It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is So Bad at Deals That the Book He Tried to Kill Is Coming Out Early

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: subatomics

Popular vote don't determine president.

No it doesn't, and I acknowledged this in my initial post. Here, let me requote myself in response to the comment he was elected president.

That he is - He won the Electoral College.

What I linked to was the fact Donald Trump has lost popular vote by greater margin than any US President which is true.

You want to brag about him winning the 2016 elections, fine. We'll point out the fact he still lost by 3 million votes against Hillary Clinton. A fact Trump himself is not all to happy about, hence the whole baseless "5 million illegal votes claim he's pushed about.

Pay a little more attention to the posts before you respond.

Trump won 30 states.

That he did, much of which formed the lowest populations in comparison to other States. i.e Wyoming. Context is key here. He lost by 3 million votes. You know this.
edit on 6-1-2018 by Southern Guardian because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Problem is your not yelling the whole truth are you? A president winning the electorial college and losing the popular vote only happened five times. Now here's the problem the US population keeps increasing. So every time it happened it was by larger and larger numbers. The next time expect it to be even larger as population continue to increase. You can't compare Trump to say haze when the population of LA county was more then the entire country at the time.
edit on 1/6/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Take away California and he did win the popular vote. Check California for voter fraud and suddenly millions of counterfeit votes are lost for Clinton.

Yeah sorry but you can't do that lol.... Hell take away all the votes for Hillary and everybody in the country voted for him...

And "millions" of counterfeit votes? You have actual facts on that?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I usually try to stay away from the political books, as they are usually full of crap, but I'm going to buy a copy of this for myself and a few for others.

Why?

Because # Trump supporters, that's why.

Maybe you could buy a whole heap and start door knocking to spread the word - just like a religion.

And just like some back-door, charlatan religion; faith in things without solid proof is what unites the anti-Trumpers.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yeah, I don't know what to do about media becoming so polarized. For example I don't think breaking up monopolies would help that to be honest, it would still pay for them to write about this book. I'm also worried that all the propaganda warfare is going to weaken America, will the next president be able to do his job, even if he happens to be more diplomatic, or smarter, or more deep state, whatever you want to call it depending on your opinion of Trump; or will the country slowly tear itself apart?

But I also want this book to be freely available, even just for the simple reason that I want to understand what the hell has been happening in the white house for the past year. And then I can hardly deny that right to others, can I. We've been reading a lot of dirt on Trump in articles and such, some of it more credible, some of it less, but from what I've heard this book offers a more cohesive and in depth description of his presidency, or really just some aspects of it; obviously, since it's a whole book. But still just describing, not necessarily understanding or explaining. I just have trust in Wolff for now, and it looks like Trump had trust in him too, until he didn't. I can't guarantee anything is true in that book, any more than I can guarantee anything written on this forum is true. But it's a take from someone who had a lot of access to the white house apparently, a nice counterweight to everything Trump says about himself, or Kushner and Ivanka, or Bannon, up until very recently, so I want to read this too. Trump also gets a LOT of time in media.

Well, I'm sorry, I think I bypassed your point there. Just my thoughts in general, not all of it in reply to you necessarily. And honestly I don't use MSM that much so I might just not be feeling how much the book is being publicized. I'm sure you're right in criticizing them. But I don't think I believe that the news can ever be truly unbiased anyway.

NOT giving the book so much airtime would be biased too. Then the media would be actively protecting the president.

(Edits: Well, I guess passively, not actively. But still, if they trust what is said in the book then they'd be taking financial losses just to protect the president. And my point here is that they'd be acting against both of the main functions of news media in a liberal democracy; scrutinizing the rulers and making money.)
edit on 6-1-2018 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

That he did, much of which formed the lowest populations in comparison to other States. i.e Wyoming. Context is key here. He lost by 3 million votes. You know this.

So like LA....lol

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Billionaire. Check.

a reply to: tadaman

How do you know? Have you seen his tax returns?

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You forgot, his wife is probably hotter too.

Someone sounds a little jelly.

a reply to: Mandroid7

That she is. Money will get you that you know.

What, you think Melania is with him for his personality?

So Trump isn't a Billionaire, yet he's rich enough to attract a trophy wife?

Your posts don't conflict whatsoever.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

LOL I think Trump is winning against the author. All the author did was galvanize Trump supporters and made Trump look like the victim. It is the same failed tactic from the left, they keep doing the same thing over and over and it doesn't work.
edit on 6-1-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Man, if you are going to call yourself a racial slur at least get it right...it is Spic..you are as bad as Wolff.

Last time I check DJT was not a publisher so how is this a bad deal?

this thread sucks gorillas....

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Everyone's population should be represented the same. Why not?

He won. Beat the pants off of HRC and in 2020 you will see and even bigger beating. Who is the DNC going to put up? Who? Joe BIden?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

All the author did was galvanize Trump supporters

'Galvanize' you say? Rather let's admit the plain fact Trump supporters are head deep in cognitive dissonance when it comes to their support.

Trump railed against the book, attempted to get his lawyers to do something, which only released the book earlier and pushed it to the number #1 list. All there in the OP. If you wish to pretend otherwise, that's all you amigo.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

So Trump isn't a Billionaire, yet he's rich enough to attract a trophy wife?

Never said he wasn't rich. What's in question is his billionaire networth for which would be definitively proven through release of his Tax returns... that of which he refuses to release for some odd reason.

Millionaires also attract trophy wives. People earning 6 figures attract trophy wives. There's no doubt Trump has the ability to pamper Melania.

Not sure how you see a conflict.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Based on Trumps latest tweets it looks like he is afraid.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What the eff ?

One thread Trump sucks because he tried to stop a book from coming out.

This thread Trump sucks because he didn't stop a book from coming out. ?

The epitome of trying to have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
he seems wonderful at deals. the book is a bunch of smearing bs and is just making money of propagated retards.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join