It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPER BLUE Blood Moon ECLIPSE 1st time in 150 yrs! When to see it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
www.space.com...

January skywatchers are in for a rare treat: a Blue Moon, a total lunar eclipse and a supermoon all in the same month. Not every place on Earth will see the Blue Moon this month, because the second full moon of January won't technically appear in those places until Feb. 1. These places include regions in eastern Asia and eastern Australia, where skywatchers won't see the first full moon until Jan. 2 and the next full moon until the morning of Feb. 1. For example, in Melbourne, Australia, the full moon arrives on Jan. 2 at 1:24 p.m. local time, and the next full moon is on Feb. 1 at 1:26 a.m., so skywatchers will technically miss the Blue Moon by less than 2 hours.

So there will be a supermoon, a blue moon AND a total lunar eclipse all In one day/night - January 31st for us here in North America at least.
The total lunar eclipse will be 7am EST and that's about all I picked up from hearing about this on TV, and the above sources and one needs to be at highest point available for best viewing pleasure.

The man in the moon looks very different now to me from how it used to until the early 2000s.. and same for the sun's size and hue; I used to never confuse the two even in the early am and cloudy skies; now it's hard to tell any time of the day unless the sky is clear with no overcast which one is which; sign of the times

edit on 4-1-2018 by Planette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Very neat! But it seems every year, there is a new phase that hasn't been around in 150 years! How many are there?

edit on 4-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well I am looking forward to seeing it... if i can from where i am at. & even if not then I will find a video to watch of it.

It is interesting that it will go through 3 diff phases in one 24 hr period.

After seeing the video posted in this thread I found information that stated there was a super moon on Jan 1, 2018 to ring in the New Year. They are calling it the Wolf Moon and it just so happens that 2018 is the year of the Dog.

Now on the 31st we also get to see 3 spectacular moon phases, so yeah its living up to the alpha role i suppose.

leolady

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Blue moon only refers to there being two full moons in one month. Not an actual blue moon. Just in case people thought the moon would appear blue.
It only happens rarely because the moon is full every twenty eight days. The moon was full on new years and will be full again at the end of the month.
edit on 142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

It is interesting that it will go through 3 diff phases in one 24 hr period.

No. Just one phase. A full Moon.
A Lunar eclipse is not a phase and always occurs during a full Moon.
A blue Moon is not a phase either.

edit on 1/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

S&F Planette

I would hope with all the cosmological activities it might help those throughout the world who are right now battling in an invisible war...

Let's hope there's some positive energies come down to help create a shift and change..

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well that's just loony.

I'll mark the day, sounds like a howling good time.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Here is the moon I woke up to a couple days ago.

And then!

I don't remember seeing it that far east, either. Scared me. lol.

Got some afternoon pics of it too, from the day before.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: fluff007

S&F Planette

I would hope with all the cosmological activities it might help those throughout the world who are right now battling in an invisible war...

Let's hope there's some positive energies come down to help create a shift and change..

Thx Fluff for putting mere physical aligments into deeper perspective of their esoteric meaning and higher!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was wanting to say about this blood moon....it's God showin signs big time.....two supermoons in a row and then this one a blood moon.....we might not get to see this blood moon....we the English might fly away....

It's all about Israel.....nothing else matters for Historical reckoning......Israel gets hammered on a blood moon sometimes.....and Micah says look out .....Israel is due a reckoning sometime around the sign of the virgin with twelve stars for a crown......
edit on 4-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
www.space.com...

The man in the moon looks very different now to me from how it used to until the early 2000s.. and same for the sun's size and hue; I used to never confuse the two even in the early am and cloudy skies; now it's hard to tell any time of the day unless the sky is clear with no overcast which one is which; sign of the times

Seriously get your eyes checked if you think that

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sounds so Prophetic!

As if being a rare, blue moon – total lunar eclipse wasn’t a big enough deal already, it gets even more impressive. This full moon will be the third supermoon that we’ve had in a row. Any full or new moon that comes closer than 361,554.9 km of Earth technically counts as a supermoon.

The first one in this series of three occurred on December 3rd, 2017, the second on January 2nd, 2018 and this third one will be happening on January 31st, 2018.

I’m sure many of you are wondering where you will be able to enjoy this rare skywatching event. Western North America, Australia, Asia, the Pacific, and New Zealand are the lucky ones that will be on the nighttime side of Earth to view this total lunar eclipse.

Totality, or when the moon is entirely inside Earth’s umbral shadow will last 77 minutes.
globalrealnews.com...
www.ridingthebeast.com...

Get a little scary with the Georgia Guide stones business when I think of the Kangaroos in Australia. Millions and millions of dear roos and no virus no bacteria no parisite no genetic reason no poison. Sure hope it is not a test.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

edit on 13-1-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join