It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argh !!! Those Damn Tax Cuts are TERRIBLE FOR AMERICANS !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: face23785

It sounds like you don't understand the social contract.

If that is true don't expect the fire department to help you, foreign powers to invade you, and don't use roads or bridges, don't put your kids in public school either..

It actually doesn't sound like that at all. Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

What that our forefathers used John locke and rosseau as guides and created representitive taxation?

Sorry buddy. Take it up with the legislature your tacit support for this is by using what taxes pay for.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What that our forefathers used John locke and rosseau as guides and created representitive taxation?

Sorry buddy. Take it up with the legislature your tacit support for this is by using what taxes pay for.

When the only way you can argue is completely misrepresent what I said, you've failed. And I did take it up with my legislators. The bill passed, like I wanted it to. Go cry to your legislators.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Cry over what?

Ahhh you live in a dichotomy

Funny how triggered you got there.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It looks like we'll all have to deal with the fact that taxes are cut, as sad and devastating as that may be.

Now for everyone suddenly concerned with the 20 trillion in debt, I agree with you.

We need to start drastically cut the size and scope of government!

That way these horrible tax cuts and the tragic burden of keeping more of your own money may be alleviated somewhat.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree.

However as cynical as I am and old as I have become I don't celebrate until the song is over. Since it just started I am cautious.

Why? Busts, wars, and spending. We don't even have to cut. I have watched people here on at completely ridicule rand paul in favor of the Republican party when he holds out to freeze spending so the budget will balance in 8 years...

I lived through the Reagan cut, then the largest tax increase in history unDer the same man, I lived through the Clinton budget balance only to find it smoke and mirrors with false housing propups to create a major recession we just got out of...

Yeah I am cynical but I wish people would stop saying oh you libs just don't understand. As of there are two sides to this.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Well before you get too excited, AT&T is getting sued for laying off 4,600 workers after promising all of their wonderful bonuses...

link: arstechnica.com...

I mean other than that, the tax cut is legit.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Good things happen when the government spends money. Maybe this will shut up the deficit hawks for good.

Allowing us to keep more of our private earnings is not "the government spend[ing] money."

It is, however, the government taking less of my money by threat of imprisonment if I do not give it to them. And it's about time, too, because the size of our government and the frivolous ways in which they spend our perpetually increasing tax burden is out of control.

This is hopefully the first step in overall spending reform at the federal level--our government is obviously incapable of reducing spending with tons of cashing incoming every year, so reducing that cash will hopefully lead to necessary cuts.
edit on 5-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It is a stimulus at least from the government. Republicans promised that this stimulus will pay our debts, interest, shrink the deficit, higher wages.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm going to be getting about $7.00 more a week temporarily, so hurray, I guess.

I'm going to have to save it for when my taxes get even higher in 2027.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Getting sued by the unions because union workers are getting axed in lieu of using subcontractors who most likely do work of equal quality but cost much less overall for the company.

I can't say that I blame AT&T at all for such a move.

Basically, the union is saying that the subcontractors should be fired, not their union people. They really don't actually care about the loss of jobs, just about which class of worker is losing said jobs.

And quite honestly, a company shouldn't have to explain itself when it decides that terminations are in the best interest of the company, no matter if it's for financial reasons or work performance.

ETA: Yes, I fully understand the claim that AT&T is violating a union agreement, but AT&T says that this is a baseless claim. I guess that we'll let the courts sort it out, if it comes to that.
edit on 5-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Cry over what?

Ahhh you live in a dichotomy

Funny how triggered you got there.

Lol now you have to call me triggered because you can't actually respond to the substance of my posts. I accept your concession.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It looks like we'll all have to deal with the fact that taxes are cut, as sad and devastating as that may be.

Now for everyone suddenly concerned with the 20 trillion in debt, I agree with you.

We need to start drastically cut the size and scope of government!

That way these horrible tax cuts and the tragic burden of keeping more of your own money may be alleviated somewhat.

Refer to this post. The tax bill is unlikely to add to the deficit.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Substance?

Where was that?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
I'm going to be getting about $7.00 more a week temporarily, so hurray, I guess.

I'm going to have to save it for when my taxes get even higher in 2027.

The only way your taxes will go up in 2027 is if Democrats continue to filibuster bills that would make the new tax rates permanent. Call your congressmen/women.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't care what the claimed promises were, I'm just talking about real-world facts, and the fact is not that the government is spending money in order to reduce tax rates, it's just taking less from us.

That cannot be disputed, because any intelligent human being knows that you cannot budget with money that you don't yet have.

The "cost of tax cuts" is a fallacious argument, but a favorite tool for mouthpieces in government who want to fight against cutting taxes. It's meant to be a scare tactic, but it's thinly veiled, if veiled at all. Sadly, though, many people latch on to the claim and consider it somehow a scary idea that the federal government is going to take less money from us.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The tax bills may not add debt. But the lack of revenue for spending and unpredictable global events is what does.

Everyone who cuts taxes has said the same and since Reagan they have all added debt and required tax increases.

Reagan evendors had a congress that worked bipartisan.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Well no but this is what adds debt

Watch: Rand Paul savagely takes down new Republican budget that adds trillions in debt

www.theblaze.com...

Rand is critisized every year by his party for holding out on the budget vote..

Every year...

So if it were me. I would have started with the budget freeze while working on a tax cut that could manage the budget proposals.
edit on 5-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well no but this is what adds debt

Watch: Rand Paul savagely takes down new Republican budget that adds trillions in debt

www.theblaze.com...

Rand is critisized every year by his party for holding out on the budget vote..

Every year...

So if it were me. I would have started with the budget freeze while working on a tax cut that could manage the budget proposals.

A fighter plane used to cost 40,000 bucks in 1940. Now it costs 100 million bucks. That's the result of inflation. Money printing. It don't matter if it's trillions, or quadrillions. It's something we learn to live with.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You have an opinion.
Our elected lawmakers matter because I live here too. They made the promises for millions to hear.
I don’t care if the tax rate is 90% if it will keep our country safe. That’s why we are told we are still in the ME.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join