It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME: 11yo struck, killed by Amtrak train; Conductor observed girl looking down at cellphone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I feel sad for all involved.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: projectvxn

I have an 11 yo son and he would not be walking around train tracks with his eyes on his cell,he would not be crossing a road looking at his cell,etc etc etc.Because he was taught that that type of thing gets you killed,robbed,grievously injured etc.I feel bitterly sorry for these kids who were killed,OF COURSE I DO,Jeezus..but i feel ANGER at their parents who dropped the ball in teaching them safe sensible ways to navigate the world!!!!
So in a way it Is natural selection.

If you do not teach your kids to be sensible,they may most likely not survive.Your descendants and your bloodline dies if you cannot be arsed to be vigilant and teach them the dangers of life and the planet they live on!

I Have a 10 year old son. It has been grilled into him heavily to pay attention. As a result, I would brag about how responsible he was to family and friends.

Then one day not that long ago. We were about to cross the street, he was excited about a story he was telling me when he did the unthinkable. For a moment before I yelled, he was few feet into the roadway and had not looked both ways. There were no cars coming.

You can blame me as a parent all you want but I myself learned a valuable lesson that day.

His so called responsible behavior that I bragged to people about, was nothing more than a self proclaimed crown of my own achievement. Until he experiences the close calls himself and learns from his own mistakes, he is not safe. He will never be "safe".

In the end I learned that there will never be a point where I stop worrying and maybe I should just STFU and not take anything for granted.

True story.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join