It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you won the Powerball or Mega Millions? Or both?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I’ve often been afraid of winning far less 😕... because I’m not sure of all the problems that would come with instant wealth.

I would help family and friends with debt, and setting them up in their own homes if they do not own one. The best part about winning the money would be the freedom to help others in practical ways, such as education or investing in education for the younger members.

After everyone was settled into their new digs, with some financial security, I would relax and take some interesting art or craftsmanship classes. Always wanted to create stained glass pieces.

It would be nice to set up a great home for young single expecting mothers who have little resource or experience with babies and small children. Having a group of young women helping each other to look after their children and learning to cook nutritionally and economically ,would be a joy to watch. Sometimes all they need is a solid base of support at the beginning , and they are ready to parent on their own.. or in some cases living with good friends and parents they met at the home.

Oh yeah... the first thing I would do is likely legally change my name. 😏

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Claim it anonymously (if possible) and disappear. I'd put enough money away that I could live comfortably. Buy a small house, small property...and slowly disappear.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Yeah, I can't even fathom those crazy jackpots that occur in US lotteries.

Though, Powerball in Australia jackpotted to 55 million this week and tbh, in my mind, I've already half spent it...

First thing I'm gonna do is head to the states, buy a really big and totally obnoxious pick up truck, then just zig zag though every state, til I've driven though every single one.

Thats seriously what I'd do if I woke up tomorrow and money was no longer an issue.

After that, IDK, I'd probably just do the boring old thing of investing the rest, live the easy life... well travelling to all those stererotypical Asian & European tourist destinations every once in a while.

Another dream of mine would be to take my big American obnoxious pickup to countries in Europe and take up 2 lanes driving down the road. Blasting Megadeth and polluting like crazy. That would be fun. My truck is a 1978 Dodge Powerwagon BTW with 35 inch tires and a 6 inch lift.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Claim it anonymously (if possible) and disappear. I'd put enough money away that I could live comfortably. Buy a small house, small property...and slowly disappear.

In Arizona you can claim anonymously. But most states will allow you around that if you claim the winnings to a company instead of a person.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know what I wouldn't be doing is getting up at 4:30 am for work every day that's what.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
ive got it all planned out and its funny cause my wife and i were talking about this just before i clicked in

nice spot up in laurel canyon
prob have a maserati ghibli for me and my wife wants a new beetle
it is legal there so yeah
we would spend our time traveling and checking out different restaurants.
the restaurant thing while still in town
while our daughter is in school for the day eat good food. shop for old and rare books
hunt down interesting instruments

things like that

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I know what I wouldn't be doing is getting up at 4:30 am for work every day that's what.

i heard that my friend. it is getting harder and harder to walk outside at 5am when it is below zero.
im over it

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
First: I would help friends and family. After I thanked the Lord for allowing such a thing to happen.

Secondary: I would donate to my local community center,they help many people but they are severely under funded,99% of charities I would be suspicious of where the money actually would be going. I know for sure they would spend it well,I am good friends with all the staff. (Including,the CEO and executive director)

Thirdly: I would ask my girlfriend where she might want to travel,going wherever she may wish us to go.

Fourthly: I would buy an island or castle(surprisingly affordable in France and South Africa).

edit on 5-1-2018 by VashTheStampede because: Extra Details

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For reals..... I would contact Elon Musk and set up a lunch with him. Buy in 49% shares and insist He take my Brother out of the simple Line work he has him doing and use his abilities commensurate with his ability, not a genius doing menial labor as my brother's IQ is around 135-40 ..... Both Elon and my Brother seem to be mirror images of a very different type of person.

Oh, and yea, scour ebay for rare PEZ dispensers.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Buy a sea worthy sailing ship and cruise the entire world. Never living in any country ever again

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Buy a 68 camaro and call Dave Kindig.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I would give money to anyone I could remember being a BAD person to. Nothing ridiculous, just something to take a year off with. I can't expect forgiveness but knowing I did something in reverse of my previous actions; would help me mitigate some of this bad Karma.

I'd look into ways to make education better in my county. Not going to be easy with all the govt proceedings.

Family will get dealt a nice hand but something well planned with smarter people than me. No one is getting money. I'll buy houses though, cars, tuition.

For me. I will try and stay humble. I'll get a nice house and car to start but nothing over a mill seems okay.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I would first make a very large poo in my trousers.

Then buy a senator or three.

Then buy an island. I would call it Death-Face Island. And I'd have laser beams.

Then buy a hat. And maybe pay off my Dish bill and student loans.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If I win I'd pay for Jims numerous and never ending STD treatments.

That man has banged every woman in the universe that came within sensor range of the ship.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would invest in artificial heart technology. For the chance that my wife would be with me longer.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

LOL. That ginger didn't deserve a burger in the face....

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZI'd buy Maui and kick most everyone else off the island...And just relax...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: testingtesting
I would get some diabolical scientists to get a chimp , remove the head then put my head on the chimp body and the chimp head on my body.
We would become monkey boy and chimp man the greatest crime fighting duo ever.

If I win I will donate 550 million to this cause.

I have to ask this...are you talking cash or monopoly money in this "cause"?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would buy a swimming pool and fill it with beer.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would lay low for a few months. Tell everyone I lost my job and I'm really down and out. See who still's with me after a few months. Hook them up.

I live humble now so not much would change. I work hard and could afford to buy things but choose to live like a minimalist. I would pay for peoples grocery's and give random people 100 bills. I remember being so broke that twenty bucks was alot for me so I know just paying someone grocery's or paying for kids clothes can mean alot to a family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join