It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Micheal Wolff, author of new Trump book, says it is mostly untrue

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Title of thread = fake news.

Desperate spin by people angry about free speech.

Oh and lol at people actually liking the name "sloppy Steve".

"What name do we use to try to discredit people today Mr President sir? Oh ok wonderful; great name - tremendous name!"

This thread is propaganda trying to shut down free speech. Shame on you.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
From iBooks. Even the author admits it's tabloid garbage, which isn't surprising since he was an entertainment columnist for the Hollywood Reporter.

This is how low they've sunk.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: carewemust

I am on mobile right now it was quite easy as i had posted that same image into several threads here lomg before Trump posted it. Maybe he got it from me.:x++

You're saying that in jest, but there's evidence that President Trump and/or some of his assistants, surfs certain forums on a daily basis.

BTW.. I just, for the first time, watched a Michael Wolff T.V. interview. It was ABC. Did I hear him correctly? "Donald Trump is unfit for office"? OMG. I hope Wolff is sued repeatedly, and ends up in a homeless shelter!! If we're really lucky, Wolf Blister will end up there too.

So you're wishing a man gets ruined and made homeless because you disagree with his right to free speech?

Wow.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

I am on mobile right now it was quite easy as i had posted that same image into several threads here lomg before Trump posted it. Maybe he got it from me.:x++

You're saying that in jest, but there's evidence that President Trump and/or some of his assistants, surfs certain forums on a daily basis.

BTW.. I just, for the first time, watched a Michael Wolff T.V. interview. It was ABC. Did I hear him correctly? "Donald Trump is unfit for office"? OMG. I hope Wolff is sued repeatedly, and ends up in a homeless shelter!! If we're really lucky, Wolf Blister will end up there too.

So you're wishing a man gets ruined and made homeless because you disagree with his right to free speech?

Wow.
Defamation (including libel and slander), you are ok with that?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

He gets no private. Not anymore. He's a public servant. There is zero expectation of privacy. He's under a microscope 24/7 as it should be.
Hey he wanted the job..
Or did he..the book kind of claims he never intended to win. (Which I said back then btw). He was setting up a new enterprise for after the election. Everybody in his circle had new jobs already lined up. There's some crime in there I'm sure. Fraud at the very least. He never wanted to be your president he was taking advantage of an opportunity. His actions sometimes still suggest he is looking to be fired.

That is odd because the MSM didn't report on everything Obama did. Can you please point me to a article where it states he had 2 scoops of ice cream or he drank too much diet coke? I'll wait.

Done.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Wow.

His "free speech" are lies that damage the Presidency, which in turn damages the Nation. Tonight, the author of this tabloid (Michael Wolff) declared that his goal is the "take down Trump".

Ruining him to homelessness is far kinder than what he truly deserves!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Libs don't care about America, in fact they would rather see it fail than for Trump to succeed. Sickening.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Libs don't care about America, in fact they would rather see it fail than for Trump to succeed. Sickening.

This is ridiculous. And also laughably untrue.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

And that effort will be their undoing, because all normal people love this great country of ours. Due to the FOUR Clinton, Comey, Lynch, Obama probes being launched, Libs will lose what little power they now have in America. A tragic but fitting end.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

And that effort will be their undoing, because all normal people love this great country of ours. Due to the FOUR Clinton, Comey, Lynch, Obama probes being launched, Libs will lose what little power they now have in America. A tragic but fitting end.

Are you seriously saying that Democrats are not normal? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
From iBooks. Even the author admits it's tabloid garbage, which isn't surprising since he was an entertainment columnist for the Hollywood Reporter.

This is how low they've sunk.

I am reading the book just now and when you read that full opening authors note I t’s obvious that he is saying he believes that some people were lying to him and that readers should keep that in mind when reading their quotes. He is also saying that based on the interviews he has done he has drawn some of his own conclusions.

He is in no way saying that his book is “mostly untrue” as the OP claims in the title.

Like I said in my first post people are going to cherry pick this book apart, seems like it’s started
edit on 6-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
duplicate

edit on 6-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
The headline of the link was "The author of the explosive new Trump book says he can't be sure if parts of it are true''

The headline of your thread is '' author of new Trump book, says it is mostly untrue''

Then from your quote from the prologue ..''The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in the book that he wasn't certain all of its content was true''

So how did you get from ''can't be sure if parts of it are true'' and and ''wasn't certain all of it's content was true'' to mostly untrue. That seems to be spin to me. Turning factual statements into their opposites.

so are you saying the op is being deceptive by salting facts or innocuous situations with POSSIBLY untruths or non-facts? Just like the books author claims to have done? Just on the authors claims alone it becomes ambiguous and uncertain how much or if any of it is true.

