

I'll trade you a half million dreamers.

For a nice 30' Border wall.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Then the Democrats better be prepared to work out a comprehensive deal. There's going to be a deal that involves Dreamers and other immigration reforms, including the Wall. The best option for Democrats is to help draft a good plan for America. Otherwise it will pass as a Republican plan that saves the Dreamers

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

That heifer's back again?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Aside from her being right, I'd like to point out that the vetting dreamers have to go through to get their DACA status is rigorous. CIA level background checks, biometric measurements. The H-1B Visa for techies, post docs, etc is nowhere near as thorough in its screening process. On that alone, dreamers should be first on the list of immigrants we want here. Plus, they are more fluent in English than other immigrants, having been raised here.

I'm for expanded immigration. But if it had to be limited, dreamers are the highest priority to keep here.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That heifer's back again?

I think she's on duty when nancy is passed out.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Trespassers are dreamers now.
Who knew?

I dream of fixing my own country, maybe the Mexicans will get that idea.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Warren doesn't mind using minorities or minority status to get what she wants. When she received a university job by claiming to be Native American, that showed the people exactly what she thinks about minorities. She is nothing but a hypocrite. She is trying to act like she is on the dreamer's side, when in reality she only has her own political future in mind.

As far as the dreamers, I think President Trump is using any leverage he can to get the wall built. Wrong or right, we are in this situation because previous administrations chose to kick the problem down the road. Now we have a President that is willing to fix it, and yet is met with nothing but contempt. If Pocahontas and those of her ilk do not support plans for the wall, then their hate for Trump is greater than their faux love for the Dreamers.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It’s amazing to me this pig even opens her mouth the ultimate democrat hypocrite, using minority’s for her personal and political gain.talk about white privileged

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
On one hand, I think this will rile up the Left and Warren found a good sound bite.

On the other hand, people are stupid. Of COURSE they're political bargaining chips.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Trump removed the EO and asked Congress to deal with this issue in a Constitutional way...by actually making a law and of course Congress failed. This is 100% the fault of the do nothing Congress. They can't even repeal Obamacare which should have been a no brainer.

We need to get rid of the RINO Republicans in the Senate if we are going to see anything done under Trump. Of course the one time we had a super majority in Congress WITH a President of the same party we got Obamacare so on second though maybe better they don't do anything instead of making things worse.

ETA: Trump also gave them a six month window which SHOULD have been enough. Congress is full of idiots...we literally could draft random citizens and get better production.

edit on 2018/1/6 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

No special treatment should be made for anyone,follow the rules,liberals don't work so they could care less about wasting money,shut down immigration till debt payed

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That crazy old bat at it again.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Tough situation. It is hard to kick people out.
Let us start by stati g if you came here illegally you BETTER plan on working, period!
No welfare for dreamers. No free housing for dreamers. No right to vote for dreamers.

Big penalties for transfering wealth back to Mexico.
Deportation for violent crimes.
Bill Mexico for their citizens who are housed in our prisons.
Did I mention No Voting Rights for dreamers?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Why isn't she questioning the failure of Democrats in 2009 - 2010 to pass these laws they now scream about ?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
On one hand, I think this will rile up the Left and Warren found a good sound bite.

Warren will rile up no-one.

Warren's base has until now been the progressives on the left and she made a political name for herself as a progressive, but I am sorry to inform you that Warren is now more despised by many, many progressives than she is despised by right wingers and Trump supporters. Warren betrayed her base and showed her true colors during the 2016 election when she cowardly refrained from endorsing Bernie Sanders - like her base OF COURSE wanted and expected her to do - and instead stuck her whole fauxgressive head up the ass of the corrupt corporate puppet candidate representing the 1%. This will not be forgotten - or forgiven.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is ironic coming from people who threatened to shut the government down over dreamers.

Warren is the 2nd most fake person I've ever heard of, on the heels of Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why isn't she questioning the failure of Democrats in 2009 - 2010 to pass these laws they now scream about ?

I love bringing this up too. Oh yeah, Dems have all the answers. People forget they controlled the Presidency, House and Senate, including a supermajority at one point with Independents that caucus with them. They literally could have passed anything they wanted. Why didn't they fix all this stuff then? They didn't fix "income inequality", they didn't fix the "gender wage gap", they didn't fix gun laws. NOTHING.

Hint: If they fixed any of these "issues", what would they run on next election? Their false narratives on these issues bring in the votes and money from gullible progressives, they have no interest in fixing any of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

... as she uses them as bargaining chips.

edit on 6-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join