It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argh !!! Those Damn Tax Cuts are TERRIBLE FOR AMERICANS !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thank you for this, the leftist will be here to correct you and tell you”nuh uh, we’re all gonna die”, just a heads up bro.

S+F

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There is no need to take more from poor and sick. The republicans, the rich, they got what they wanted. Why can’t they leave others alone and be happy for themselves?

"Why can't they leave others alone"

Uhm, giving more money to nonearners that was sourced by taking it out of earner's pockets is sort of the antithesis of "leaving people alone." We deficit hawks didn't get entirely what we wanted, but we will in 2018... as the GOP proves once and for all that it is absolutely possible to cut taxes and reduce, if not eliminate, the deficit... all while the economy booms, the market soars, and the Earth doesn't spin off it's axis. Like I said, beautiful things are a' coming this year!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We will never pay off 20 trillion. Before we do, there will be war to fund and natural disasters. But it’s good now and maybe the millennial will have opportunity for better careers. It’s Proven deficits don’t matter and we can have our social programs too.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We will never pay off 20 trillion.

Who cares!

AT least we get free gmo food,healthcare,and education.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It’s Proven deficits don’t matter and we can have our social programs too.

Who proved this?

And FWIW, deficit spending adds to the $20 Trillion+ debt, but is not the same as the debt. Just because we allowed ourselves to get stuck with a ridiculous bill doesn't mean we should keep using the credit card and rack it up even higher.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don’t care that this tax cut adds to the deficit. Or not. I like spending money. Money begets more money. If it goes the way predicted, wonderful. If it doesn’t, oh well, deficits don’t matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

AT&T -- $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 employees; $1 billion increase in capital expenditures.

You really don't follow the news, do you?

Those $1,000 bonuses were handed out just before ATT announced new "layoffs".

These bonuses were to appease those who would be laid off in the near future.

So, the employees got a one time bonus, but lost their jobs.

AT&T sued over layoffs—after promising more investment because of tax cut

We lift a quote from the article:

Guide to good business:
1. Promise $1000 bonus to employees on condition of tax cut
2. Get tax cut
3. Lay off all employees eligible for bonus
4. Keep bonuses
5. Profit

So one has to continually follow "all the news" to get the real picture of what is going on.

Don't just select what you want to hear. Look further.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I like spending money.

Then by all means, spend your own while leaving those of us more stingy alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I don’t care that this tax cut adds to the deficit. Or not. I like spending money. Money begets more money. If it goes the way predicted, wonderful. If it doesn’t, oh well, deficits don’t matter.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you do not control the finances in your home.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I’m “ monitored” by my son, mr business degree.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I’m “ monitored” by my son, mr business degree.

Do you wonder why? Or has he told you that you might have a problem.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

He says I don’t know how to no. I’ve been to a lot of funerals. Every one of them left their riches behind for someone else to spend.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Most people love those listed in their will enough that leaving their legacy behind is a final act of love, not a sign of their own thwarted greed in having failed to spend it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

triggered....

lol

Maybe you should read the article too. A worker's union is filing a law suit because AT & T is going to lay off said worker's union members because for years the unions have been abusing their legal power to extort overpriced salaries. I won't argue that all worker's unions are bad but the day of worker's unions actually being about the worker are nostalgic and they are as political if not more than the greedy executives of the same companies.

That's all you have? You hyperventilating liberals are hilarious.

I am loving Trump will be in your heads for the next 7 years.

edit on 4-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That’s one way of seeing things. I’m glad for the inheritance I got. I spent it. I paid cash for a house.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
As long as these idiots can control spending I have to commend congress for once. It only took about 20 years.

The battle isn't over though. We need to stay out of foreign wars and work towards a budget balance.

But the business tax cut is looking good so far.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How terrible this tax bill is, Spoiling employees with bonuses is bad. The Republicans should be held accountable for this action.

My daughter has a small business, she will benefit a little by this but not to much. One good thing is that she will not have to take all the money out of the corporation so it will be available when needed. Before she would have to take out a salary so she did not have to pay corporate taxes plus regular taxes when she took it out. She will be able to keep more in the business accounts with lower taxes. She does not gain enough to give extra bonuses to employees, although she did give a little Christmas bonus.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

wait a minute.

if republicans are right, and companies dont really pay tax, as that is just passed on to the consumer, where are they getting all this extra dough from?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Good things happen when the government spends money. Maybe this will shut up the deficit hawks for good.

Taking less of our earnings is not equivalent to the government spending money. Good things happen when Uncle Sam takes less money from working Americans, GREAT things happen when he takes less and cuts actual, honest to God spending. Welfare, put your head on Ryan's chopping block now, you're up next.

Well said. That post demonstrated the entire problem with the left's thinking. They fundamentally misunderstand what taxes are. It's not the government's money.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It sounds like you don't understand the social contract.

If that is true don't expect the fire department to help you, foreign powers to invade you, and don't use roads or bridges, don't put your kids in public school either..
edit on 5-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join