It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Our Time Has Begun, Turkey is Now a Threat to US and EU National Security

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Freaking knew it. DONT TRUST TURKEY. It really is that simple.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

So again your evidence is traditional Muslims love erdogan.

Get back to me when you can prove he isn't jailing people who oppose him, he isn't about to tank the economy with smoke and mirrors...

Wonder why employment hasn't improved with all the short term foreign loans and big construction projects...

But sure use Muslims love him.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Azureblue
Our national interests do not align, that makes them a threat. Just regular empire stuff. As a citizen who enjoys the benefits of living in my empire, I have to support it. Just like our Turkish friend has to support his.

Its a clash of civilizations you know. Would you rather be on the losing side?

Our national interests do not align, that makes them a threat, How and Why?

Our national interests do not align, that makes them a threat - so any country whose interests do not align with Washington is therefore a threat to the US?

Hang on; I thought the US was a peace loving country and only wanted to mind their own busienss and leave other countires alone to do the same. Quite clearly I am wrong.

Seems you are telling me the US is a predatory country is that right?

Tell me, do think the US has the right to take over all the other countries in the world andown everyone else as Paul Wolfowitz said????

"Paul Wolfowitz, the neoconservative who was Deputy Secretary of Defense under the Bush regime, declared:

“Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere, that poses a threat on the order of that posed formerly by the Soviet Union. This is a dominant consideration underlying the new regional defense strategy and requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostile power from dominating a region whose resources would, under consolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power.” - Paul Craig Roberts.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Get back to me when you can prove he isn't jailing people who oppose him, he isn't about to tank the economy with smoke and mirrors...

Wonder why employment hasn't improved with all the short term foreign loans and big construction projects...

you don't matter .

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
yes, not only our right, but our duty.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh Im sorry, I guess Turkey does not have tanks inside their neighbors yard?? I must have been mistaken, those are different Turkish forces in Idlib.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

you don't matter .

Neither do you

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ha ha ha

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Oh Im sorry, I guess Turkey does not have tanks inside their neighbors yard?? I must have been mistaken, those are different Turkish forces in Idlib.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

you don't matter .

Neither do you

Erdogan does .

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
We really need to stop all negative posts on Middle East.Turkey is turning back to a puppet state/Islamic nation.The main problem in the Middle East is Israel’s genocide towards the Palestinians.US and Israel and EU collectively have cherry picked nations for money making.Security agencies go into these countries and help create division to bring them down.I have no doubt Turkey will suffer this again in the near future. ... We have to realise this subversion will be used against in the future,and likely has the Russians and presidential candidates scandal.What we need to realise is that the world.Which is looked at as nations good and bad.Its the elites of governments against the the people.Your been hoodwinked channelled to believe in a lie.A lie that has worked for decades.But which people are working out.So I hate the dictator of Turkey but it’s people no problem. .. Once you realise you can’t trust 99% or government world wide.And your voting same again different people.And that you need to be good to your fellow man(woman).Then you will go a long way to changing your whole mindset.Very few leaders have tried to change that.Obama and JF.Kennedy Winston Churchill he killed miners in Wales for striking. ....And Turkey could easily prove a threat with a massive army at their disposal.But my thought is that it will probably go into semi isolation.And no threat will be found beyond its borders.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Gavlar993 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2018 by Gavlar993 because: Extra info

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yeah how are those short term foreign loans going to pan out for Turkey?

Wonder why unemployment hasn't changed much with this boom?

Oh well. Stick to your because I said so argument. Once they can't hide the interest any longer should be fun.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It is now clear that Erdogan has publicly and openly sided with the Iranian threat, and the threat to all of the world.

With that line I believe this thread should be in the joke forum

No, he's actually not far from the truth. The real joke is that westerners like you are clueless to the reality.

The reality is this.
Turkey is a hostile nation. It is an enemy of western civilization. I'll explain. And you wont like it.

First, the Iran thing. Turkey has indeed sided with Iran. It is not a new revelation, the OP just probably doesn't know all the facts. But his conclusion is pretty much spot on. Turkey had been helping Iran side step sanctions for years.

