It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of my bed lifted 2-3 ft in the air,shook rapidly,& then dropped straight back down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This incident took place in 2002 on BuckeyeLake,Ohio where I lived for a 9 months.I was working the graveyard shift for a good company at the time and would come home after work,clean up,eat,sometimes down a couple shots of jack,then go to sleep.The area I was living at was very nice since it was on a lake.A very upscale nice scenery.

As usual I cleaned up when I came home after work,showered,ate,and I did down a few shots of jack Daniels (and no I wasn't drunk,sloppy drunk or no where near it.As a matter of fact I was knowledgeably coherent to my surroundings.Anyone reading my story trying to disbelieve/debunk it after hearing the words "I drunk some liquor" would probably jump to the conclusion I wasn't with it mentally,seeing things,making things up or imagining things.That's perfectly fine and you're all entitled to that theory and belief.One the other hand,I was the only person there to witness what happened and it set me straight.

The inicident: Like I said before,when I got home I did my usual thing before crashing out: clean up,grab a bit to eat if I was hungry,down a shot of jack if I wanted a shot (and I did drink a 2-3 shots that morning).I remember laying under my covers,grabbing my pillows and laying my head on one of them and started to slowly doze.I was still awake,but slowly dozing off.From the time I laid down until the incident started was about 20-25 minutes give and take and then it happened,just like that.The very end of my bed,just the end,rose off the ground lightening,and I mean lightening, fast! I literally felt the gravity push me forward towards the front end of my bed.It rose a good estimate 2-3 feet high and shook so rapidly that I highly doubt any human on this planet could shake it that quick,even with 2 people on each end.The equal balance/flush would be off coming from both ends at the same time.There was nobody in the room except me and I was living alone,by myself,just me myself and I.

The end of my bed lifted 2-3 feet straight in the air,shook very very rapidly and then dropped.The whole event lasted maybe 2-3 seconds.I'm guessing maybe 2 seconds.My eyes immediately came wide opened,but I just laid there without a muscle for a good minute for two.I knew exactly what it was or may have been: a demon,bad spirit,or disembodied spirit coming after for whatever reason.I finally got up after a couple minutes and the first thing I did was look in bedroom closest knowing that noone was in there.Then I searched the rest of my place to see if anyone was inside only to find noone was here except me.

The bed I was sleeping on,even till this very day,is a waterbed.Instead of water it's replaced with a mattress and noone can fit underneath the bed because it's composed of drawers that slide in and out so it's humanly impossible to hide underneath the bed.The creepiest thing about this whole incident,other than the incident itself,was I found an ouija board laying in a drawer under neath my bed that I played with from time to time by myself when I got board.That was the "only" thing I found in all the drawers after I checked every single one.

I could add 1 plus 1 and say the ouija had something to do with the end of my bed rising and dropping like a dead fly and I had obviously awoke/opened a doorway to the other side and let it into our world and did not properly shut the door like I should have..or...it's all just pure coincidence.

Needless to say I threw away the ouija board in the trash that following week and I believe I haven't touched another one since then.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

I remember laying under my covers,grabbing my pillows and laying my head on one of them and started to slowly doze.I was still awake, but slowly dozing off.

Sooo... you were in your bed and asleep at the time.

I had a dream last night during the earthquake in the SF Bay Area. I didn't awake during it, but quickly made up a dream to suit; I was in an old dark house when the walls started to pound, pound, pound, real loud!

I thought it was a ghost dream, until I heard the news in the AM.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

becareful to judge and what you read intrptr.I stated I was still "awake" and started to "doze" off.I was still coherent to my surroundings.It's ok to be judgmental and try to debunk the scenery and I did admit I had between 2-3 shot of jack daniels before hand.I didn't say it was a dream and not once did I mention that in my story.I call it as it happened with no intentions of implying fake lines within the story itself.This is all from within my memory and you ought to respect that.Please do feel free to ask me any questions despite how small,ridiculous,loony,or how far fetched that may be.I am willing to answer any to all of them

Dripper
edit on 4-1-2018 by Dripper because: error on my behalf

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dripper
This incident took place in 2002 on BuckeyeLake,Ohio where I lived for a 9 months.I was working the graveyard shift for a good company at the time and would come home after work,clean up,eat,sometimes down a couple shots of jack,then go to sleep.The area I was living at was very nice since it was on a lake.A very upscale nice scenery.

