It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most advanced technology is right in front of you, literally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just had a thought. Before physical incarnation, we exist as light, monad, soul, etheric body, etc. In order for us to grow and have experiences, we needed a vehicle that the "soul" can reside in. Your body, and the body of any physical living creature is the most advanced form of tech we have and most do not even realize it. That is all.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpsideDownWorld

A good thought and i agree

:-)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That is until we build something better or create an AI the does it for us.

Humanity 2.0 is not that far off in the distant future.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'll tend to disagree.

I think we're way too far to understand the human existence yet.

We don't even know how the brain works.

Things will change when we understand consciousness. It is the next revolution.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpsideDownWorld
Your body, and the body of any physical living creature is the most advanced form of tech we have and most do not even realize it.

Except for the eventual inevitable decay and death part, you're right!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I think water is the greatest invention. It can be so wewk that you can stand in it, yet so strong that nothing can stop it

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
DNA is the software;
rest is just hardware.
who wrote the code?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
close men.....

our new bodies will be better than these we have now even...

2.0 comingright up....but we don't have the ability...where will our new bodies come from then......hint....they're corruptible as hey are now.....soon we will put on incorruptible.....

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I don't think we will ever understand or have the capacity to understand the totality of existence or consciousness.

As to how the brain works and/or how our consciousness resides or originates from such well we are making progress in that area rather rapidly.

Might turn out brains are connected to the quantum realm in ways we have yet to fully realize.

Best way to understand something is to build it from scratch which is where AI comes in to play with regards to us understanding our own consciousness.

The next revolution will be in artificial intelligence if it does what it says on the tin. And then we will either become extinct having served our races biological prerogative or change ourselves in something rather more robust i imagine.

edit on 5-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
DNA is the software;
rest is just hardware.
who wrote the code?

Good question. I think we did. Hard to explain.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpsideDownWorld
Good question. I think we did. Hard to explain.

Rupert Sheldrake makes a pretty good attempt. The past influenced by the future through quantum interfaces in the cells. The shape of the future resonates backwards through time to modify the shapes of the present and past.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

G, Pi, and Phi have something to do with the code.

As to who wrote the code? Chaos may very well have spawned such.

"I think we did."

If so, only in so much as our own iteration of such, considering the sheer size and scope of the universe, nevermind the fact that 95-96% of such is still unobservable and hence rather mysterious.

"Hard to explain"

Once we are able to measure the individual Planck unit things may become more clear as to an explanation or confirmation regarding the holographic principle which may lead to further understanding.

en.wikipedia.org... Chaos theory
en.wikipedia.org... Holographic principle
en.wikipedia.org... Planck units

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Kind of negates our perception of time being linear(locally at least).

If that is the case then all manner of scenarios become tangible and cause and effect become rather irrelevant.

But quantum mechanics might just be the ticket.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: vinifalou

As to how the brain works and/or how our consciousness resides or originates from such well we are making progress in that area rather rapidly.

Its a very interesting field. Was reading recently of Holonomic brain theory. Its been proven that a memory doesn't exist at a single location of brain, So the brain might be using holographic associative memory to store memory in interference patterns of neural activity. So the brain doesn't rely on single neurons but a network of neurons to retrieve memory.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The interesting part is that own brain initiates/influences our decision-making process even before we make a decision.

The implication being there is a hell of a lot more to understand regarding the notion of free will that we assume we possess.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: andy06shake

I'll tend to disagree.

I think we're way too far to understand the human existence yet.

We don't even know how the brain works.

Things will change when we understand consciousness. It is the next revolution.

"We don't even know how the brain works."

Is something you hear with regularity, but it's entirely false. We do know how the brain works. We may not know how to identify where a particular memory is stored, we certainly DO know where the memory is stored. We know so much about the brain it's ridiculous.

The part we don't know; isn't so much about the brain, it's about consciousness. We don't know much about the driver of the vehicle, or how the driver drives the vehicle, but we know how the vehicle works.

We'll never understand consciousness to the extent you're talking about. We'll create an artificial one [A.I.]. It won't take us one step closer to actually understanding where the driver is, or why the driver is, driving the brain vehicle.
edit on 6-1-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Why wont it offer insight?

We work with the tools we have available, and if not we build and design new tools to address the problem.

Its kind of humanities thing along with our penchant for destruction.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Along these lines I have often thought how as human beings we create machines using the materials and processes available to us such as hydrualics, plastics and electrical wires. Could it be possible that another form of intelligence built us with the building materials and processes available to it? As an example our brains react and send out electric pulses through our nervous system similar to the electric pulses we send through electrical wiring into our machines. We use plastics and polymers to mimic our skin in some of our creations. Our skin could be its form of plastics and polymers. Anyway, just a passing thought as far as the shells we inhabit. Our spirit energy is another realm of possibilities all together. I am a firm believer that whatever I can think of in my minds eye (or anyone else for that matter) has already come to fruition or will sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Jeez, people are ate up with Lucifer these days.

How about that soul, independent of the mortal body? Useless tech? You only like the flesh puppets?

top topics

join