It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ deal gives Nunes access to 'all' documents, witnesses sought in Russia probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
While the FBI understandably is/was reluctant to share information regarding an ongoing investigation, particularly a politically-loaded one, that isn't their prerogative. Congressional oversight doesn't go on hiatus over ongoing investigations.
This sort of internal pissing match isn't extremely uncommon. Struggles between the three branches happen all the time.

Almost everything that happens in Congress is grandstanding. That doesn't mean the FBI wasn't resisting release of information. Nor does it mean it was legally justified. Contempt of Congress is a real thing, and it's sort of nebulous, so you're playing with fire.

I agree 100 percent.

My objection is that this is some massive conspiracy of the deep state. The people in the subpoenas were not Obama's folks. They were trumps.

In this situation they saw Nunes run off to the president with information a few months prior..

Now phallic waving I do agree with.

The dosier bringing down the political dark lords and the eye of sauron falling is also total speculation.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Where's Sillyol'me? Usually she's in threads like this arguing Hillary's case like her life depends on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: RadioRobert
While the FBI understandably is/was reluctant to share information regarding an ongoing investigation, particularly a politically-loaded one, that isn't their prerogative. Congressional oversight doesn't go on hiatus over ongoing investigations.
This sort of internal pissing match isn't extremely uncommon. Struggles between the three branches happen all the time.

Almost everything that happens in Congress is grandstanding. That doesn't mean the FBI wasn't resisting release of information. Nor does it mean it was legally justified. Contempt of Congress is a real thing, and it's sort of nebulous, so you're playing with fire.

I agree 100 percent.

Then why pretend to be incredulous?

Lol so your theory is Trump's cabinet picks are keeping information from one of his lap dogs? 

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It's dark in the swamp.

Things aren't always what they seem. Like Mueller and Gowdy being straight arrows.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here's the problem - the information is being released a full six months after it was requested. That alone should lead to resignations from everyone involved at the DoJ and FBI who stonewalled for so long. Over this six months you can be sure that there were discussions to align stories and concoct reasons for the content.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Where's Sillyol'me? Usually she's in threads like this arguing Hillary's case like her life depends on it.

good question

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Here's the problem - the information is being released a full six months after it was requested. That alone should lead to resignations from everyone involved at the DoJ and FBI who stonewalled for so long. Over this six months you can be sure that there were discussions to align stories and concoct reasons for the content.

Thank-goodness Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes stayed the course, and didn't let the deep-staters in the intelligence community intimidate him out of publishing the Republican MEMO.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join