It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micheal Wolff, author of new Trump book, says it is mostly untrue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wolff states:
, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others. But some were nonetheless included

gotta fatten up that book somehow....hahahahahaha....

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, if we see the splash page of ATS we see real news and fake news in real time. Check this out...

Here we see 3 thread trying to discredit Trump and in most of them people are using information from a book that is author is saying is really part fiction. The other 2 threads are real news. Investigations into real issue and there will be a real outcome unlike the Mueller tail chase.

Link

In his words...

The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in the book that he wasn't certain all of its content was true. Michael Wolff, the author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," included a note at the start that casts significant doubt on the reliability of the specifics contained in the rest of its pages.

this is even better....he is saying again it is up to the reader???

Here is the relevant part of the note, from the 10th page of the book's prologue: "Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are baldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book. "Sometimes I have let the players offer their versions, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I believe to be true."

and even better...was he trolled by the staff?

Several of his sources, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others. But some were nonetheless included in the vivid account of the West Wing's workings, in a process Wolff describes as "allowing the reader to judge" whether the sources' claims are true.

Bottom line is that ALL of the threads that were created using 'info' to prove Trump turmoil should really be in a Hoax bin since the author himself is saying that there is little truth to any of it.

He also NEVER talked to Trump. Not once. He was never in the oval office. He never had any real official access.

Also, since most of you think Blair is the devil, how about the longtime editor of Vogue and her comment....

Anna Wintour, the longtime Vogue editor, also dismissed the claim that she lobbied Trump to be his ambassador to the UK as "laughably preposterous."

and from Trump himself...

I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!

We also have a new name for Bannon...Sloppy Steve!

I don't need the book to be true. There is enough that IS true, Trump and his lies are all out there for the world to see. With or without This book.

This book doesn't change all of his stupid tweets that accused the "Obama administration of wire tapping him." He said he had proof.

It also didn't change obstruction, or all of the lies he told and still does about RUSSIA.

It doesn't change the fact Muller is not going away.....

I bet you believe Trump never met Putin before he was POTUS. Funny Trump bragged about meeting him, and said they got along great...That was less than 8 years ago on Letterman for God sake!

edit on 5-1-2018 by kurthall because: Add

+4 more 
link   
This really pi$$es me off.

Thank you op, good thread.
Bump

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Geesh CNN is terrible. Thats not journalism, thats pure propaganda.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You realize that is not the author right? That is the Publisher?

Well your link is talking about the author...

+12 more 
link   
Here is link to a video....

www.newsbusters.org...

“Do you have recordings of some of these interviews and some of these conversations?...Would you release any of those recordings, since your credibility is being questioned?”

Wolff sneered: “My credibility is being questioned by a man who has less credibility than perhaps anyone who has ever walked on Earth at this point.”

This guy is laughable...it is really sad that this is what people are hanging on to...

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

To me reading the article and the OP it’s sounds like a attempt to twist things to try to discredit this book.

It's been a two day job for the OP so far.

Come on, at least give them a chance. You ever notice how angry the right wingers here become when the top spot isn't occupied by whatever recent Qanon, Hillary, DNC, fake stories they eat up with a spoon?

Yeah its not like the Hillary brigade tries to derail every HRC thread that has actual and official sources all the time. Hypocrite.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The Trump Team trolling Wolf with a LARP? They'd NEVER do that!

I'm sure they didn't even know his track record......wink.

+8 more 
link   

Your post silly. Your link stating he is defending himself is NOT him. I know what the thread is about.

link   
a reply to: kurthall

The guys a rat, admit it, free your mind.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Geesh CNN is terrible. Thats not journalism, thats pure propaganda.

No that’s wolffs own words which 100%contradict the claim being made by the OP

Sure you can chose to believe that it’s made up, that’s fine, it’s a matter of personal opinion.

However it is factually incorrect of the OP to claim that the automaker has said the content of the book is mostly untrue as the OP has claimed

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Wolff - So he wears pajamas to bed?
Jared - Yes, with swastikas on it

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You are the last person that should be accusing anyone of grasping at straws.

Clearly the author put the disclaimer in the book knowing damn well there could be false statements. There are probably some true ones as well, but why discern it for the readers when you can just jumble them all together and let the readers decide on their own?

This book is the pinnacle of confirmation bias. I mean just look at the front page and see how many threads there are (including your newest one that will surely make it there). And in every one of those threads we see the same old tiresome rhetoric and back-patting from you and your ilk as if this book is the gospel. It is nothing short of pathetic, really.

Cult45 isn't the only cult around here, believe me.

edit on 5-1-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Your post silly. Your link stating he is defending himself is NOT him. I know what the thread is about.

Apologies I linked the wrong vid I have fixed it

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You did not read the link or thread did you...his own words...from the OP....

"Here is the relevant part of the note, from the 10th page of the book's prologue: "Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are baldly untrue.These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book. "Sometimes I have let the players offer their versions, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I believe to be true."

His own words saying it is not true.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: underwerks

To me reading the article and the OP it’s sounds like a attempt to twist things to try to discredit this book.

It's been a two day job for the OP so far.

Come on, at least give them a chance. You ever notice how angry the right wingers here become when the top spot isn't occupied by whatever recent Qanon, Hillary, DNC, fake stories they eat up with a spoon?

Yeah its not like the Hillary brigade tries to derail every HRC thread that has actual and official sources all the time. Hypocrite.

Actual and official sources?

Regardless of what they told you over at /pol, anonymous sources aren't actual and official. I know that can be hard for 4chan normies to understand, so no hard feelings.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"Here is the relevant part of the note, from the 10th page of the book's prologue: "Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are baldly untrue.These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book. "Sometimes I have let the players offer their versions, in turn allowing the reader to judge them. In other instances I have, through a consistency in the accounts and through sources I have come to trust, settled on a version of events I believe to be true."

Your title says that Wolff has said the content of the book is mostly untrue.

At no point has he said that, no matter how much you want to twist his words, your title is factually incorrect clickbait

I think you should change the title of this thread while you have time.....because it’s not true.
edit on 5-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Author : I'm going to print things that are lies you just have to figure out which ones they are. Wouldn't want to influence you........

That sounds like something? Can't put my finger on it. Oh yeah. Fake News. That's it.

Tell a lie often enough....

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Again there is enough on Trump without this book, to prove he is a liar, but this thread is VERY misleading...front page Yahoo right now....

The book was made from over "200 interviews" "including 3 hours with Trump himself" and "constant access to the west wing"

Your OP says the opposite!

Don't know how to link from my phone, but it's right there front page yahoo........

Like I said Trump was a toxic liar, before the book, the book makes me think no more or less than I already did about the rapist(his ex wife).

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know, if Trump didn't validate this book by trying to stop it being published, I wouldn't think twice about it.

I'm sure that's just some 4-D chess move though, and the real truth will come out around the time all the swamp creatures are secretly rounded up and shipped to Guantanamo. Or maybe the answer is in Hillarys boot..

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join