It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Empire Strikes Back - FIRE AND FURY going on sale 4 days early

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, another thread about the book. In response to Trump's lawyers' demand, the publisher has decided to release the book four days early, meaning that you can pick up a copy in just a few hours:

source

“Due to unprecedented demand, we are moving the on-sale date for all formats of 'Fire and Fury,' by Michael Wolff, to Friday, January 5, at 9 a.m. ET, from the current on-sale date of Tuesday, January 9,” a spokesman for publisher Henry Holt and Company told Fox News in an email.

After news broke that the publishers were moving up publication, Wolff tweeted: “Here we go. You can buy it (and read it) tomorrow. Thank you, Mr. President.”

The books will actually have mostly been shipped to and arrived at stores ordering them, though stores have undoubtedly increased orders by now. Modern printing methods mean they can actually do a run of books quite quickly to meet a demand. In addition, electronic publishing means that the material can be delivered to the reader almost instantly.

The publishers who took the Wolfe contract are rolling in dough for the moment and Wolfe will (unlike most authors) get a very nice chunk of cash for his work (not tomorrow, but paid out every six months starting sometime next year because that's how royalties work.) I expect the book will have an initial sales spike and then be remaindered within 8 months. It doesn't have the earmarks of a long term classic.

Trump's style has been to play "chicken" with others, relying on money and name to win his case. In this case, it did not work.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I have a trip coming up next week. I'm thinking this might be an amusing read for the flight.

*edited to add that I think it's mostly going to be a rehash of some of the things we've already seen and speculated about... like any other celebrity "tell all" book. I think that if Trump hadn't created a furor over it, it would have had a much smaller print run and much shorter shelf life.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Good for the publishers!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It’s hysterical to watch the [hysterical] mainstream media praise Bannon...
Especially after their breathlessness over his “white nationalism” in the early days of his employment as trumps strategist...

And to hear the leftists on ATS citing him as a reputable source is hilarious in its hypocrisy...
SNL portrayed Bannon as the grim reaper for Christ’s sake...

But I digress...

He was clearly the leaker and his sensibilities are more in line with a 7th grade gossipy cheer leader [with a drinking/drug problem] ...

Have fun getting fired from breitbart tomorrow, Mr Bannon...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Good. It will give Trumps followers more to talk about, deny, blame, name call, defend Trump, and show that they clearly know more than the people who actually know and have worked with Trump do!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Especially after their breathlessness over his “white nationalism” in the early days of his employment as trumps strategist...

And to hear the leftists on ATS citing him as a reputable source is hilarious in its hypocrisy...

i have yet to see either of those things -- praise for bannon or points to him for reliability.

the story is that he's supposedly turned on trump in making these remarks and is causing a schism among the internet morons he rallied to trump's side in the first place.

i hope that clears it up for you!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

But I digress...

He was clearly the leaker and his sensibilities are more in line with a 7th grade gossipy cheer leader [with a drinking/drug problem] ...

Have fun getting fired from breitbart tomorrow, Mr Bannon...

-Chris

I guess you forgot all of the great things Trump said about Bannon. Trump said fantastic things about him! Oh wait he did the same exact thing with Coney. Funny how Trump changes his tune all of the time, when it suits him!!!

KNOCK, KNOCK.....who's there? MULLER!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

No, it's more hysterical to watch the cat fight between the President and one of his closest former advisers and confidants (or everyone else he fights with). It's like a disease attacking itself.

The circus is not even a fraction this amusing.
edit on 4-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i have yet to see either of those things -- praise for bannon or points to him for reliability.

the story is that he's supposedly turned on trump in making these remarks and is causing a schism among the internet morons he rallied to trump's side in the first place.

i hope that clears it up for you!

If anything, Bannons hiring by then-candidate Trump turned me off...rightfully it would seem...

But who knows, I’m just a deplorable or perhaps a “moron” to quote your assumption that anyone who supported Bannon was below your intellectual station...

-Chris
edit on 4-1-2018 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Awww.

Good old obedience...ähh... the other thing. I feel played like a fiddle but it's a pretty decent marketing gag. Might as well giggle along for now, as if none of all this was to be expected.

#Revelationaissance
#Bookrevolution
#PublishEnemy

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I already have my pantry stocked with Happy Meal's.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I already have my pantry stocked with Happy Meal's.

Good thing, too. Their shelf-life is greater than that of human beings, and probably the solar system.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Coney and Muller? Who the hell are Coney and Muller?

Were you in such a rush to pound out your Trump rage on the keyboard and run to the next Trump thread that you made errors or do really not even know the correct names?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Is it too late to nominate FIRE and FURY for the FAKE NEWS awards to be hosted by President Trump this coming Monday?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It’s hysterical to watch the [hysterical] mainstream media praise Bannon... Especially after their breathlessness over his “white nationalism” in the early days of his employment as trumps strategist...

Genuine question: where is all this praise of Bannon from the media? I feel like his continued, and vocal, support of Trump has washed out any of this supposed good will I keep hearing about on ATS that the media has for him all of a sudden.

If I've somehow missed it entirely, I'm all for it calling a spade a spade. But I haven't seen it so....

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It still hasn't even come close to the Clinton/Dick Morris feud...

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Liquesence

It still hasn't even come close to the Clinton/Dick Morris feud...

Pretty much surpasses it.

Quantity and substance over quality.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It’s hysterical to watch the [hysterical] mainstream media praise Bannon... Especially after their breathlessness over his “white nationalism” in the early days of his employment as trumps strategist...

Genuine question: where is all this praise of Bannon from the media? I feel like his continued, and vocal, support of Trump has washed out any of this supposed good will I keep hearing about on ATS that the media has for him all of a sudden.

If I've somehow missed it entirely, I'm all for it calling a spade a spade. But I haven't seen it so....

I think it's more 'Holy crap, look at the dumpster fire over there' than anything else. That said, I am wondering what Wolff has on tape. Or electronic voice recorder, that's the way I record interviews.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If anything, Bannons hiring by then-candidate Trump turned me off...rightfully it would seem...

But who knows, I’m just a deplorable or perhaps a “moron” to quote your assumption that anyone who supported Bannon was below your intellectual station...

-Chris

if i called bannon fanboys morons... and you're not a bannon fanboy... why would you assume i'm calling you a moron?

but you're right, i should qualify that. 'internet morons, white supremacists, and general assholes' should give a better overview of the bannon fanclub.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Belief without question is faith and, therefore, definable as praise...

My words are always measured...they have to be

-Chris

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join