It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust Invention Companies that help you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If you have an idea is it stupid to trust those idea companies that make it easy for you to submit an idea?

They sent me a condifentiality agreement; I keep one copy they get the other.

The agreement says they cannot promise or guarantee any financial gain from the development of any new product of idea...

however the form is my security..

I'm confused.. no company has the idea out on the market from what i've seen, if I can't trust these guys then i'll have to get a patent attorney and pay an assload of money to get it patented...

anyone know anything about this stuff??

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I came up with an invention years ago and researched the cost of a patent attorney... couldn't afford it. I though that the invention was so ingenious that I just had to get it to market. I called one of those "Idea Submission" companies and went through all the BS of sending them my idea (along with all of the confidentiality forms). They sent me back a packet of info on how much it would cost ME to have them develop the idea, make a prototype and take the product to market. In short, they wanted me to pay for everything AND give them a royalty on sales for the life of the patent. So, just what in the heck do these guys do for you? NOTHING except for leach off your hard work and kind of direct the process for you.

To make matters worse, your submission is only covered by confidentiality for a limited amount of time (In many cases) so make sure that you read the fine print! Or you may discover your product one day being manufactured and marketed by someone else.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just spoke with the girl who's mom almost got ripped. They wanted to give her 3,000 for her idea (yep thats it) and then they could run with it and patent it themselves to use it as their own.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!! These guys are nothing short of a scam. Matter of fact, they are a scam. If you really think you have something unique, go to the Small Business Admin. There, you must present a very detailed and in depth plan to bring your product(s) to market. If you tell them that you really do not want to give specifics about they won't pressure you. I have in my city been down there and they put me in touch w/ the right people in that industry then you still have to be carefull about specifics. You may be interested in a Patent Atty. in your area. This might cost anywhere from several 100$ to several 1000$. It is good practice to go through the Atty. because they cover ALL the bases and in the long run, are worth every cent. Just be carefull and do not let someone in the " Idea and invention process" take it from you. If you do, you have just screwed the pooch and any hopes of recovering $$ from your idea is shot to lleh!

new topics

top topics

join