Now the more important stuff.
Turkey, the successor state to the Ottoman Empire, an Islamic empire, has never been a friend or ally of the western world. On the contrary, it sought to subjugate Europe, and succeeded in doing so for several hundred years to South Eastern Europe.
At the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, a man called Kemal Ataturk came to power.
With the collapse of the empire, a chance was had to forge a new country. That was called Turkey.
A fake secular state was setup.

Turkey was used by the West because of it's geographic location. It was a partnership of convenience and nothing more.

Does anyone remember that map of a redrawn middle east? Where a whole new bunch of states were present? Where a large part of Turkey was lost to a Kurdistan?
Is anyone aware that recently Turkey walked out of NATO exercises in northern Europe, because the enemy in the exercises was listed as Erdogan and Ataturk..?
My guess is most people aren't aware of that, just as they aren't aware that Turkey sided with Iran long ago when it decided to help Iran circumvent the sanctions.

How many know that when the USA was going to invade Iraq in 2003, they were going to open up a northern front through Turkey? How many are aware that with US troops in place, or on their way to staging positions, the Turks decided to demand many billions of US dollars in exchange for approving an invasion from their territory..? The US wasn't amused and wasn't going to accept the blackmail, so shifted forces south to Saudi Arabia. How different would the outcome of the war been? How quickly would it have been over if they invaded from the north as well? How many US servicemens lives would NOT have been lost?...etc etc.

Turkey blackmails Europe with the illegal immigrant crisis. Billions of Euros have been given to Turkey by the EU in exchange for accepting the resettlement of illegals from across Europe that entered the EU through Turkey. Turkey has not honored this agreement.

The "divorce" between NATO and Turkey will be messy.
What the Turks and their middle eastern islamic fundamentalist friends from Libya to Bangladesh and Indonesia will do is build a nuclear arsenal.
Pakistan already has the bomb, and a means of delivery. Why do you think the Turks have turned to Russia for nuclear power stations?
If the Turks were really a western oriented nation or our allies and friends, they would have chosen a western supplier, perhaps out of Canada, for their nuclear power desires.
Iran and Turkey will continue to try to acquire nuclear weapons.
Let me remind you, or inform you if you weren't aware, but Turkey had a hand in Pakistan's nuclear weapon development.

Do you know why Trump is really picking on Pakistan? Because finally there is a president in power after decades who takes the threat to our civilization seriously, and will empower his generals and military to act instead of tying their hands like Obama. There are some in the USA who understand that there's a real possibility Pakistani nukes could be passed on to more rogue elements, or shared as an interim with other islamic states.

And there's already a flow of refugees from Turkey, who are TURKISH to Europe.
Thousands have already entered Greece, all of them illegally, all are fleeing Erdogan, with a couple thousand asylum applications already last year.
Turkish soldiers, diplomats and academics deployed across Europe have also applied for asylum in those respective countries.
Those Turks should be treated as enemy civilians. They should not be treated with hospitality and welcomed with open arms.
Because the moment they have an opportunity, like all fanatical muslims, they will turn on their host countries.

There's already senators and congressmen in America openly questioning Turkeys allegiance etc.
Those calls will grow louder.

Up until now Turkey has had the support of the jewish zionist lobby in the USA which has kept them in a 'good light'. No more.

The coupe in Turkey was not staged by the CIA or the USA or anyone else outside of Turkey.
It was a fake coup by Erdogan and his loyalists, to create a pretext for the mass purge of those who aren't loyal to his regime. And it worked.
If you weren't aware Erdogan has replaced most people in top tier positions across the board with islamists loyal to him.