As usual I cleaned up when I came home after work,showered,ate,and I did down a few shots of jack Daniels (and no I wasn't drunk,sloppy drunk or no where near it.As a matter of fact I was knowledgeably coherent to my surroundings.Anyone reading my story trying to disbelieve/debunk it after hearing the words "I drunk some liquor" would probably jump to the conclusion I wasn't with it mentally,seeing things,making things up or imagining things.That's perfectly fine and you're all entitled to that theory and belief.One the other hand,I was the only person there to witness what happened and it set me straight.

The inicident: Like I said before,when I got home I did my usual thing before crashing out: clean up,grab a bit to eat if I was hungry,down a shot of jack if I wanted a shot (and I did drink a 2-3 shots that morning).I remember laying under my covers,grabbing my pillows and laying my head on one of them and started to slowly doze.I was still awake,but slowly dozing off.From the time I laid down until the incident started was about 20-25 minutes give and take and then it happened,just like that.The very end of my bed,just the end,rose off the ground lightening,and I mean lightening, fast! I literally felt the gravity push me forward towards the front end of my bed.It rose a good estimate 2-3 feet high and shook so rapidly that I highly doubt any human on this planet could shake it that quick,even with 2 people on each end.The equal balance/flush would be off coming from both ends at the same time.There was nobody in the room except me and I was living alone,by myself,just me myself and I.

The end of my bed lifted 2-3 feet straight in the air,shook very very rapidly and then dropped.The whole event lasted maybe 2-3 seconds.I'm guessing maybe 2 seconds.My eyes immediately came wide opened,but I just laid there without a muscle for a good minute for two.I knew exactly what it was or may have been: a demon,bad spirit,or disembodied spirit coming after for whatever reason.I finally got up after a couple minutes and the first thing I did was look in bedroom closest knowing that noone was in there.Then I searched the rest of my place to see if anyone was inside only to find noone was here except me.

The bed I was sleeping on,even till this very day,is a waterbed.Instead of water it's replaced with a mattress and noone can fit underneath the bed because it's composed of drawers that slide in and out so it's humanly impossible to hide underneath the bed.The creepiest thing about this whole incident,other than the incident itself,was I found an ouija board laying in a drawer under neath my bed that I played with from time to time by myself when I got board.That was the "only" thing I found in all the drawers after I checked every single one.

I could add 1 plus 1 and say the ouija had something to do with the end of my bed rising and dropping like a dead fly and I had obviously awoke/opened a doorway to the other side and let it into our world and did not properly shut the door like I should have..or...it's all just pure coincidence.

Needless to say I threw away the ouija board in the trash that following week and I believe I haven't touched another one since then.

Maybe something was telling you to wake up. When you open doors no telling what is going to come through.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

becareful to judge and what you read intrptr.

I am.

Your claim is subjective, to you.

I thought you don't care if people don't believe you?

Like, so what. Just respond to those that 'believe'.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Wouldn't it freak you out if you checked the drawer under your present bed, only to find that very same ouija board..

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I do respect anyone who wishes to question not just me,but anyone who wishes to share there paranormal story they've had or witnessed.You came off rather critical,rather fast.True,I don't care if people don't believe either way or not to this event.Everyone's different and everyone handles things differently.You just be yourself and grill me with me with questions and perhaps it'll lead to what it was because two brains is better than 1.It's almost mathematics in a sense.It was so surreal,the event,I keep pushing it back into my mind as if it never happened because things that just don't happen to people like me,well it did.I keep playing it over once in awhile in my mind asking myself "did that just happen?".

If it never happened,I would have never gotten out bed,looked in my closest,and all over my place for anyone being in my home.It was enough of a shock wave to fully wake me up and get me out of bed when I should have been sleeping after working a graveyard shift.So apparently "something" startled me,something moved my bed,literally and it had no physical body attached.I didn't hear any footsteps,noises,growls,whisperings,etc.

Perhaps if I were to be hypnotized it would bring out more information,details,little details I missed.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No one can understand unless they have been through extraordinary experiences. And intrptr is right as to opening doors.

I have had similar things happen but none so dramatic. I also live/lived alone. While wide awake at night I felt something like small feet walk between my legs and across the bed (this was right after my mother died). I have felt pressure release from the foot of my bed and pressure placed at the foot of the bed, again all this while awake. I once felt Heavy Air over the top half of my body while laying in bed awake. That scared me.

The in between sleep and awake seems to also be a time when many things happen. For me it is voices or phone/doorbell ringing but aren't really. You learn the difference after a time.

Only twice have I been frightened and they were both more dramatic (but not like yours). The other time was playing with a pendulum and homemade ouija board.

Ask yourself, did you open a door?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
ATS is the largest group of debunkers on the Planet.

Phage once debunked my baby picture.

