It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is So Bad at Deals That the Book He Tried to Kill Is Coming Out Early

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Who's advising him? Who? He's just making it worse and worse for himself.

But of course, Trump can't make a deal to save his life. He's shown no ability to negotiate with anyone and has barely been able to work with his people in his own party. So when his lawyer sent a cease-and-desist letter to Henry Holt, demanding the book not be published, it of course backfired. Instead of withholding the book, the publisher announced that they're bumping up the release to this Friday, four days earlier than planned.

www.gq.com...

The book is being released earlier. Reports that pages of the book have already been made available online. It also doesn't help the fact the book has made it to number 1 on Amazon and other stores:

Michael Wolff's Trump book hits #1 on Amazon, publisher speeds up rollout plan

These things are selling out like hotcakes!
Michael Wolff’s Provocative Book About Trump Sold Out at One Store in 20 Minutes

I'll need to wait a bit before I get my copy. I'm a dirty working class spick who doesn't pay taxes, apparently, and wastes his money on Bo.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
throw your "nonflammable" suit and boots on while you're at it

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I think that you are falling into the trap that Trump set for the author and publisher.

Trump bad at deals? Open you eyes.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Billionaire. Check.

President. Check.

Celebrity. Check.

Real Estate mogul. Check.

Author. Check.

And the list just goes on.

Yeah, he is done learning how to make a deal. He is a success.

This is reaching hysterical levels of hysteria.

edit on 1 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Fellow ATS members do you smell it? The distinct scent of desperation? It's ripe in the air!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What does this trite information have to do with his deal making? Nothing. More hot air.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

He's already counterpunched with opening another investigation into Hillary AND as an extra bonus they want to bring criminal charges against wait for it...Christopher Steele.
Pathetic political move that will go nowhere.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Too much fun.

a reply to: tadaman

Billionaire. Check.

How do you know? Have you seen his tax returns?

President. Check.

That he is - He won the Electoral College.

Donald Trump has lost popular vote by greater margin than any US President

Celebrity. Check.

Yep. And there are many more celebrities in Hollywood.

Author. Check.

That's questionable in the least. Maybe a contributor.

'Art Of The Deal' Co-Author: Trump's Not Crazy Like A Fox, 'He's Just Crazy'

And the list just goes on.

Oh he has a long list alright.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Who's advising him? Who? He's just making it worse and worse for himself.

But of course, Trump can't make a deal to save his life. He's shown no ability to negotiate with anyone and has barely been able to work with his people in his own party. So when his lawyer sent a cease-and-desist letter to Henry Holt, demanding the book not be published, it of course backfired. Instead of withholding the book, the publisher announced that they're bumping up the release to this Friday, four days earlier than planned.

www.gq.com...

The book is being released earlier. Reports that pages of the book have already been made available online. It also doesn't help the fact the book has made it to number 1 on Amazon and other stores:

Michael Wolff's Trump book hits #1 on Amazon, publisher speeds up rollout plan

These things are selling out like hotcakes!
Michael Wolff’s Provocative Book About Trump Sold Out at One Store in 20 Minutes

I'll need to wait a bit before I get my copy. I'm a dirty working class spick who doesn't pay taxes, apparently, and wastes his money on Bo.
Lol. The butt hurt is strong with this one.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You forgot, his wife is probably hotter too.

Someone sounds a little jelly.

link   

You forgot his YUGE fan base.

The higher they climb the farther they fall...
edit on 152018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   

Thread reported. Misleading topic. There was no attempt at a "DEAL" to stop gossip book Fire and Fury's release.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You forgot his YUGE fan base.

The higher they climb the farther they fall...

I will see more money in my pocket thanks to Trump since I work.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
isn't GQ a mens fashion magazine?
if youre losing, you take whatever ammo you can get i guess.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He's already counterpunched with opening another investigation into Hillary AND as an extra bonus they want to bring criminal charges against wait for it...Christopher Steele.
Pathetic political move that will go nowhere.

Folks, this is what happens when you watch too much msnbc with the madcow.

The re-opening is in regards to huma, not hillary, however that's not to say she couldn't be brought up in the investigation.

By the way, you sure love that Steele dossier, what parts have been corroborated again? Oh that's right, none of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If the book is full of BS and nonissues, most of which have been revealed long ago and discussed adnauseum to boot, plus it has an introductory disclaimer from the author wherein he admits the veracity of claims made in the book are dubious at best, lies at worst, then Trump's actions to publicize the book were genius. Think of all the middle-of-the-road voters, presently either slightly pro-Trump, slightly anti-Trump, or completely indifferent to Trump will read the book and walk away from it saying "Holy hell, this added absolutely nothing of value beyond a continuation of the ridiculously vapid Trump Deraingement Syndrome sufferers in DC, Hollywood, and the elitist intelligencia crowd." throwing the book in the recycling bin while beginning to deeply question any further Trump hit pieces as being on equal footing with Wolfe's nonsense.

If I were Donald Trump, I'd want every American to read the hell out of this book and ask themselves "what's really going on here?" with each and every ridiculous castigation made within it's pages. It's the greatest free PR the POTUS could have asked for, frankly.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You forgot, his wife is probably hotter too.

That she is. Money will get you that you know.

What, you think Melania is with him for his personality?

Michael Wolff’s book on Donald Trump details the distance between him and wife, Melania

Honestly now bud, you can do better.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have read the first chapter of the book. It was free online. The things in it didn't surprise me it actually seems spot on with what we have seen and what has been made public. It is probably even worse than the book says. The administration is a trainwreck.
edit on 5-1-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's the title of the article ma'am.

You sound a little triggered there.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've been reading it for a couple of hours. It's a super easy read. And not as bad as you might think.
Wait. Yes it is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join