Now, Turkey was a fake secular state to begin with. The transition from "secular" to islamist was swift and painless.
What hasn't changed, and in fact has gotten worse, is Turkey's belligerent behavior towards it's neighbors.
The fake secular state of Turkey was kept under control by the west, with a fake secularism. That is gone now, replaced with the Turks natural order, islam.
I'll give you an example. During the "secular kemalist" days prior to Erdogan, turkey was hostile to Greece, and invaded Cyprus on the orders of Henry Kissinger, after they worked with the British and Turkish deep state(What's the difference? they all work together and worship the same devils), to create tensions on the island. Turkish militants, or terrorists, or agents, call them what you will, carried out attacks/massacres/murders within the Turkish Cypriot communities, and it was blamed on the Greek side. Because the Greek two-thirds majority of the island wanted a union with Greece..you know, Cypriots being a Greek people and all. The deep state saw this as a threat to their plans and interests, because Greece was less then a willing participant at the best of times, and at worst was on the sidelines. The island was home to two british bases. Both in the south. So with the pretext created, and inter-communal violence having been sparked, the green light was given for Turkey to invade. That occupation of 1/3 of the island remains, and Turkey has broken the Geneva convention so many times that used toilet paper has more value.
Since the fall of the fake secular kemalist state, the belligerence has increased.
Turkey now claims 16 islands in the Aegean belong to Turkey and are being occupied by Greece.
Turkey claims the Turkish minority, who make up a fraction of the muslim population in Greek Thrace, but Turkey claims all the muslims there are Turkish(they aren't, and many resent it), is being mistreated and their rights denied. Turkey wants to be allowed to appoint the local mufti. In fact, Turkey does appoint a mufti for the muslims there. Except the Greek state doesn't recognize the Turkish appointment. It is meddling in a fellow NATO member's sovereign affairs, threatening war against a NATO and EU member, claiming territory. And so much more that wont fit in this post.

War is coming with Turkey.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The reopenning of churches, the granting of special permission on a yearly basis for the Greek Orthodox to conduct their theofania ceremonies in early January(blessing of the waters), are just token gestures and nothing more.

They are token gestures because there are almost no christians left in Turkey. The Greek Orthodox community is barely 2,000 strong. That's all that remains, if that today.

Turkey broken the treaties long ago, in the 1950's when it organized the forced eviction, the driving out of the Greek minority of Istanbul, the presence of which was guaranteed by the treaties. It used organized mob violence as a cover.

Greece on the other hand remained true to it's signature and allowed the Turkish minority in Thrace to remain.
What Greece should have done is throw every last Turk over the Evros river into Turkey, and the Cypriots should have done the same thing on their island.

That would then be one less headache that Turkey could cause today.

Turkey is no better then what the USSR was under Stalin or Communist China.
The only difference is Turkey is in a strategic position on the map so the West through the zionist lobby groups in America have propped Turkey up and it's had a special protected status for it's crimes, which have largely been covered up, ignored and swept under the carpet.

Christ, entire Kurdish villages and towns were wiped off the face of the earth a few decades ago. The death toll from the war against the Kurds is much much higher then "officially" claimed.

But that will all, hopefully very soon, change, and the monster that is Turkey will be held accountable.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gavlar993
We really need to stop all negative posts on Middle East.Turkey is turning back to a puppet state/Islamic nation.The main problem in the Middle East is Israel’s genocide towards the Palestinians.

Lol.

LIke Erdogan and his power grabs are the result of negative media about the Middle East? Truly rich.

Turkey is its own worst problem. Look how many people have been arrested since the so called "coup". But that's probably Israel's fault too, right?

Some Genocide, it's taken 60 years and the population grew.........

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah how are those short term foreign loans going to pan out for Turkey?

Wonder why unemployment hasn't changed much with this boom?

Oh well. Stick to your because I said so argument. Once they can't hide the interest any longer should be fun.

The boom is fake. That's why unemployment hasn't changed lol.

Turkey profits greatly from the people and drug trafficking industry. It's how it maintains such high military spending.
Turkey is also running a massive budget deficit.
It's real debt is much higher then they officially state.

The Turkish economy will go pop eventually.

There's a reason why Israel, Greece, Egypt and Cyprus have been building a little coalition steadily in the Eastern Mediterranean.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

There's a reason why Israel, Greece, Egypt and Cyprus have been building a little coalition steadily in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Israel , Greece , Egypt and Cyprus ?

Good one !!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join