You can't put that story up and not expect heat.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Wouldn't it freak you out if you checked the drawer under your present bed, only to find that very same ouija board..

I wouldn't know what to think,or say.I know nobody on here would believe me if that really did happen.That's beyond paranormal.I would just burn both the ouija board and the bed,take a "holy water" shower,get a priest to cleanse my home and then move out of town for awhile.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

No one can understand unless they have been through extraordinary experiences. And intrptr is right as to opening doors.

I have had similar things happen but none so dramatic. I also live/lived alone. While wide awake at night I felt something like small feet walk between my legs and across the bed (this was right after my mother died). I have felt pressure release from the foot of my bed and pressure placed at the foot of the bed, again all this while awake. I once felt Heavy Air over the top half of my body while laying in bed awake. That scared me.

The in between sleep and awake seems to also be a time when many things happen. For me it is voices or phone/doorbell ringing but aren't really. You learn the difference after a time.

Only twice have I been frightened and they were both more dramatic (but not like yours). The other time was playing with a pendulum and homemade ouija board.

Ask yourself, did you open a door?

It's probably more than most likely coincidence the ouija board had a link to this incident,yet then again maybe just maybe it's linked together.I don't know.There's nothing I have done to cause a stir in my place to make an evil spirit make my bed rise up like that other than screwing around with that ouija board a few times here and there,by myself,and even then the cursor never moved.It was as peaceful,neighborhood,place to live.Maybe someone was buried beneath the place and trying to get my attention just like in the movie "stir of echoes".Maybe someone was playing witchcraft/black magic on me like in the movie "the craft".There's always other options and scenarios other the ouija board itself.

I could have opened a door way to the other world and not closed it,who knows.we'll never know.I'm not in black magic,voodoo dolls,etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Crazy hey, good story. You know what they say about hard liquor though, probably why they call it 'Spirits'.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading it.

Cool and spooky!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It’s the ouija board. Playing with one causes real world effects like this. Sorry I can’t show my work; it’s just something you have to live to know. Maybe science will acknowledge it one day.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
ATS is the largest group of debunkers on the Planet.

Phage once debunked my baby picture.

You can't put that story up and not expect heat.

especially when all I have is a story to back it up and no proof.I see it coming a mile away.Problem is I can't handle criticism like most people.I would expect most people to be supportive since we're all on the same webpage,a paranormal site.There's always to explain things away using certain techniques,or working back words,or using math.It's funny when I watch court cases and they ask so many questions and use technique in so many different ways to win the case.That's how people can use that to find how solve a paranormal case: break it down until there's one conclusion: either it's paranormal or it's not.If it's paranormal then let's classify it into a category just like ufos: oval shaped,round,cigar shaped,ball of light,etc.Every little detail,no matter how small,means something in the paranormal community and the more people involved,the more we can get things done.That's why I keep having people ask me questions because maybe I left something out that could make this little picture of my story alot bigger for all see.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

sometimes down a couple shots of jack

I don't care how many shots you've had, there aren't enough to get a bed to jump 2 feet in the air...I believe you.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Silly but documented thing I found was to put salt around the house. I only put salt by my bed and never had a problem when it was there. Don't claim it is true tho it worked. Could be psychological tho I still do it on occasion.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
3 shots isn't enough to make a person imagine that. So I'd say the Jack Daniels is a non-factor (unless you are a super lightweight).

Have you had any other strange experiences in your life? In childhood? Anything....knocking sounds in empty houses, footsteps, that sort of thing. Apparitions? Disembodied voices? Or even other experiences that wouldn't fit under the "haunting" or demon category. Any psychic phenomenon at any time in your life?

My gut reaction to your story is that it was the ouija board, but let's explore the other things too.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Very interesting account.

I had something somewhat similar occur about a year ago while I was in bed. It was about 20-30 min after laying down (slight insomnia), but not yet 100% asleep, when it occurred. I recall feeling my feet getting lifted from the end of the bed and then opening my eyes to see them actually lifting along with my lower legs and eventually my upper legs. I wasn't under going sleep paralysis as I was able to look left and right around the room and I recall seeing nothing around my bed nor at the foot of it. The only light in the room was from the outside which was slightly bluer and brighter than the yellowish light normally is from the lamp outside. Internally I remember having a mini freak out where I repeated "Oh my god it's really happening, it's finally happening" several time, referring to what I thought at the time was an alien abduction. After a few seconds, probably no more than 10 seconds, everything went black and I sprang up from the bed with a rapidly beating heart. I think I sat up in bed for a good 20 min with the lights on after that just trying to calm down.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

you're welcome and I'm glad you read it.It's true too btw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join