It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair says "Fire and Fury" filled with falsehood and lies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What would the trump campaign be doing in the UK ?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The book isn't about the campaign. It's about the trump Whitehouse.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Blair has zero respect in the UK. We've got three political parties and none of them would piss on the guy if he was on fire.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What does the British Intel have to do with Christopher Steele and his dealing and business? They couldn't tell him to do or not do anything. He was a private businessman not MI any longer. You think they're obligated for life or something?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Blair is a war criminal and should be in prison!

Don't believe a damn thing that comes out of his mouth, vile person.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Set himself up a little card table when he wasn't planted on the couch. Probably had his phone recording every conversation he could capture.

I don't give Bannon a whole lot of credit and I'm unfamiliar with Michael Wolfe. This is another he said he said they said she said things. There are probably lots of truth and lots of fiction. It's just more fodder for the masses to consume.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There's nothing fraudulent about that statement. What's wrong with it? Are you saying we're not divided ? Because you know we are. Just look at these pages here.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, here we have Tony Blair, former PM of England, chiming in on the new bestselling novel by Michael Wolff. Problem is, he, like our president, it calling it a complete fabrication.

This is from the book.....

“On this trip the now freelance diplomat, perhaps seeking to prove his usefulness to this new White House, mentioned a juicy rumour: the possibility that the British had had the Trump campaign staff under surveillance, monitoring its telephone calls and other communications and possibly even Trump himself,” Wolff writes.

Link

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Thursday rejected claims he warned Donald Trump’s aides that they and Trump were under surveillance by British spies during the U.S. election campaign, calling the allegations “complete fabrication, literally from beginning to end.”

So here we have a story about a foreign National that sure sounds good but never happened. Like Melania crying when he won. It is all a great 'story' that has not real basis in fact it seems.

Now, he does confirm that he did meet with Jared Kushner at one time but what is in the book is complete falsehood.

The former British prime minister told the BBC’s Today Program Thursday that the claims were not correct. Blair did say that he had met Jared Kushner, the U.S. president’s son-in-law, but stated the meetings were “to discuss the Middle East peace process.” Blair denied he had been “angling for a job,” which the book is said to describe as a post-election Middle East adviser role. He said he hadn’t sought one and had not been offered one.

So, again, this book is a big pile of nothing. Lies. Lies....and more lies. I mean, how many misquotes are needed to make it non-fiction?

Speaking as a British person, I wouldn't believe Tony Blair if he said that the sky was blue. He is... well, words fail me.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The leftist in this thread are calling the OP for tryin to take the word of a former PM, yet graciously and obsessively gloat about a book from an author known to embellish many things, it’s too comical to see these hypocrites, hey as long as it’s against Trump, the lefties don’t care.

Waiting for the first idiot to cite this book in any meaningful discussion.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
funny how people dont believe blair, but believe wolff who is known for lying.....

haha

And you are a few biscuits short of a biscuit barrel. Garibaldi...?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Willtell

He isn't ?

Trying to cash in on the Trump hate ?

Why yes that's what all friends do.

Have you ever read anything by Wolff?

I have, his books are just like conventional political books of the day.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So you have done it mostly you $^%$^%$. Derailed the thread to making it about Blair and NOT about the statements.

It is not just Blair but then again anyone even remotely attached to the Trump campaign or WH will be called a liar by all of you who hate him so much.

So, are all of the quotes in the book true other than Mr Blair?

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-04T18:13:10-06:000610 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

All they got is hearsay.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Are you grabbing at straw-men? If you curse us Brits for informing you how untrustworthy Tony Bliar is, I don't know what else to say or do except pour a bucket of ridicule upon you and your assertions and other members who would believe the lies this man speaks constantly. There really can be no other course of action, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

All they got is hearsay.

Incorrect. You appear to be carrying a bucket or two full of horse-#. It stinks but it is good for Roses. Us Brits love Roses. Well, I do anyway...
Just leave it at the door, I'll take care of the rest.

edit on 4/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The leftist in this thread are calling the OP for tryin to take the word of a former PM, yet graciously and obsessively gloat about a book from an author known to embellish many things, it’s too comical to see these hypocrites, hey as long as it’s against Trump, the lefties don’t care.

No, all people are saying is that it’s not wise to rely on the word of a known liar in any dispute regarding truth.

And a politician at that who participated in one of the worst incidents in the 21st century, The Iraq holocaust, by LYING.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Wolff maybe protected himself here.

Scoop: Wolff taped interviews with Bannon, top officials
Michael Wolff has tapes to back up quotes in his incendiary book — dozens of hours of them.

www.axios.com...

Among the sources he taped, I'm told, are Steve Bannon and former White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh.

So that's going to make it harder for officials to deny embarrassing or revealing quotes attributed to them in "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," out Tuesday.
In some cases, the officials thought they were talking off the record. But what are they going to do now?
Although the White House yesterday portrayed Wolff as a poseur, he spent hours at a time in private areas of the West Wing, including the office of Reince Priebus when he was chief of staff.
The White House says Wolff was cleared for access to the West Wing fewer than 20 times.
Wolff, a New Yorker, stayed at the Hay Adams Hotel when he came down to D.C., and White House sources frequently crossed Lafayette Park to meet him there.

edit on 4-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

After a year of Rapist,tax cheat,Russian puppet, Russia stolen the election,Golden showers.

Yeah Blair is.

But what the hell ever.

Well, you could have left out the peepee tapes, the rest still bad enough though

Thing is, in some ways none of it really matters if there are falsies in the book. While I think there is too much known elsewhere and to be able to say that a deal of it is true, it's just another episode of very poor judgement on Trump's part, as this writer had the run of the White House, and got to learn what the administration really thought of the boss, and what they did know, rather than a glossy, 'Make America Great Again' presentation...and who knows, maybe the rabbit-hole is really much worse.
As for any falsehood's from Tony Blair, what happened over Iraq was a great disappointment to me, and there is no doubt that Blair knew that WMD was a fallacy, and instead of using advised caution went the opposite way increasing the hype, in the same way as Bush did....history is full of stuff like that, and when so many people die needlessly...it's our fault, the people's fault though, our heads of state have too much power, Blair was able to pull it off, being so successful in government up till then.
Trump is a different kettle of fish, with a background bad enough to make your teeth curl before any political leanings, as well as being stupid.
Trump diminishes his power by the tweet, and is nigh impotent even now, regardless of his power, he daren't even fire Mueller now, and he knows it.
To me, any supporter of Trump, should end their unequivocal support, go out on the back porch and think hard and long as to where this is all going, there is not much in his promises, a lot of things that used to be big jobs are just not there anymore, things have changed as Dylan would say.
Alternative and clean industries could pave a new way, but Trump is only in for the cheap shot, opening mines again only sounds good, but it's not a way forward for the long run.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

WTF is wrong with you haters?

Bottom line is, do you think Blair is lying about saying what is in the book is not true. I know his fukin history and Bush and all the other warhawks #heads but they are not in office thank god.

Is it so hard for you that feel such a hatred of a man to have clear sight and answer ONE F'N question?

This book is however better than Clintons...hers was all fiction...

strawmen....

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-04T23:29:16-06:001116 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

And the alt right will believe a war criminal and a swamp creature such as Blair as long as it pro the orange messiah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join