It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular YouTube vlogger suspended after filming/uploading dead body

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So now Logan Paul is the pillar of journalistic freedom against censorship...the greatest since Viet Nam???

Got it!

edit on 1/5/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Youtubes terms and conditions is all that applies to this conversation, and they are pretty clear.

Clear as mud. Especially recently. This is one example, holding up dead baby pics in the UN is alright though?

Amazing the row here from people that decry censoring the truth all day long elsewhere. Not addressed at you personally, as mod you are a gate keeper.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So now Logan Paul is the pillar of journalistic freedom against censorship...the greatest since Viet Nam???

Got it!

Get it, you're the one keep trying to direct the back and forth between us towards him, not me.

But I get the resentment you harbor towards me anyway from some other comments in some other thread for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Was it on youtube?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Well, that is, afterall, what the discussion is about, right? Logan Paul and his YT video, right?

I hate to inform you of this, but the conversation has never been about YOU, nor do I have any particular desire to direct the conversation in that direction.

You might try to stay on-topic. I know it's hard when you want to redirect the conversation to YOU, and then act all offended (which is pretty much your standard approach to virtually every discussion), but guess what...it's not about YOU! Never was. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You cannot argue censorship on a privatley owned platform.

Discards first amendment.

Youtube has a t and c that is an agreement with its users. By them allowing content that violates their t and c they are violating their agreement.

With the censors, you mean.

Its a public platform, not private. Censors use private ownership as the excuse to restrict information or access. Easier to blanket censor that way.

Edit: Conversely, always amusing to see how politicians justify keeping secrets, even though they hold "Public Office".

Things have become twisted round again as usual. George Orwell and foundng fathers turn, while Goebbels burns.

Done here...
edit on 5-1-2018 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes true,but im not blaming the victim,i am saying in this day and age,plan the location of your exit point.Because of people like this dipsh*t Paul.They are all over the place now.

You know,i do not mind sharing this following piece about myself,as it is an example of how deep my sense of personal responsibility runs.My mother warned me of what could happen to girls and women who act without common sense when out and about. At school our teachers warned us.I KNEW the dangers..yet around age 22/23yo i went out one night..got plastered and made a stupid decision and got myself raped at knifepoint.

I came home,sober by now and furious with MYSELF for being so effing Stupid.Whilst running a bath,i pondered on the event,and decided to forgive myself - to chalk it up as a reminder to Never let my common sense be over ruled again,to chalk it up as a hard lesson from the school of hard knocks.Then i had a bath,took some painpills for the inevitable hangover and went to work.

Lesson learned,case closed.

Do i condone rape? HELL NO.

Do i believe the rapists were blameless? HELL NO.

BUT it IS a jungle out there,and my own Stupidity put me in the path of predators.If i stick my arm in the lion's cage,i may well lose the arm,or have it maimed for life.There has to come a point where one can see that throwing blame around after the fact,is useless.Safeguard your self,take responsibility for All that you do,or do not do.Very few of us are Really victims.
edit on 5-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

edit on 5-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You have no first amendment right on my property because it would violate my 4th amendment rights.

Youtube is owned, and those owners have rights too.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hello????

Simple question...WHO TOOK THE VIDEO DOWN?

There's only two possible answers:

1. Logan Paul
2. Youtube

ANSWER - 1. Logan Paul

So explain to us how this is censorship?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You have no first amendment right on my property because it would violate my 4th amendment rights.

Freedom of speech applies everywhere.

"My House, My Rules" is in violation of the first amendment.

You can ask me to leave your property, you cannot enforce your censorship on what I say (my opinion).

edit on 5-1-2018 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

C'mon man, use some common sense! Pleez!

Try that on a commercial airliner sometime and let me know how that works out for ya!

You're welcome to say "Jihad" all you like...right up until the part where they put the duct tape over your mouth and zip-tie you into a pretzel.

edit...BTW, please answer the question above...who took the YT video down?

edit on 1/5/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Freedom of speech applies everywhere.

"My House, My Rules" is in violation of the first amendment.

You can ask me to leave your property, you cannot enforce your censorship on what I say (my opinion).

Unless you are either not from the US or ignorant of the law you must know that the 1st only applies to the Govmt suppressing free speech, not individuals. The 4th will always trump the 1st.

EDIT: I do see what point you are trying to make so pigheadedly. Yes YT is censoring what is on their site. ToS is a statement of what they will censor. But it does not stand up to the same scrutiny as the Govmt doing the same.
edit on 1 5 2018 by NobodyToldMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Here's an update and real censorship: Logan Paul's channel was reviewed and is now view-able on YouTube. However, the lesser vbloggers known who shared about his video had theirs removed. As do many others who share less gruesome videos. He's a YouTube star and revenue bringer to them, so his stuff gets to stay. Not very fair now is it censorship wise?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

(crickets)

Game, set and match!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Should have put it on Vice.

Or not show it at all and show some respect for the dead.

I have no respect for censorship. Control freaks, if you don't want to see something look away, close your eyes, turn it off.
Its those that can't control their reactions to seeing something they don't like that ruins it for everyone else.

Thank you! Finally someone who sees things my way! Now will you tell that to the ATS admins who are constantly removing images of me pleasuring myself from the forums? Why ruin it for the people who DO enjoy it, right? If you dont like it, nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to keep looking...right??

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have had my own Youtube channel. I have friends and family who use it. We all love it. It's always good when you need something to watch.

This whole situation baffles and amazes me. What has the world come to when the first thing you do when you see a dead body, is get a camera out and film it?
It seems people's first reaction when a car crash or someone falls down the stairs is to film it. Forget helping them, I'll film them instead for some Facebook likes or Youtube subscriptions.
If he filmed it, fine. Take the video to the police and they deal with it. Don't parade it on your Youtube channel for likes. Horrible, disrespectful and down right wrong.

This is the world we live in now?

edit on Sat, 06 Jan 2018 04:57:08 -0600041812018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join