It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Show me one vendor that claims vaping is a safe alternative to smoking. Just ONE. Then, when you can’t find me just one vendor that claims this, go ahead and tell me why you can’t find one.

because it's against the law to claim that it is a safe alternative to smoking due to lack of FDA approval for e-cigarettes as cessation devices

Yes, and why is that? Is it because vaping hasn’t been proven to be safe?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Vaping is so obnoxious. Every time I see someone in public blowing that crap everywhere, I'm yelling in my head, "WE GET IT. YOU VAPE."
The worst is when someone does it inside. Still, it's better than cigarettes both for first hand and second hand inhalation.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Caver78
People have been dripping for YEARS at this point,
Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most I know don't even use tobacco flavored juice or anything with nicotine.
Lighten up!!!

It’s not the nicotine that is the most dangerous part. You think vaping is not dangerous?

none of the evidence suggest it is, if you actually read back in the thread the chemical breakdowns on what the substances were that are in vape juice were provided.

Or dont read and keep pushing a false narrative, thats fine, its exactly what the tobacco companies want you to do

baaaaa baaaaaaaaa
edit on 5-1-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yeah, I don't know how new that is. People have been doing it for years now. Old news

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Caver78
People have been dripping for YEARS at this point,
Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most I know don't even use tobacco flavored juice or anything with nicotine.
Lighten up!!!

It’s not the nicotine that is the most dangerous part. You think vaping is not dangerous?

none of the evidence suggest it is, if you actually read back in the thread the chemical breakdowns on what the substances were that are in vape juice were provided.

Or dont read and keep pushing a false narrative, thats fine, its exactly what the tobacco companies want you to do

baaaaa baaaaaaaaa

there is evidence that e-cigs deliver some toxic stuff of their own such as formaldehyde (a known carcinogen), nitrosamines (linked to cancer) and lead (a neurotoxin). Though the toxicant levels of e-cigs may be “9–450 times lower than in cigarette smoke,” as this study suggests, levels of formaldehyde andmetalshave been found to be comparable to or higher than those found in conventional cigarettes.*Silicate particles, which are a cause of lung disease, have also been found in e-cigarette vapors.

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just drink the liquid directly, then you'll die. Friend of the family's daughter did it and killed herself.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Nicotine overdose happens if you do stuff like that. Same as kids who eat cigarette butts, etc.

It is a neurotoxin from a nightshade afterall.

The rest of the ingredients....already used in food.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Just drink the liquid directly, then you'll die. Friend of the family's daughter did it and killed herself.

I can think of several ways offhand that would be more effective and guaranteed. Also more manly.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It's going to be real cool and hip in a decade when they all have some form of growth or other previously unknown lung issu and need a oxygen machine.

Propylene glycol has been used for decades as an aerosol delivery for various things like the delivery of asthma medications. It's the same vapor used in hospitals.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: schuyler

It is a neurotoxin from a nightshade afterall.

Nightshade? Really? I thought nightshade family plants were peppers.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nicotine from pepper plants....who would have guessed.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SickWave

Tomato, eggplant, tobacco, potatoes

Tomato has nicotine, too

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Ut Oh, looks like only one certainty can be arrived at when dealing with vices. People will try to push it just a bit further to get a better high or more intense sensation. Teens, and I bet not just teens are dripping the cig juice directly on the e-cig coils. Not advisable, little is known about the effects of e-cigs and for sure not "dripping".

One in four high school teens who have used e-cigarettes have also tried a potentially dangerous new vaping method called "dripping" — dropping e-cigarette liquid directly onto the hot coils of the device to produce thicker, more flavorful smoke — a new study found.

"Dripping," which differs from normal e-cigarette use that slowly releases the liquid from a wick onto a hot atomizer, may expose users to higher levels of nicotine and to harmful non-nicotine toxins, such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde — known carcinogens.
www.usatoday.com...

Seems you can buy a super feed e-cig type device that automatically feeds a major dose of the e-cig juice on to the coils.. Seems like a bad idea, watch the video if you can handle a person who will cry like hell when the side effects hit her like a ton of chemo, because very little thought was used with personal responsibility (just my opinion).

The study says they do it to produce a thicker more flavorful "smoke."

That sentence alone completely invalidates the study. If they don't know the difference between smoke and vapor then they aren't scientists by any stretch of the word.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNight

Vaping produces both smoke and vapour,just not poisonous stuff like tobacco. Its not all vapour that is made by vaping. If people need more flavour I don't know why they wouldn't just add more base flavour to their juice if choice. If you inhale a puff off a Vale and exhale through your nose,you condense the vapour and your nose drips,maybe that's what this thread us all about j/k. I'll still Vale over inhaling laced dead plant matter any day though,I've not noticed anything in my health to make me drop it cold.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: schuyler

I can think of several ways offhand that would be more effective and guaranteed. Also more manly.

I'm not thinking she was too concerned about being "manly."

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Hers the deal: im sensitive to pg, and can only vape a high vg ratio because of this. Flavorings and nic are soluble in pg, not so much vg. So to add more flavor would make it unusable for me (and many like me).

High vg juice wont really wick on mouth to lung devices, so you have to subohm. Since high vg juice tastes more muted, more vapor is needed to get the flavor. Thus...some folks "cloud chase" to ensure a pleasurable experience.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No worries,I wasn't knocking anyone man. The main thing is you have found what works for you. I don't know anything about making juice,although I'd love to find a cheap starter kit,they are not cheap here in nz,and I'm on an invalid benefit so don't have a lot of spare coin. It would be nice to find a juice that tasted if bourbon,I used to smoke bourbon flavoured tobacco called port royal.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Lj01 is standing in the backroom vaping, reading about the harmful effects of vaping.

That was a good cloud I just produced..

I quit smoking for a about a year and a half, cold turkey. Didn't really even Jones for nicotine. Then one day driving in Kansas City Mo I picked up the wife's vape and havnt put it down. What a mistake.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

My main thing is sharing info with people who dont know.

I domt crusade to help people stop smoking...but i do try to help. A few ATS member (domo in particular) were important to my quitting.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good on ya man. Yeah I need to drop my nic level down to 6mg,I use 12mg at the moment. I got copd so dropping it all together soon hopefully, its that hand to mouth action you mentioned that is hard to ditch.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join