It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is So Bad at Deals That the Book He Tried to Kill Is Coming Out Early

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I'll need to wait a bit before I get my copy. I'm a dirty working class spick who doesn't pay taxes, apparently, and wastes his money on Bo.

So...It's safe to say you do not like Trump... Are you an illegal alien?

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I usually try to stay away from the political books, as they are usually full of crap, but I'm going to buy a copy of this for myself and a few for others.

Why?

Because # Trump supporters, that's why.

Hook, line and sinker.

It's amazing to see.

link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , the President is So Bad at Deals that he is a Billionaire

Again, how do you know he's a billionaire? Have you seen his tax returns?!

Warren Buffett attacks Trump over his tax returns

I have it on authority that Warren Buffett does indeed earn what he claims a year.

What about Trump?

I hope Trump releases fraudulent tax returns that claim he anonymously donated $1 million to Planned Parenthood and another $1 million to BLM and you have to swallow it all as gospel because...well...IRS privacy laws.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Halo restored.

I'm still thinking about that beach-halo as well. The legs, man. The legs!

link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , the President is So Bad at Deals that he is a Billionaire

Again, how do you know he's a billionaire? Have you seen his tax returns?!

Warren Buffett attacks Trump over his tax returns

I have it on authority that Warren Buffett does indeed earn what he claims a year.

What about Trump?

I don't Give a Rats Ass about his Tax Returns , he's a Capitalist like Most of US in this Country , and How he " Made " his Money is not the Question here . His " Deals " Effect the Whole Country Now , and if America is Better Off under his astute Governing , that So Be It IMO..........

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Really? We're playing "I'm ribber, you're glue" now?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: pheonix358

And if he doesn't sue it the same as admitting that it is true.

Is this logic true for everyone who has had a scathing book written about them or just Trump?

Just for those making their lawyers issue cease and desist orders while tweeting the book is "full of lies, misrepresentations, and people that don't exist".

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

a reply to: pheonix358

And if he doesn't sue it the same as admitting that it is true.

Is this logic true for everyone who has had a scathing book written about them or just Trump?

Just for those making their lawyers issue cease and desist orders while tweeting the book is "full of lies, misrepresentations, and people that don't exist".

Ok, so if someone doesn't even deny the claims made in a scathing book, at all, can we assume they are true?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: introvert

Really? We're playing "I'm ribber, you're glue" now?

I think you mean rubber, but I'm not one to put words in people's mouths.

Anyway, considering that Trump supporters have become so arrogant and like to talk down to people that would question Trump in the slightest fashion, I see it as being well-deserved the crap you guys get in return.

In fact, I think you're getting off easy. If we really lit in to them, they might break a ribber or two.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I don't know why it's upsetting Trump so much. It's not that awful. It's just him. And people say nice things about him every once in a while.

Occam's Razor... if it's not obvious *why* Trump is "so upset," then it is very likely Trump isn't really upset at all. I'll let you in on a small secret, 4D chess isn't difficult. It's very similar to jujitsu in that you use your opponent's momentum against them and, when you're in a pinch, you lock in a hold that you're willing to keep locked on for as long as it takes before your opponent decides, themselves, that a stalemate isn't acceptable and makes a costly mistake. Trump's 4D chess is a philosophical twin to Jujitsu... he uses his enemies' momentum to throw them off balance, which opens up the opportunity for a take down, which he then follows up with a hold trap until the opponent makes another error, letting Trump get in more offense. From a fighting standpoint, masters of Jujitsu sometimes look bloodied and battered after they've won a fight, but the master almost always wins.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Also, by denying the claims made in the book, Trump has opened the door for Wolff to file his own defamation lawsuit.

If Wolff doesn't file one, does that mean Trump is telling the truth?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Me too my income is purely investment funded. Stock market and money markets.
That doesn't make him fit for the job.
Lawyers wrote that tax bill. He just signed it. There's a monkey that signs it's name.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If you don't like Trump you must be an illegal?
Very rational thought process.

I guess the 70+% of eligible voters who didn't vote for him or at all must/might be Illegal.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Did Wolff issue a cease and desist order to Trump?

A defamation suit would have to prove it cost Wolff some kind of injury on the contrary Wolff publicly thanked Trump for helping make this book a best seller.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Did Wolff issue a cease and desist order to Trump?

A defamation suit would have to prove it cost Wolff some kind of injury on the contrary Wolff publicly thanked Trump for helping make this book a best seller.

Ok, that's a fair point.

But my other question...if someone doesn't deny scathing claims published about them, at all...can we assume they are true?

By not denying them, they don't even put themselves at risk for a defamation suit which would make evidence discoverable. So not denying them would be tantamount to admitting they are true?

ETA: Also, in this case, I think since the author included a disclaimer that some (maybe even all) of the content may not be true, it would be very difficult to file a libel complaint.

ETA2: Also, that info came to light today...after Trump sent the cease and desist letter.
edit on 1/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I think you mean rubber, but I'm not one to put words in people's mouths.

Yes, yes I did. In my zeal to post something in reply to you, while I had visions of grand celebrations over your defeat, male ATSers posting accolades of idolitry towards me while female members swooned over my virile comebacks and suave put downs, sausage fingers clumsily hammering the keyboard while the sweat of anticipation briefly dripped from my brow and painfully caressed my eyeballs, blinding my vision of the letters flying from the keys to the screen at a robust 60 WPM, I hit the 'i' key instead of the 'u' key... So now I sit here, shamed and disgraced, my moment in the sun robbed from me. Stolen by you alongside my smile, as yet another opportunity for glory has eluded me.

But wait, there is still a tiny glint of pride left deep down. A small voice saying "You can do it! You can do it all night long, Burdman!" The voice goes on... "Rise up, wise up, and pick your damn eyes up, boy! Smaug the Dragon lacks armor plating over his left breast. Achilles infalability ends at his heel. Even the mighty Superman couldn't stand up to Kryptonite. Get back in the fight and swing for the fences. Win one for the Gipper, boy!" So again, I rise...

Really, We're playing Grammar Nazi now?

*and the crowd goes wild*

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Halo restored.

I'm still thinking about that beach-halo as well. The legs, man. The legs!

She’s a great deal more than legs...at least I hope so.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
because it is an easy thing to google forbes has him pegged at 3.1 billion and this kind of thing is their bread and butter

and thats after loosing 600 million (probably more then the entire assets of ATS members in their entirety combined unless we have a billionaire or two hiding out among us)

money.cnn.com... and even if you dont use forbes and use bloomberg as your criteria its at least 2.8 billion

Trump fared better in Forbes' ranking than he did on Bloomberg's worldwide billionaires list, which puts his net worth at $2.86 billion. That's not enough to make him on of the 500 richest people in the world.
2.8billion is nothing to sneeze at

www.forbes.com... he isnt the richest man in the world(not even close) but his cash and assets are nothing to sneeze at

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

But my other question...if someone doesn't deny scathing claims published about them, at all...can we assume they are true?

Good question. Didn't happen in this case so what is the point?

BTW. Disclaimers are normal. He would have to do the same if stories all came directly from Trump instead of his staff, friends, and family. He said he has dozens of hours of recorded interviews.

What was the point of the cease and desist order again?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join