It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Will Soon Be Only For Low-Income and Sick Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: fiverx313
a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: Metallicus

cute.

do either of you have a real answer to that question, or do you just not care if poor people are sick and suffer and die?

I thought that was what we had Medicaid for?

Medicaid was not expanded to include all the poor and working-poor in every state. There are 33 states that accepted ObamaCare Medicaid expansion. The rest did not.
LIST: www.kff.org... =%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Health care is not an individual concern, it's a social one. Only things like cosmetic surgery, that are usually unnecessary for health, need be excluded from health plans.

No. As a middle-aged male, I don't want maternity care. But, ObamaCare forces everyone to have, and pay for, MATERNITY.
edit on 1/4/2018 by carewemust because: ATS is formatting some replies in a strange manner. WHAT gives?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And that's largely because of the way the funding for that expansion was structured. The Feds would mostly stop picking up the bill for it after a handful of years leaving the states on the hook for the intitially "free" money.

You tell me. In a state like Kansas where the teachers can consistently take the state to court and get the budget rewritten to whatever they want it to be so that education now comprises 49% of the state budget with no signs of slowing it's expansion, where were they going to find the means to also pay for the required funds for Medicaid expansion too?

And at what point do you set the cutoff for aid?

There will always be that group of people who don't qualify but almost do and will cry because of it.
edit on 4-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A very large number of Obama care recipients live in trump states. Minnesota, Wisconsin. And in Pennsylvania. They're the ones who voted for him and he's screwing them. Nice huh? Funny how popular Obama care got when people thought they were going to loose it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The federal government paid 100% of Medicaid expansion costs from 2012 to 2016. In 2017, states starting paying 5% of the bill. In 2020, the contribution from states will max out at 10%.

Even with the current 5% cap on contributions, states are catching hell, because Medicaid medical costs are so high. Medicaid-Expanded states will have to find a whopping $8.5 Billion in their budgets this year.

Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

But these cash-strapped states whine like crazy when Republicans talk about repealing the expansion. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
A very large number of Obama care recipients live in trump states. Minnesota, Wisconsin. And in Pennsylvania. They're the ones who voted for him and he's screwing them. Nice huh? Funny how popular Obama care got when people thought they were going to loose it.

Um Obama screwed them and everyone by not solving the corporate monopoly over affordable health care.

Someone had to flush the toilet on what Obama left floating in the bowl. Remember, keep your Dr. Save $2,500 a year. Obama is a fibber.

But it's all Trump's fault-think about it for just a moment.
edit on 4-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Trump won most states, sooo....follow the votes.

BTW...ObamaCare is NOT popular amongst those who contribute the most to society.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Um Obama screwed them and everyone by not solving the corporate monopoly over affordable health care.

BINGO!

All it was was Textbook Corporate Fascism.

But if you criticize it you get labelled a "Fascist" minority baby killer.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I laughed at that.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

BTW...ObamaCare is NOT popular amongst those who contribute the most to society.

I would imagine the mess of regular raw dogged over inflated insurance payments is very unpopular as well.

If our healthcare system was our cell plan, we would have changed a LONG LONG time ago.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

BINGO!

All it was was Textbook Corporate Fascism.

Try being a MAGNET for "label crowd". It's very rewarding when they confirm that you're on the winning side.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I would imagine the mess of regular raw dogged over inflated insurance payments is very unpopular as well.

If our healthcare system was our cell plan, we would have changed a LONG LONG time ago.

Actually, those over-inflated insurance premiums are NOT felt by most ObamaCare customers. Just today, one of my self-employed clients was thrilled when I confirmed that her monthly premium is only $126. Taxpayers are covering the rest of her $870 Blue Cross payment each month.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I imagine she is in moon beams and unicorn milk until the copay, deductibles and in/out of networks hits her where the sun doesn't shine.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I imagine she is in moon beams and unicorn milk until the copay, deductibles and in/out of networks hits her where the sun doesn't shine.

Because she had her accountant set her income at the ObamaCare "sweet spot" (Single $17,200), her copay is $5 and deductible is $500, for 2018.

That's another moving part that was designed into ObamaCare. The closer one's income gets to the Medicaid-eligibility threshold, the lower the deductible/out-of-pocket/copays become. Funding for this "feature" is what Trump stopped sending to health insurance companies in November 2017. But by law, the companies must follow the rules anyway! haha.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Will low income and disabled people still have "Access To" high deductibles that can force them into bankruptcy?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Bet she was happy then.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If only it werent true:

Meanwhile I have a friend he got hit with heart complications some years back, he'd have been left out when he needed it and been dead without Obamacare...

So there needs to be -something- here.

There needs to be a rational debate.

Which includes:

Of course we just gotta have a War on Terror / War on Drugs (same thing but for the wrong reasons), trillion dollar "Defense" (Offense) budgets, and expand wars into NK / Iran by trolling them for decades (even though we dont have the balls to do anything about all the other little dictators etc), the Pentagon "needs" to spend trillions of dollars black budget building Skynet, the elites 'need' to bootstrap their immortality projects into all of that endless under the radar budget vehicle, um yeah, cmon, America.

If we cut all that out how much is healthcare annual?

We'd still all find something else to fight about afterwards so stay positive everyone!!

edit on 4-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Health care is only rocket science because a rational single payer system will reduce profits.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

a reply to: Metallicus

cute.

do either of you have a real answer to that question, or do you just not care if poor people are sick and suffer and die?

I think the problem is that after ACA, alomg with the devaluation of the earning power of the middle class through QE related inflation, we are all " the poor"

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ironically enough, that there which isnt an accident, that orchestrated distribution of wealth, is all to do with 'health care', following all my years of research. But its about preventing tech immortality for the masses....

I have, I can, I will expose it, but I cant get this all the way out there to said masses not alone....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join