It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel CEO's massive stock dump raises eyebrows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: Blender5L

Computers are going to be slower now they say, effecting BILLIONS of people world wide.

It won't help all those bitcoin-mining botnets, that 's for sure. This could affect the value of bitcoin but who knows how much.

Yesterdays news: Largest Crypto-Mining Exchange Hacked; Over $70 Million in Bitcoin Stolen thehackernews.com...

I also heard hackers are dumping bitcoin now and looking at Europe and other mines now.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Tactical share sales are nothing new in the world of computers, remember CBM - Commodore Business Machines and how there CEO sold his shares after forcing the company to ditch several promising projects and instead invest in developing the Plus 4 which were already outmoded from the moment they were released.

He had driven Atari into the ground but then did this and invested heavily in Atari buying up the stock of the business he had tactically outmaneuvered then releasing the slimmed down Atari ST as a competitor to the overpriced but much more powerful Amiga which was the flagship of his Old company CBM.

HE could be anticipating a run on the shares as the company may now face numerous international law suit's from everyone - business to government's but he could also be tactically positioning himself to buy back he shares he has sold at a much better price and therefore buy more of them giving himself even more dominance over the company and pitching him to increase his wealth if the company rebound's from this which it probably shall.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Tactical share sales are nothing new in the world of computers, remember CBM - Commodore Business Machines and how there CEO sold his shares after forcing the company to ditch several promising projects and instead invest in developing the Plus 4 which were already outmoded from the moment they were released.

He had driven Atari into the ground but then did this and invested heavily in Atari buying up the stock of the business he had tactically outmaneuvered then releasing the slimmed down Atari ST as a competitor to the overpriced but much more powerful Amiga which was the flagship of his Old company CBM.

HE could be anticipating a run on the shares as the company may now face numerous international law suit's from everyone - business to government's but he could also be tactically positioning himself to buy back he shares he has sold at a much better price and therefore buy more of them giving himself even more dominance over the company and pitching him to increase his wealth if the company rebound's from this which it probably shall.

For memories sake -
en.wikipedia.org... September 6th, 1983

The Atari video game burial was a mass burial of unsold video game cartridges, consoles, and computers in a New Mexico landfill site, undertaken by American video game and home computer company Atari, Inc. in 1983. Up until 2014, the goods buried were rumored to be unsold copies of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, one of the biggest commercial failures in video gaming and often cited as one of the worst video games ever released, and the Atari 2600 port of Pac-Man, which was commercially successful but critically maligned.

Seems like we're in loop that replays every couple decades. I guess we'll have to wait to see what happens with this next.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

originally posted by: carewemust

Can you summarize how these flaws are affecting the average computer user?

Well, when I saw this It made me really glad I don't use intel.

The Security of pretty much every computer on the planet has just gotten a lot worse

This means that a malicious app on your phone could steal data from your other apps. Or a malicious program on your computer -- maybe on running in a browser window from that sketchy site you're visiting, or as a result of a phishing attack -- can steal data elsewhere on your machine. Cloud services, which often share machines amongst several customers, are especially vulnerable. This affects corporate applications running on cloud infrastructure, and end-user cloud applications like Google Drive. Exactly how, we don't know yet.

This is bad news, and just what they planned for 20 years ago, or more.

Just to add to your's, the likely fix for this is at the operating system kernel level and one estimate is that the operating system with the fix in place will be up to 30 percent or even more slower than it is now, this will also affect all your program's which will all run slower, it may also in the short term once the fix is released for these operating system's mean slower net speeds as everything that run's on the affected code will be slowed down as well.

The reason that it is being fixed at the operating system level is that you can of course patch an operating system with new code, in this case the entire kernel (the heart of the operating system) has to be rewritten, but you would have to replace the CPU with a completely redesigned version and likely they knew about this flaw in the architecture and on chip code for a very long time indeed, maybe even from day one - a designed and deliberate back door to global computing for those in the know.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Thankyou for taking the time to share that thorough, easy to understand, explanation, Cauliflower. I just checked my P.C. and found that the processor an AMD Phenom.

AMD computers used be known as a the poor-man's version of Intel driven P.C.. Right now, I'm thankful to have AMD.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's making me wonder if this Drain the Swamp thing and kill the Ratz is starting to effect the planet on a higher scale, like, Subliminal. It seems like things are starting to fall apart in all areas.

We're coming down to the big crunch, and a lot of pissed off citizens who are looking for Justice from all the filth lies and distortions. Just a feeling I guess.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

It's making me wonder if this Drain the Swamp thing and kill the Ratz is starting to effect the planet on a higher scale, like, Subliminal. It seems like things are starting to fall apart in all areas.

We're coming down to the big crunch, and a lot of pissed off citizens who are looking for Justice from all the filth lies and distortions. Just a feeling I guess.

Since that take-down in Saudi Arabia with all those corrupt prince, there wasn't a terrorists attack last New Year.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

With all those Internet-of-Things devices and hardware, any vulnerability or bugs in software is going to become more obvious.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

According to Jim Stone, this bloke has only just know realsied the extent to which selling out to the security forces and putting back dorrs into Intel Chips is going to cost him in user and industry reputation and therefore money.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

In a word - lack of security - like win 10.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

According to Jim Stone, this bloke has only just know realsied the extent to which selling out to the security forces and putting back dorrs into Intel Chips is going to cost him in user and industry reputation and therefore money.

