It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brrrr! Why It's So Cold

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Good Lord! Did the police find the motorcycle driver? What an ASS!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

It's -7 where I am and the high for today is 15. I have to put a new thermostat in my truck and I don't have a garage, so I'll have to do it in the driveway.

Your sympathies and hot toddies will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks so now I don’t feel so bad. My heater fan went out in my car. But 22 here. I have a 3 foot snow drift in my driveway, so it’s not like I am going anywhere - for a long time.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L
I agree, it's cold, very cold, seriously COLD. They had to ask?

So, here's the theory, as I understand it today.

According to science, "heat" is a form of "energy."

But, science also says that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, just moved about.

So, Al Gore's "Global Warming" results in "Local Freezing", since the heat energy that is being spread globally must come from somewhere, and it sucks that heat energy out of local environments, giving us Ice Age effects.

It's something like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And another thing! I am tired of being shocked, literally SHOCKED, everytime I wash my hands in the bathroom sink.
What is up with that I do not know. But I know it must have to do with this freakin' deep freeze.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: c2oden

Good, I am sorry we go off on the wrong foot. I am sorry if I offended you in the past, and I really will try and be respectful too you....Political differences, don't mean we are bad people. Sometimes, we have to agree to disagree. I am sure we have more IN COMMON than not.

Spent the night in the ER, after a hit and run, by a motor bike, going about 45 mph while I was trying to flag them down for speeding up and down our street the past few days on the bike. The son of a gun, actually veered 10 feet to the side of the road I was on to INTENTIONALLY hit me.

11 stiches in my hand and tons of road rash. Very painful. I Will get this SOB as I am sure they live close, and last night the cops were taking forever, had to finally have my neighbor drive my partner and I to the ER, cause we just happened to have a couple of drinks, and I, nor my partner will EVER drink and drive. An ambulance was not needed, but man this person literally could have killed me. I think hard drugs are involved, because who would intentionally do such a thing. CRAZY!

Thank you for being the bigger person!! Peace, and Happy New Year.

Karma's a bitch.

I bet those wounds are stinging in all that lovely heat you're enjoying.

edit on 7-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here in Australia we have the opposite problem. Nearly 8pm here and we have had an absolute scorcher.

I am about 50 minutes from Sydney and it was 47.3 (117.2). Birds were falling out of trees, no one left their air conditioning all day.

No, its not climate change either, it just an Aussie summer. We didn't reach the Sydney record which is 47.8 set in 1934.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

I am about 50 minutes from Sydney and it was 47.3 (117.2). Birds were falling out of trees, no one left their air conditioning all day.

That's it.

Australia has stolen all our heat.

Please, be kind, give some of it back.

Sydney swelters on hottest day since 1939 as mercury hits 47.3C

I know conservatives don't believe in "re-distribution" of wealth, and promote the doctrine of "wealth concentration", but man, don't apply the same doctrine to energy. Let us all share the heat energy a bit more equally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join