It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you won the Powerball or Mega Millions? Or both?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So the Powerball and Mega are currently hovering above 1 Billion IF you win them both. Even with a lump sum payout, you would still clear 600 million+ after taxes.

Powerball+Mega over 1 Billion total

OK, so before I start let's get this out of the way. This is simply a WHAT IF scenario. And with winning one let alone two of these jackpots its a big WHAT IF. So before you go ranting about how you will never win put a sock in it and let us dream for our $4 dollar tax deduction.

Now that that is out of the way. I would buy a sailboat prob around 50 to 60 feet and sail the entire world. Then once that was done I would ride a motorcycle to all the countries and places I couldn't visit by yacht. I would only keep about 50 million total. The rest I would donate and set up funds for people.

Come on here dream big. Let me know what you would do.

edit on 5-1-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I wouldn't tell anyone. Especially my ex wife. She already gets enough Alimony and Child Support.

Please, there is a reason why I don't interact with certain members of my family. LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Buy a dozen NEW PEZ dispensers and a case of grape and rootbeer refills.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Go to the grocery store and shop like people on the first of the month.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
probably find myself in a shallow grave of off I94, with one of my "friends" suddenly becoming rich......

Ah, wait, nevermind...... I don't have any friends in Michigan.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would get some diabolical scientists to get a chimp , remove the head then put my head on the chimp body and the chimp head on my body.
We would become monkey boy and chimp man the greatest crime fighting duo ever.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If I hit both, I would show up for my last day of work in a helicopter.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I know what he'd do.

I think I'd move to europe and learn some new languages.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
First:

- hand out a whole bunch of it to family and friends we love dearly to get them out of debt and set them up for a more comfortable lifestyle.

Second:

- then we'd buy a huge chunk of land (100's of acres) somewhere way up north in the Yukon or Northwest Territories, build a nice log cabin with all the bells and whistles (self-sustaining), and disappear from the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
So the Powerball and Mega are currently hovering above 1 Billion IF you win them both. Even with a lump sum payout, you would still clear 600 million+ after taxes.

OK, so before I start let's get this out of the way. This is simply a WHAT IF scenario. And with winning one let alone two of these jackpots its a big WHAT IF. So before you go ranting about how you will never win put a sock in it and let us dream for our $4 dollar tax deduction.

Now that that is out of the way. I would buy a sailboat prob around 50 to 60 feet and sail the entire world. Then once that was done I would ride a motorcycle to all the countries and places I couldn't visit by yacht. I would only keep about 50 million total. The rest I would donate and set up funds for people.

I'd do a lot of traveling. Dream is to get a nice Airstream RV and basically roam the US with my motorcycle as well. However, with two small children, it'd would be hard to do even with several hundred million in the bank right now.

Realistically, I'd take a nice vacation right off the bat for a couple of weeks. I'd spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to "disappear". When you get that kind of money, you start having other issues to worry about like security, kidnappings, etc. I'd also ensure all my finances are in order. Most people with that kind of wealth usually have a "family office" which is investment professionals to manage the assets kind of like a small asset management fund.

The reality is that at this point in my life, I have most of what I need, so I'd probably take about 5-10 million to play around with and have the rest put into a trust of some sort and just have the interest / dividends earned reinvested.

Only major splurges I'd make is a new house (cost about $1 million) and a second & third home. I'd get a place on Martha's Vineyard for the summers (maybe $3-4 million). We'd probably get a place in New York too since we visit a lot ($3 million).

I'd probably splurge on a few new motorcycles and a couple of dream cars (Icon Bronco). Pick up a few new watches.

I'd probably give $10 million to my undergrad alma mater for scholarships.

I'm still relatively young, so I'd probably do something silly like open a coffee shop or hobby shop. Just something to pass the time and keep me occupied. I couldn't careless if it makes money or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I would get some diabolical scientists to get a chimp , remove the head then put my head on the chimp body and the chimp head on my body.
We would become monkey boy and chimp man the greatest crime fighting duo ever.

If I win I will donate 550 million to this cause.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Ummm...I would rent a stadium or a huge complex for a long weekend and have an ATS CON...I would invite every ATSer and subsidize tickets etc...

Food...music performed live by ATSers...games...panels on every conspiracy theory under the sun...
Now...that would be something...

I'd get to meet all of you...

Think of the panels and celebrities...A Julian Assange panel...A David Icke panel...Ufology galore...

All partisanship left strictly at home BTW...

Oh...did I say booze...?

Thats what I would do...

YouSir
edit on 5-1-2018 by YouSir because: no edit necessary...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
QUIT MY JOB!!!!!!

~Morpheus

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The excitement of winning would be so overwhelming, it probably would cause me to have a heart attack and die.

...My family would be set for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Totally disappear, no one would have a clue where i went or why. By this i mean anyone who was not my wife or kid they can come

I cannot see any good coming from friends knowing that you became a instant ATM machine. I actually think in a weird way winning this amount of cash could be total hell unless you are very strong minded. I would think if you expected friends and the leeches that make up distance family to remain the same then you are in for a rude awakening.

I would spend my days wondering the world having invested into dead sert property rentals and live off a couple of thousand each month. The world is filled with lottery winners that blew the f#cking lot within a few years..

Just like sports stars that go broke, if you are in a situation to have this cash and you do not set yourself for life you should be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I would probably buy a few islands and go from there.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Greedy, self serving me would give most of it away, after I purchased myself a dropped top 51 Merc....

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

600 million? First, I'd buy about 100 million dollars worth of downtown real estate and convert them into low-income affordable housing to counter the gentrification in the area. Then I'd run for mayor. I'd be queen of the crusty Portland denizens.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
QUIT MY JOB!!!!!!

~Morpheus

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I can't even fathom those crazy jackpots that occur in US lotteries.

Though, Powerball in Australia jackpotted to 55 million this week and tbh, in my mind, I've already half spent it...

First thing I'm gonna do is head to the states, buy a really big and totally obnoxious pick up truck, then just zig zag though every state, til I've driven though every single one.

Thats seriously what I'd do if I woke up tomorrow and money was no longer an issue.

After that, IDK, I'd probably just do the boring old thing of investing the rest, live the easy life... well travelling to all those stererotypical Asian & European tourist destinations every once in a while.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join