It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brrrr! Why It's So Cold

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I actually have a sled!

But sometimes it is easier just to carry it, as it gets stuck in the snow. You have to get it packed down good.

Have you looked at the birdbath heaters?

A sled! That's the ticket! tres cool!
I haven 't looked at birdbath heaters, though I might have to, good tip, thanks, I didn't know there was such a thing.
This weather is an aberration for me. I am in the south, but at the moment it feels like Nova Scotia. There is a lake nearby, so I hope they can drink there. Surely it's not frozen too, I haven't been down there. (No sled either.)

Going to get between my cardboard sheets and read.

Stay warm. Maybe this will be gone soon. One hopes. Love to the chicks and ducks, by the way. (no down either, damn!)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Blender5L

Yeah, seriously the HOTTEST ON RECORD HERE IN SO CALI. LOL sorry, would NEVER live back east again lived there 36 years been through MANY bad winters with up to 70 bellow wind chills back in the early 80s, Yes 70 bellow wind chills. The moister in your nose would freeze INSTANTLY . Been here 10 years and going back to the Chicago area is always a shock in the winter.

I was driving on the freeway with my sunroof open and windows open today, with nothing but a tee shirt and jeans on, on my way home from work. thank you very much!

Right.
I've seen enough to not trust you.
edit on 2018-01-05T21:30:54-06:002201805America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

edit on 2018-01-05T21:44:23-06:002201805America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Charleston, South Carolina had over 5 inches of snow! It was absolutely amazing! My chickens and ducks were very confused and unhappy! Then came the ice. The Ashley River was frozen! We’ve had some bizarre weather the last 4 years. Wonky weather, but didn’t “they” say summers would be hotter, winters would be colder, and weather systems more severe?

Never in my wildest dreams would I think I’d see that much snow here!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yeah, seriously the HOTTEST ON RECORD HERE IN SO CALI. LOL sorry, would NEVER live back east again lived there 36 years been through MANY bad winters with up to 70 bellow wind chills back in the early 80s, Yes 70 bellow wind chills. The moister in your nose would freeze INSTANTLY . Been here 10 years and going back to the Chicago area is always a shock in the winter.

I was driving on the freeway with my sunroof open and windows open today, with nothing but a tee shirt and jeans on, on my way home from work. thank you very much!

Let's talk about this -70 degree windchill.

And the moister.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Ha, this coming from trumps man crush go figure. I am honest, white, make good money, work with the handicapped, and am well respected here.

Yes indeed, I am from Rockford Illinois, where I lived for 36 years, the PIT of the U.S. one of the worst cities in the U.S. too. Used to go to Wisconsin to the lakes, and crack a beer at 8A.M. in our summer home (at the time). By the way, I was upper middle class there. Meaning we lived very well. In case you did not know.

I literally don't care if you believe me or not. Lived there for 36 years. The first year I moved to L.A. it was 2008 VERY RAINY year. Then that summer we had a ton of fires. I could see at least 4 when I was at Magic Mountain on rollercoasters. I took video...Then in Aug, that same year we had a 5.6 that lasted almost an entire MINUTE....it went on and on...I thought at the time, it would never stop. Scared the hell out of me.

This past fall was non existent, it was hot! As well as this winter....Been to the ROSE BOWL parade many times....Have you not seen our weather....that takes place about 20 min from my house.....

Yes, indeed for 36 years, I dealt with A TON OF BAD WEATHER....including tornados.....-70 wind chills...you know what...why don't I take a SELFIE for you, to show me driving in 78 degree temps in my car with the windows down and sunroof open...I don't need to lie.

I guess, you jumped on me just a bit too soon...if you don't believe me, but you believe trump....You really are delusional...Good luck with that. Oh yeah, a question for you. How many black people are currently working for trump, now that whats her face is gone? Is it 0 or 1 or 2 now??? That's what I thought.

edit on 5-1-2018 by kurthall because: add

edit on 5-1-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I didn't need all that.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
But the fact is, you are partisan and have never seen -70 degree windchill.

edit on 2018-01-05T21:52:33-06:002201805America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If it wasn't for the frozen Iguana Pops...this weather would totally suck.