It's a bit late for him now, the clean up will cost him more than he could possibly imagine, and the damage unprecidented. You can't stick a price on this mess, it's going to be a long ride for everyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Cauliflower

Thankyou for taking the time to share that thorough, easy to understand, explanation, Cauliflower. I just checked my P.C. and found that the processor an AMD Phenom.

AMD computers used be known as a the poor-man's version of Intel driven P.C.. Right now, I'm thankful to have AMD.

AMD (per their report) processors have been being tested in the lab since last year. Again , per their release , AMD CPUs are only affected by one of the three vulnerabilities . That one is to be fixed by OS patches

AMD computers used be known as a the poor-man's version of Intel driven P.C.

I have been in computers since Moses . That is the most incorrect statement I have ever heard.

And now , as the "flaw" has more to do with Intel and the fixes will make the CPU 17-18% slower where does AMD stand ?
Any wonder Intel officers dumping their stock ?

edit on 1/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

According to Jim Stone, this bloke has only just know realsied the extent to which selling out to the security forces and putting back doors into Intel Chips is going to cost him in user and industry reputation and therefore money.

It's a bit late for him now, the clean up will cost him more than he could possibly imagine, and the damage unprecedented. You can't stick a price on this mess, it's going to be a long ride for everyone.

Perhaps the thing to look out for is what the other chip maker owners do in the non distant future. They might be shivering in their boots too.

I wonder what bothers them the most? allowing themselves to be be used by the security forces or, the loss of all the money........ Either way he and any others in the same boat loose and you n I win... which rarely happens.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Well, when I saw this It made me really glad I don't use intel.

The Security of pretty much every computer on the planet has just gotten a lot worse

This means that a malicious app on your phone could steal data from your other apps. Or a malicious program on your computer -- maybe on running in a browser window from that sketchy site you're visiting, or as a result of a phishing attack -- can steal data elsewhere on your machine. Cloud services, which often share machines amongst several customers, are especially vulnerable. This affects corporate applications running on cloud infrastructure, and end-user cloud applications like Google Drive. Exactly how, we don't know yet.

This is bad news, and just what they planned for 20 years ago, or more.

Just to add to your's, the likely fix for this is at the operating system kernel level and one estimate is that the operating system with the fix in place will be up to 30 percent or even more slower than it is now, this will also affect all your program's which will all run slower, it may also in the short term once the fix is released for these operating system's mean slower net speeds as everything that run's on the affected code will be slowed down as well.

The reason that it is being fixed at the operating system level is that you can of course patch an operating system with new code, in this case the entire kernel (the heart of the operating system) has to be rewritten, but you would have to replace the CPU with a completely redesigned version and likely they knew about this flaw in the architecture and on chip code for a very long time indeed, maybe even from day one - a designed and deliberate back door to global computing for those in the know.

I wonder now, just how long this will take, there's always going to be a flaw in someones pc somewhere. And even if it were fixed, we just can't tell whether or not someone will flaw it again, purposely or not. I mean are we talking military grade, and if that's the case, will this effect the Military bases, and how bad is it?

Thanks for the input

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

According to Jim Stone, this bloke has only just know realsied the extent to which selling out to the security forces and putting back doors into Intel Chips is going to cost him in user and industry reputation and therefore money.

It's a bit late for him now, the clean up will cost him more than he could possibly imagine, and the damage unprecedented. You can't stick a price on this mess, it's going to be a long ride for everyone.

Perhaps the thing to look out for is what the other chip maker owners do in the non distant future. They might be shivering in their boots too.

I wonder what bothers them the most? allowing themselves to be be used by the security forces or, the loss of all the money........ Either way he and any others in the same boat loose and you n I win... which rarely happens.

Most of these guys don't seem to care, or even seem to have a conscience about it. He's definately lost this, but he'll be replaced by another drone, it's likely anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You could easily be right about that too.

Most of these guys don't seem to care, or even seem to have a conscience about it. He's definately lost this, but he'll be replaced by another drone, it's likely anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ordo ab chao makes you wonder if some group is capable of such forward thinking to tie in all this chaos or if it is coming from some other 'higher' authority?

Personally I think it's a spiritual war and we're all just victims or puppets. The puppets enjoy nice things while the rest of us pay for them to enjoy their nice things.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

what I read of the 'flaw'.... is that the flaw is the chips programmer decision to 'open' various sub-menus of optional areas in anticipation of just which sub-function the PC user will opt to access

for example, the chip will open your documents/pictures/videos/favorites/downloads/music > Folders

in anticipation of the users next command key ---- and there-in lies the 'Flaw' of being hacked by an outsider to access stuff like passwords, etc.

to me the "anticipation' the chip programmer employs to give the user a quicker experience is not a Design-Architecture failure but a lazy shortcut used by the programmer that can be eliminated with ease...

Chips do not have flaws inherent in them... and the blow-back in INTC stock price has allowed me to buy more shares below the recent $47.00 + daily price...Horray !!

I wish I had a Grand to Invest in this sudden mini-crash of an eventual $75 stock by 2019 at the latest

edit on th31151537305407572018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wish I had a Grand to Invest in this sudden mini-crash of an eventual $75 stock by 2019 at the latest

OOPS A DOUBLE POST please overlook

edit on th31151537023707102018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Yeah that's how it is, how it's always been unfortunately. We're only puppets for as long as we believe it, I think things are shifting a bit now, I hope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join