If the book treats truth as speculation then speculation is all we have for scepticism.

What we have is a book that cannot verify itself by self reliant facts within it. No, we are asked to speculate which parts might be true.
Its like a psyop. Who reads books like this is my question. Isn't this what tabloids do?

I am truly amazed here. I am not sure why hearsay is accepted as anything to debate.
Gossip with, but not debate

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Title of thread = fake news.

Desperate spin by people angry about free speech.

Oh and lol at people actually liking the name "sloppy Steve".

"What name do we use to try to discredit people today Mr President sir? Oh ok wonderful; great name - tremendous name!"

This thread is propaganda trying to shut down free speech. Shame on you.
Your post is cheerleading for gossip mongers.

Free speech, lol..
I myself believe you are being trolled by Bannon/Trump.
It is their right to be able to troll leakers and gossip mongers.
I think they are really really good at it too!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

we all wish it is funny, but we do not think it is funny. It is looking like a very sad reality. Alot of us believe this is our factual reality.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I see. So, your response is to troll me with a picture of a man who never said the quote that's on the picture. Thanks for proving how much I can rely on you to provide a meaningful argument in any debate: nowt.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

we all wish it is funny, but we do not think it is funny. It is looking like a very sad reality. Alot of us believe this is our factual reality.

Yes, but it's ridiculous to think that liberals don't care about America. It's a blatant falsehood and anyone who thinks differently is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It sounds more like an explanation of the people that Trump surrounds himself with. They will say whatever is good for them in the situation at that time, and then the opposite a week later if that would benefit them at that time.

They seem to be a group of people who reflect Trump in that they are entirely self serving. Trump routinely changes opinions and apparent factual details without detailing any of the supposed logic or rationale that should accompany a change in stance- I can't comprehend how anyone can put their trust in someone like that.

I think everyone would agree that without the cut-throat, binary, divide and conquer politics of America in the last 5 years Trump should not have had even a chance of serious candidacy. This ridiculous "Us or Them" dialogue which invades all political discussion in, or about, the US now (very much prevalent on this forum as well) isn't just bad for constructive political discussion but it makes a mockery of the whole system.

The "Fake news" accusation is laughable: Trump hired Cambridge Analytica after Rubio was out of the race which is a group which designs and applies the exact 'feedback loops' of news (getting linked or recommended similar reports to that you've read before whilst eliminating contrasting reports regardless of their accuracy) was the actual meaning of the phrase before it was hijacked and misused for his own means- simply accusing any negative coverage as "fake" without any evidence for the specific and individual accounts- that is inherently untrustworthy- to make a statement and assume/insist people accept it without showing any element of evidence or reasoning. Add that to the source being a court decided liar regards to his "Trump University" means you need an incredible set of circumstances for him to even being considered as President.

I find it incredible. His tweets today proclaiming himself a "genius" and "like, very smart" show what a peculiar, insecure man he is at heart- I just can't imagine a psychologically stable person talking about themselves in such a way.

But as I said, it's this binary politics which makes people gloss over his obvious inadequacies and frankly, shameful, past actions because they're desperate not to be on "The other side". It's such strange times which encourage political ignorance and treat knowledge and understanding as a foreign unknown with suspicious disdain. It's all a mystery to me.

Edit: The misuse and strange use of "Liberalism" as an insult is a perfect example of what I mean. You can't say rubbish soundbites and platitudes like "America: Land of the free" whilst saying "Liberalism is evil!". It is oxymoronic and shows a total lack of understanding of political history. Just because people are attempting to 'redefine' the word as this colloquial, vague meaning doesn't mean you can disregard centuries of it's correct academic, theory based usage.

I'd also add one other thing. If you attempt to disparage and label classic political centre ground (Liberalism) as a 'left wing' trait then you actively shift the whole political outlook significantly to the right which is a truly dangerous thing in terms of a modern democracy as it further condenses the electorates options in a general election. People already make the (very fair in some ways) complaint of "They're all the same anyway!" which is part of what led to Trump, an inexperienced, politically uneducated, relatively inarticulate, arrogant businessman being seen as an escape from the completely false, media trained and afraid to make an unambiguous statement, blandness of many career politicians.
edit on 6-1-2018 by yes4141 because: Another thought.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join