Frozen iguana pops, aw now everybody's going to want em!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ha, this coming from trumps man crush go figure. I am honest, white, make good money, work with the handicapped, and am well respected here.

Yes indeed, I am from Rockford Illinois, where I lived for 36 years, the PIT of the U.S. one of the worst cities in the U.S. too. Used to go to Wisconsin to the lakes, and crack a beer at 8A.M. in our summer home (at the time). By the way, I was upper middle class there. Meaning we lived very well. In case you did not know.

I literally don't care if you believe me or not. Lived there for 36 years. The first year I moved to L.A. it was 2008 VERY RAINY year. Then that summer we had a ton of fires. I could see at least 4 when I was at Magic Mountain on rollercoasters. I took video...Then in Aug, that same year we had a 5.6 that lasted almost an entire MINUTE....it went on and on...I thought at the time, it would never stop. Scared the hell out of me.

This past fall was non existent, it was hot! As well as this winter....Been to the ROSE BOWL parade many times....Have you not seen our weather....that takes place about 20 min from my house.....

Yes, indeed for 36 years, I dealt with A TON OF BAD WEATHER....including tornados.....-70 wind chills...you know what...why don't I take a SELFIE for you, to show me driving in 78 degree temps in my car with the windows down and sunroof open...I don't need to lie.

I guess, you jumped on me just a bit too soon...if you don't believe me, but you believe trump....You really are delusional...Good luck with that. Oh yeah, a question for you. How many black people are currently working for trump, now that whats her face is gone? Is it 0 or 1 or 2 now??? That's what I thought.

now we know?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: PlanetteLOL!
I saw a video this morning on the news, of a weather man saying "That is NOT even a real weather term"

Gotta hype the storm!

I know. I saw somewhere they were naming storms like hurricanes with first names. It was a storm over central Canada. I've never heard of doing that before.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We currently have 18" of snow on the ground... a week ago, we had over 3 feet. Our little corner of far northern Idaho has actually been warmer than most of the rest of the lower 48 over the past 2 days. We had a few weeks of bitter cold (single digits) and a lot of snow... nearly 4' total snowfall after our last storm. My car is buried under a giant, white cocoon.

My yard looks like a WWI battlefield, because we have had to dig trenches between our house and the driveway... and the chicken coop, and the livestock pens...

This evening we have had rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow. This is t-shirt weather for us. Weird. Most of this crap may melt over the next few days...

We have a pregnant goat about to download (next 24 hours, most likely); the warmer temperatures make things far easier. I already have 2 piglets in the house (long story) because of cold weather... spring cannot get here fast enough...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I've got a winter capt for you or as you guys up there say, toque.

It's mighty cold down here!
edit on 5-1-2018 by Blender5L because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2018 by Blender5L because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You act like -70 degrees WIND CHILL is unheard of. LOL...Also the fact is when you go outside, you moister in your nose FREEZES instantly....Oh I just looked it up the WIND CHILL temps up in ROCKFORD they were only -40 I am sooooo sorry....I am so sorry... I guess 40- is a heat wave to you !! My Point was, ITS NICE AND WARM HERE....Again.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Bottom of solar cycle.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

KNOCK OFF THE SNARKY COMMENTS.....NOW!

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Got told.
edit on 2018-01-05T22:20:57-06:002201805America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L
a reply to: pavil

I've got a winter capt for you or as you guys up there say, toque.

It's mighty cold down here!

Hey I'm from Detroit, eh?
Canada's South of me.

It's cold (-3F daytime) but it warms my heart knowing Virginia got a foot of snow and all we got was a dusting.

Must be the end of the world getting that much snow there, LOL.

Cool hat though...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would love some of that cold here. Already getting warm enough that the AC is kicking on

I feel for you guys though, that kind of cold is not something that is easy to deal with.
edit on 1/5/2018 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You act like -70 degrees WIND CHILL is unheard of. LOL...Also the fact is when you go outside, you moister in your nose FREEZES instantly....Oh I just looked it up the WIND CHILL temps up in ROCKFORD they were only -40 I am sooooo sorry....I am so sorry... I guess 40- is a heat wave to you !! My Point was, ITS NICE AND WARM HERE....Again.

I think we can make up.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
heh its a balmy 30c here with rain coming in .
sitting out on beach having a beer .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join