It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair says "Fire and Fury" filled with falsehood and lies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So, here we have Tony Blair, former PM of England, chiming in on the new bestselling novel by Michael Wolff. Problem is, he, like our president, it calling it a complete fabrication.

This is from the book.....

“On this trip the now freelance diplomat, perhaps seeking to prove his usefulness to this new White House, mentioned a juicy rumour: the possibility that the British had had the Trump campaign staff under surveillance, monitoring its telephone calls and other communications and possibly even Trump himself,” Wolff writes.

Link

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Thursday rejected claims he warned Donald Trump’s aides that they and Trump were under surveillance by British spies during the U.S. election campaign, calling the allegations “complete fabrication, literally from beginning to end.”

So here we have a story about a foreign National that sure sounds good but never happened. Like Melania crying when he won. It is all a great 'story' that has not real basis in fact it seems.

Now, he does confirm that he did meet with Jared Kushner at one time but what is in the book is complete falsehood.

The former British prime minister told the BBC’s Today Program Thursday that the claims were not correct. Blair did say that he had met Jared Kushner, the U.S. president’s son-in-law, but stated the meetings were “to discuss the Middle East peace process.” Blair denied he had been “angling for a job,” which the book is said to describe as a post-election Middle East adviser role. He said he hadn’t sought one and had not been offered one.

So, again, this book is a big pile of nothing. Lies. Lies....and more lies. I mean, how many misquotes are needed to make it non-fiction?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Your case against the book depends on believing Tony Blair? Is that wise?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If Tony Blair says something my first instinct is to believe the opposite.

He'd be more likely to be on Hitlery's side than Donalds, them two are in lock step.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So here we have a story about a foreign National that sure sounds good but never happened. Like Melania crying when he won. It is all a great 'story' that has not real basis in fact it seems.

Because Blair is known for his truthfulness ?
Angling for a well paid job where he doesn't have to do much seems like his style to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So, again, this book is a big pile of nothing. Lies. Lies....and more lies. I mean, how many misquotes are needed to make it non-fiction?

Said the war criminal. Sounds totally legit, I'll subjugate to authority!

He should know, right? That's pretty hillaryous, all the stars for you!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If the Trump campaign wasn't under surveillance while in the UK, then MI6 (or whoever) isn't doing their job.

Do you really believe foreign governments aren't under constant surveillance while in one anothers country?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
blair? why is this repulsive slag still bleating his delusions and getting ANY media coverage? he deserves neither the oxygen of publicity, or oxygen itself. the reptile should be rotting in a cold dark cell.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm sure there's quite a bit that's inaccurate in Wolff's book given the author. That said, Bannon hasn't disputed that he said what's quoted, Trump went on a rant against Bannon based on what Bannon is quoted as having said and Trump's lawyers sent Bannon a C&D which doesn't make sense if Bannon didn't say what is quoted.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
blair? why is this repulsive slag still bleating his delusions and getting ANY media coverage? he deserves neither the oxygen of publicity, or oxygen itself. the reptile should be rotting in a cold dark cell.

I reckon if one of the main political parties had it in their manifesto that they would bring Blair to court on war crimes charges, they would stand a good chance of winning

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The more you learn about the book's author, the more you realize that it's not even worth the paper it is printed on.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I know you are not a fan but I am telling you read "Let Trump be Trump". If gives some real insight to Bannon and Manfort and why a lot of this happened.

It also shows the infighting during the campaign and exactly why some of these 'leaks' are coming out I should say.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Going into the WH, presenting himself as a 'friend" was a low-life dirty dog thing to do, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If the British Did have Trump an company under surveillance they would have never allowed Steele to publish that dossier.

DOH!

Remember that guy. EX Mi 6.

At this point 360 days in to this administration.

Blair is more credible than Trump haters.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So, here we have Tony Blair, former PM of England, chiming in on the new bestselling novel by Michael Wolff. Problem is, he, like our president, it calling it a complete fabrication.

And in your fantasy universe, this is something to accept at face value?

You could have said “So, here we have Pinocchio, former wooden toy” and it would be a hell of a lot more believable.

PS: It’s PM of the United Kingdom*.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Blair is more credible than Trump haters.

Congratulations! You just won the special prize for the most ridiculous statement of the day.

A bottle of kool-aid is yours, gratis!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Tony Blair is a known liar too and war criminal

In fact his lies caused thousands of lives

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

After a year of Rapist,tax cheat,Russian puppet, Russia stolen the election,Golden showers.

Yeah Blair is.

But what the hell ever.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The writer of this book IS NOT a Trump hater

Neither are his sources

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He isn't ?

Trying to cash in on the Trump hate ?