It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indecision 2018

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Oh don't get me wrong, I went them to happen too. I'm just not ready for the vitriol that will be spewed over the next year.

Um, there is always the option to be better than those you think you are above. You know, "walk the walk". Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh don't get me wrong, I went them to happen too. I'm just not ready for the vitriol that will be spewed over the next year.

I've been living it every day since the 2016 elections. "Obsessed" doesn't even begin to describe it. I've never been this involved in politics in my entire life. Not in the lead up to the Iraq Invasion, which I was staunchly against. Not when fighting against Bush's reelection. Not when I supported presidential candidate & sitting Senator Barack Obama; and not after the final straw that made me start opposing most of President Obama's policies.

To get past my initial shock, I rationalized the current political climate by assuming the absolute worst case scenarios would happen. In comparison, the reality doesn't seem so bad lol.

Now I just need the Dems to win either the House or Senate. If they do, I'll breathe the biggest sigh of relief imaginable. I mean some of that Maury Povich "You are NOT the father!" type of relief. But if they fail to win either chamber of Congress, I'll probably take a week long trip to Colorado and then come back to begin round 2.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even though our ballots will most likely reflect different choices, I'm glad to hear it

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I try. Oh how I try, but when you walk among the dirty, you are bound to get mud on you. For instance, I was recently U2Ud by another poster (who I won't dog out here) who called me a bitch because I don't take his political troll baits. I escalated that message to the mods, but that is just an example. Taking the high ground seems to piss people off who wallow below the bar and they will attempt anything and everything to drag you down with them. This is insanely true about politics, even before the age of Trump.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You have more patience than I. I have GameFAQs forums open up in another tab just so I can cycle between video game talk and this... I never thought that whiny teenagers would be more interesting company than political junkies, but here we are.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Truthfully, if you want to change things, you need to air your grievances with the Corporations the Politicians work for.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'm having an indecisive day. I can't figure out if i should drink before Noon or after 1pm. decisions decisions...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You make this post like nobody was here watching you cheer on Clinton.

Now your "team" lost, and now your above it.

And you rat on people too?

Dude stop it. please.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

My great grandparents were the children of former slaves & had to fight against the KKK when it was at its strongest in the 1920s. And my grandparents generation fought in WW2, then ended up marching & working during the Civil Rights Movement. Compared to them, fighting against today's dorks is child's play.

I keep MMA, sports, & manga forums open in other tabs (along with political & global sites). Nothing says you have to only pay attention to ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blender5L

It's 5 O'Clock somewhere, man.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I might as well be trying to create ice in hell for that to work... Maybe if I went into the meeting dressed up as a giant $100 bill? Hmmm? Think that would work?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

I'm having an indecisive day. I can't figure out if i should drink before Noon or after 1pm. decisions decisions...

5 pm somewhere right?

Edit: beaten by burdman!
edit on 5-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Thanks for bring the vitriol into the thread. I knew it was only a matter of time until someone had to lower the bar and act like a jackass to me for my political opinions which I haven't been discussing at all in this thread.

Dude stop it. please.

Let's be honest with ourselves. Do you honestly think I'll listen to you after you posted what you just posted?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yeah. I think I remember you saying that around here before. I have mad respect for you and where you come from. You clearly have the urge to fight against injustice ingrained into your blood. You are also one of the few posters I come back to ATS for as your presence assures me that not everyone has lost their damn minds around here.

Manga forums? You really do have more patience than me! Those ones overwhelm me with weirdness... As much as I love anime and manga, their fanbases weird me out a lot.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thanks. "The urge to fight against injustice ingrained into your blood" sure sounds a lot better than how I would've described it. I see it as "a stubborn refusal to back down from my beliefs, regardless of public opinion". I don't expect the world to ever become my utopian dream, but instead of making me depressed, I've just accepted that I'll be fighting this battle for my entire life.

Oh & the manga forums completely depend on the manga. I don't mess with a lot of the weird ones because their fanbase's can be... yeah... But "One Piece", "One Punch Man", and "Kingdom" are generally worth it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

For instance, I was recently U2Ud by another poster (who I won't dog out here) who called me a bitch....

I'll need a name to engrave on the medal. You can PM me.

(Just kidding...kind of.)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Thanks for bring the vitriol into the thread. I knew it was only a matter of time until someone had to lower the bar and act like a jackass to me for my political opinions which I haven't been discussing at all in this thread.

Ummm.

I still feel so raw inside after all the petty bickering, name calling, and vastly lowering of the bar that was engaged on both sides (though one side in particular more than the other).

On topic, reality is that this years elections are more important than 2016 (if you believe that voting is important).

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Why do we even have politicians in this day and age?

Why can't we use our social security cards or a similar system to vote directly on federal and local policies?

Imagine an amber alert pops up on your phone but instead of a missing child, it's a vote yea or nay on medical marijuana laws. You enter your social security number, scan your thumbprint and the results are announced on Sunday by Ryan Seacrest.

If you do not own such technology, you can always head to the nearest voting booth AKA sprint store.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

I agree with a system like that for a lot of issues, though social security numbers wouldn't be the way to do it (they're not secure in the least bit). However, there will always be a need for administrators, officials, diplomats, & lawmakers.

How would a citizen vote work on something like determining the adequate budgets & equipment for our national guard? Or on international agreements with our allies and trade partners?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Actually its a lot easier than you think. You find a politician you think has done dumb stuff, you find his/her top corporate sponsers and you and your crew of like minded people start raising a stink on social media and show up to disrupt the Annual Meeting and particularly if you can get MSM coverage, the Corporation will drop that crappy politician!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join