It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mexican structure is a ‘miniature model of the universe’, say archaeologists

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Good Morning peeps,
A quick share, I didn't see it posted already.

This is all only a theory, but interesting to think about nonetheless.

Underwater shrine appears to represent the beginning of space and time in Mesoamerican mythology

Independent Article

Mexican archaeologists have identified a stone “tetzacualco” – or shrine – that they think could have been constructed as a “miniature model of the universe”. The structure is located in a pond on the side of the Iztaccihuatl volcano near Mexico City, on a site termed Nahualac. In some ancient Mesoamerican myths concerning the creation of the world, the crocodile monster Cipactli floated on the primal waters and from its body the earth and sky were created.

Dr Hernández suggested that water flowing into the pond was controlled to create a visual effect that made it appear like the stone structure was “floating on the water mirror”. A team began to excavate the site back in 2016, finding a variety of signs of human activity at Nahualac. These signs include ceramic fragments, parts of obsidian blades and organic remains such as charcoal and the mineral schist that may have been an offering of some sort.

Edit: found this

Have a good day!

edit on 5/1/18 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Mexico was founded in 1824.

How can it be " Ancient " ?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'll just throw this in for entertainment (certainly) and education (maybe):

Maya, Inca and Aztec civilizations were founded by ancient Indians. The Mayan calendar , which everybody knows about , is nothing but a Vedic calendar made by Maya Danava. 

MAYA , INCA , AZTEC CIVILIZATIONS DECODED - CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL

Curious about the author? More in this thread:

Capt Ajit Vadakayil - Meet India's David Icke

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Thanks!
That is an interesting read, lots to take in.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There was an excellent thread from Skyfloating that discusses how Islam were open to the idea of extraterrestrials. He mentioned that Quran says there are Seven Earths and that according to some Muslims, they believe there are humans in each of them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

at least he looks more sane and smart than the actual david icke (sigh)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
I'll just throw this in for entertainment (certainly) and education (maybe):

Maya, Inca and Aztec civilizations were founded by ancient Indians. The Mayan calendar , which everybody knows about , is nothing but a Vedic calendar made by Maya Danava. 

MAYA , INCA , AZTEC CIVILIZATIONS DECODED - CAPT AJIT VADAKAYIL

Curious about the author? More in this thread:

Capt Ajit Vadakayil - Meet India's David Icke

That is unmitigated BS

The genetics of native american people make that idea impossible.
The Inca and other in the andes around them have genetic ties to Souh America going back 15K years.
The Maya have genetic and cultural ties to meso america that go back a min, of 15K years.
The Aztecs are new comers to Meso America, but have roots in California going back 15k years.

There is not even a hint of any Indian specific genetics in any native american population.

BUT, there is ample cultural(mythologies), botanical( native North and South american plants) and gentic ( rare MtDna haplogroups that are derived clades (downstream) from native american specific haplogroups, evidence to suggest that at several times since the end of the ice age, groups of native americans migrated to the old world.
They brought with them bottle gourds and datura(jimson weed) a sacred plant among the people of the sub continent, the Munda also have similar creation mythos as a good portion of native North Americans.
There are groups in central asia who's genetics are derived clades of MtDna haplogroups found in ancient californian remains.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
Good Morning peeps,
A quick share, I didn't see it posted already.

This is all only a theory, but interesting to think about nonetheless.

Yeah, Mexicans creating more Tourist Attractions.

Every piece of rock has some "interesting" story behind it.

Of course, nobody can "see" these details in the rock, it all comes out of some Mexican Government sponsored agent's imagination, to drive the sales of more tickets to Mexico, to collect that foreign exchange.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sorry man. Cool story but I don't trust any video information that has a mechanical "anonymous" narrator. I really didn't see any evidence of how this was supposed to be a representation of the universe. They didn't show any facts other than 100% opinion by people I don't even know. No telling why or how they believe this to be so.

MindBodySpiritComplex:

Isn't the cities created by "ancient" peoples throughout the Americas less than 2k years old? Based on evidence, even some most recent, the peoples that came to the Americas did so over the Bering Strait. Genetics show that they are all related and yet not mingled with the other races. They were likely more pedigree than peoples of Africa today.

edit on 5-1-2018 by StallionDuck because: Meant to divide this

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

No, the oldest cities in the americas are more than 5,000 years old

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I'm imagining a few exiles in vimanas becoming the ruling class over an existing population - leaving little to no genetic trace but instead a "scientific priesthood" to carry on the traditions they brought - the same model they used to rule over India until they were kicked out or got bored and went to the Americas...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahasrara

And still the oldest cities in the americas predate any notions of "vimanas" in vedic literature.
Exiled to rule over an exsisting population of people who readily sacrificed their kings if the rains didnt come or the crops failed?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Hello, fellow mexican here with a little bit of history.

Teotihuacan (or also known as Mexico CITY) was founded august 13, 1521.

From Wikipedia: Teotihuacan began as a new religious centre in the Mexican Highlands around the first century AD. This city came to be the largest and most populated centre in the pre-Columbian Americas. Teotihuacan was even home to multi-floor apartment compounds built to accommodate this large population.[2] The term Teotihuacan (or Teotihuacano) is also used for the whole civilization and cultural complex associated with the site.

So yes, you MIGHT be correct, but only to the point that Mexico (not teotihuacan) was founded recently.

May i remind you, before borders and countries, people used to roam the land... you know...nomads... so when they found a land rich in water, food and with good land to plant crops, they became sedentary, that's why you find the same type of "sapiens" in different parts of a continent.

I will not continue since all this info can be found for free (well you HAVE to research and read and all that boring stuff...)

P.S. Never go to battle with no ammo..

top topics

join