It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump asks for $33B for border, including $18B for wall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Personally I think Democrats would be stupid not to take this deal. A lot of them voted for a border wall/fence about 10 years ago, so we know most of them are actually for it when they're not pretending it's racist for votes from gullible people. $18B is a drop in the bucket in the US federal budget. And in exchange, they get a bunch of new Democrat voters. It's a great deal for them. And if it doesn't work, in a few years they can rail on him over the wasted money. Even if it does work, they can just pretend it didn't and 90% of the media will back them up on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: face23785

Then it’s not a wall for billions we are talking about?

It's a wall in some places, a fence in other, in some areas just sensors, depends on the terrain and a number of factors. You could actually, I dunno, read up on the subject? Obviously wherever you get your news from has kept you uninformed.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Feds seize over $7 Billion a year in drug busts and drug-dealer assets seizures.

The Feds send over $5 Billion a year to other countries, because they asked for it.

Just the $7 Billion seized each year will provide $70 Billion over the 10 year time-frame.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You should lose sleep over millions of American's being hooked on dope and railroaded thru the penal system every year because the border just has to be left wide open so that The Corruption can perpetuate its evil and keep us divided.

And why not care about the 10,000+ Mexican's that die tragically every year from cartel violence?

And our government / intelligence apparatus keeping all those little southern nations destabilized with the drug empire, which compels the regular folks there to try and find a better life here.

F NK. NK is a non-issue if we'd just stop trolling them. Godzilla isnt real unless we make it real.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The reason California has the highest unemployment rate in the US is because California has the most illegals. Wyoming has very few illegals and Wyoming has very low unemployment rate compared to California.

This is because illegals have higher unemployment rate than any other demographics.
edit on 5-1-2018 by subatomics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The Canadians have a wall? I missed it somewhere.
Any spy funded by a government must be desperate to make that crossing on foot. That’s silly. We need technology not walls.

If you've been paying attention, they're actually going to use technology. That would require actually being informed on the issue though. I know you're diametrically opposed to that.

Canada bars illegals from welfare. In the US illegals survive on welfare because they can't find jobs. Canada also has merit immigration system unless the US which has lottery immigration system. You can't compare the US to Canada. Canada has very few illegals. The US has a lot of illegals.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: subatomics

Any spy funded by a government must be desperate to make that crossing on foot. That’s silly. We need technology not walls.

If you've been paying attention, they're actually going to use technology. That would require actually being informed on the issue though. I know you're diametrically opposed to that.

Canada bars illegals from welfare. In the US illegals survive on welfare because they can't find jobs. Canada also has merit immigration system unless the US which has lottery immigration system. You can't compare the US to Canada. Canada has very few illegals. The US has a lot of illegals.

But if the US goes to a system more like Canada's, we'd be racist right?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

It wouldn't be racist because every country other than the US has merit immigration system. Only the US has lottery immigration system.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It wouldn't be racist because every country other than the US has merit immigration system. Only the US has lottery immigration system.

I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why compare two turds? Theyre both still turds.

But it is like comparing a dog turd to a jabberwocky turd...lol One might piss you off if it gets on your shoe, the other one would drown you.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

It's a wall in some places, a fence in other, in some areas just sensors, depends on the terrain and a number of factors. You could actually, I dunno, read up on the subject? Obviously wherever you get your news from has kept you uninformed.

Is there a blue print on it somewhere that you can link that makes you so knowledgeable on this wall?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: subatomics

We can afford to do it all. Welfare, walls. Deficits don’t matter now.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Is there a blue print on it somewhere that you can link that makes you so knowledgeable on this wall?

Even left wing media has acknowledged Trump knows it won't be a simple wall. When they talk like he's just proposed a 2000 mile wall, they're lying to you:

Washington Post

Trump has acknowledged that a seamless wall would not be possible, nor practical, given natural barriers in the landscape as well as international treaty and flood-zone requirements.

And all the way back in early 2016 he had already said it wouldn't be an unbroken wall along the entire border.

Trump has said his wall will not need to run the full 2,100-mile length of the border, but even excluding those portions blocked by geographic features, there are serious issues.

He's also mentioned it in numerous speeches, many of which are on YouTube. Anyone who's been following this issue should know this. But as usual, critics of Trump have no clue about the details of the issue they're whining about. It will take a combination of systems to secure the border. "The wall" is shorthand for this combination of systems, and this has been known for some time, unless you only get your information from left-wing outlets that have no interest in keeping you informed.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to pay Mexicans to stay in Mexico?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We can afford to do it all. Welfare, walls. Deficits don’t matter now.

Sounds like Obama as he wrote a TRILLION dollar check and just passed it around, too bad many of those companies never made it to the end of his presidency, but I bet the people who owned them are rich now...lol

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And the republicans gave them more. You’re winning and spending and deregulating. Be happy.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Border not being discussed for what it is really wide open for: Drugs.

"Immigration" just the Moral Emotional Wedge Issue they jab in our eyes to keep them of the 8balls.

Border must be fixed. That includes the the damn NAFTA trucks.

You missed the other part, the words that no liberal will say...

Human Trafficking!!

That is what this is all about.. HUMAN TRAFFICKING is apart of everything here in taking advantage of a highly vulnerable group of people. Whether it is running drugs, sex trade, cheap labor etc etc that is what the left needs to understand and why we need to control it.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And the republicans gave them more. You’re winning and spending and deregulating. Be happy.

You like jobs? Job openings in my neck of the woods is like wild fire lately.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I keep saying the obvious. When deficits don’t matter and we borrow to pay our debt instead of raising taxes, it’s good for American people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join