It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular YouTube vlogger suspended after filming/uploading dead body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: toysforadults
stop virtue signalling

there is nothing wrong with what he did it's real, raw and a part of life

faux outrage culture

just stop it

This is a problem with a lot of you millennials, lack of respect.

Oh excuse me, let's continue to hide reality and pretend these things don't exist.

It's better we sweep them under the rug and pretend things don't exist rather than expose what's happening in our "amazing" society.

Maybe you have no respect.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The irony in this thread is hilarious!

A post about a self-absorbed camwhore is filled with links to other self-absorbed camwhores opinions on the antics of one of their own.

How about lets not advertise these type of folks? They may just go away then.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
stop virtue signalling

there is nothing wrong with what he did it's real, raw and a part of life

faux outrage culture

just stop it

Wow okay.... you actually believe he did it "to be real, and raw"?

It's blatantly obvious that he filmed and uploaded it for the views which ultimately make him nice $$$

Unless you think filming himself snickering and asking "are you ####ing with us? Yo are you even alive?" to the fresh corpse of a person who died in such profound sadness is a normal part of society I'm glad to not be on the inside of your head.

Someone ####ing died ffs

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Youtube left the video up for 24 hours after it was flagged and there were numerous calls on SM to have it taken down. Youtube allowed it to trend on their website and it was ultimately the vlogger who deleted it, not Youtube.

To quell the outrage and impending PR disaster Youtube gave him one strike (3 strikes you're out) and released a statement.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

I think it was tasteless and he's clearly a douchebag, but I am shocked there are no responses defending his freedom of expression from any criticism or consequences.

This would be an easy situation to reduce to the simplest of interpretations.

edit on 1/4/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I heard about this too - And it hits close to home. Close enough that it still haunts me even though it's been 6 months. Won't go into details, but nothing prepared me for the amount of stress and how much it would impact me after. I was an emotional trainwreck months after, and fortunately, in my case the person called the hotline.

The only bone I'll throw his way is this: Even the best of us make mistakes; It's how we learn from them that make us who we are.

You know what a fitting punishment would be for the guy? Have him do volunteer work in three segments:
1. Have him listen to stories from friends and family of the deceased by this method.
2. Have him listen to people that tried, and fortunately (either by luck or choice), survived.
3. Have him participate in the annual clean up of the forest.

In my mind, he will truly be sorry then.
edit on 4/1/2018 by fossilera because: clarification

edit on 4/1/2018 by fossilera because:

edit on 4/1/2018 by fossilera because: edits

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

"Ignore".. I gave you a star...... but.( also would have given another for "Camho" but I can only do so once )

I uploaded Philip DF so others may get some context. You don't have to watch it. You implied this.

Edit: people such as myself watch YT. It's for entertainment. Remember kids do too.
However the creator's use this as a paycheck.

Logan uploaded.
Then switched to non monetise
To delete ( but by then it was copied and redistributed )

To oooops sorry.

If you'd like me to fix it. I will happily contact a MOD to do so.🤗
edit on 4-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: intrptr

Censorship? He broke YouTubes ToS. Funny how so many people don't understand what the hell censorship really is.

Control.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Should have put it on Vice.

Or not show it at all and show some respect for the dead.

I have no respect for censorship. Control freaks, if you don't want to see something look away, close your eyes, turn it off.
Its those that can't control their reactions to seeing something they don't like that ruins it for everyone else.

It has nothing to do with anything you said, I guess you can't teach some people what respect is.

I have Zero respect for people who try and control what others do say, listen to or see.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yep..good point there
My 11yo son told me about this whole brouhaha.He has never liked Logan Paul,calls him a name i cannot post due to T+C of ATS.But yes that Is an interesting point you raised.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You new wave of kids grow up lacking respect for others,more interested in yourself,worthless individual

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

To be fair..the dead guy made himself dead.When you commit suicide you can not always beforehand guarrantee who will find you.Especially in a place like Aokigahara,pretty much a public venue like a park.Is Logan Paul a lil d-head in general? A blithering lil idjit? Imo yes.But if you commit suicide in a notorious and fairly public place,you may be found by a total douchebag who will try to profit off your decision to exit here.I know this sounds harsh and judgemental but i try to always be fair and look at all sides of a matter.Actions and consequences..it is as simple as that.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Should have put it on Vice.

Or not show it at all and show some respect for the dead.

I have no respect for censorship. Control freaks, if you don't want to see something look away, close your eyes, turn it off.
Its those that can't control their reactions to seeing something they don't like that ruins it for everyone else.

It has nothing to do with anything you said, I guess you can't teach some people what respect is.

I have Zero respect for people who try and control what others do say, listen to or see.

And some of us have ZERO respect for others that have ZERO morals and respect...

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

To be fair..the dead guy made himself dead.When you commit suicide you can not always beforehand guarrantee who will find you.Especially in a place like Aokigahara,pretty much a public venue like a park.Is Logan Paul a lil d-head in general? A blithering lil idjit? Imo yes.But if you commit suicide in a notorious and fairly public place,you may be found by a total douchebag who will try to profit off your decision to exit here.I know this sounds harsh and judgemental but i try to always be fair and look at all sides of a matter.Actions and consequences..it is as simple as that.

The Japanese government is very involved in trying to stop this thing from getting out of hand. It isnt just this one person that went in and decided to commit suicide. Folks are all to often going into this forest TO commit suicide.
And it is called respect....
Respect for the deceased and the family
Respect for the Japanese people in general.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes i know all about Aokigahara.Imo the best way to have respect for yourself and your family is to not devastate their lives by committing suicide.Sorry if this sounds cruel but it is my opinion,my worldview,take it or leave it,you know? But it Is 2018 and every f-wad douchebag on the planet and all his/her friends have cellphones.It has come to the point where if you wish to exit here,you have to really Plan the location of your exit point.There has always been,and always will be douchebags like Logan Paul,just as there always have been and will be rapists.Plan accordingly.
edit on 5-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

edit on 5-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
piss you off if it was one of your relatives being filmed and laughed at wouldn't it

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I have several thoughts here...but for now im curious what happens when one of these prank guys is shot by a concealed carrier who feels their life is in danger. Like that dude who yells at you while smacking a cigarette out of your mouth. What an asshole.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

This is essentially victim blaming.

The guy hangin there dead isnt looking to be on youtube. The asshole with the camera is the one who made that choice

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Im not sure a japanese suocude forest has much relation to America.

Little snotrags with cameras and a youtube channel, however, is quite relatable.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The video wasn't monetized

Everyone is soo virtuous

Wonderful moral authority we have here. Maybe Japan shouldn't have suicide forest what's the deal with that?

I know I know. Everyone has to prove how good of a person they are.
edit on 5-1-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join