It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: GuidedKill

Popcorn lung is only a side effect of using a couple of particular kinds of Juice, definitely NOT all or even most of them.

Seriously the lack of education about Vaping here on ATS is STUNNING!!!

Several food flavoring companies, many of which are here in the U.S, and enjoying the BOOM in sales the vaping industry has caused them, have REMOVED DIACETYL from most, if not all flavorings they sell. Certain flavors I guess require it and in some cases there are more than one version available with a diacetyl free version available for E-juice makers.

And I make my own juice. I buy my Vegetable glycerin USP food grade, non-gmo, and organic - locally - NOT in China. My flavorings come from a great company in San Diego! I don't use propylene glycol anymore but it is used as a substrate for the nicotine I use. There is about 70 percent vegetable glycerinne, 10 percent Propylene Glycol and 20% food flavorings in my juice. It literally costs me about $60 a gallon because I purchase in bulk, mix juice in bulk and give it to my vaping friends. One 5ml tank full of my home made e-juice contains about the same amount of nicotine as 1 cigarette. I usually only vape one, or sometimes two, tanks a day.

Vaping saved me from a 25 year cigarette addiction. DIS-INFORMATION REALLY BOTHERS PEOPLE THAT HAVE FOUND A WAY OUT OF CIGARETTES, and at least for now, without serious side effects.

I'm NOT one of those that go around spouting that vaping is completely safe. We simply don't know. But after 4 years I can say there aren't any apparent effects yet and I'LL TAKE MY CHANCES as a guinea pig so others may enjoy the significant benefit of vaping over an addiction that admittedly I wasn't able to beat.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

My CDC link amemds the 95% to 99%

Meaning its safe but they are hedging bets for the sake of realizing that raw air is 99% at best.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If you assert there are side effects...enumerate them. Take your time.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

Really what componies are those that have been linked in the US to popcorn lung?

Because the only ones that I know of are from over seas manufacturers of E-Juice using questionable methods.

Just to add

Several kids toys have come to light to contain lead and poisons.

I mean yeah they were from China from questionable production and lax standards, but hey, as long as were taking all information at face value.....

So yes, I understand what youre saying, I just hope everyone realizes the BS thats being spouted , as well as you do
edit on 4-1-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Whats the point?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

It tastes good. And humans are hard wired for hand/mouth movements

medicalxpress.com...

And we enjoy it immensely. Whether its an archaic human stooped over eating tiny sed grains, apes grooming and eating nits, a fat guy eating chips on the couch, or a vaper hitting some killer kustard, or a baby who somehow manages to clumsily shove his fist into his mouth and suck on it....the action of hand to mouth movement is hard wired into our pleasure and comfort system.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sorry, I stopped the video after she said "I gawt mah pink fitbiiit". I'll take your word for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Yep! I breathe easier for sure. Before I started vaping I couldn't walk from one end of a building to the other without getting winded. The damage has been done but I switched 3 years ago and hopefully my 99 pulse ox will get me through.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Star for you. I do believe I would have wound up with COPD if not for vaping. My boss likely saved my life by turning me on to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

what is vaping?

its the same stuff as fog machines. pg can be bought in feed stores (used for horses) and vg can be bought at walmart.

all vapes work by saturating a bit of cotton and heating that. the difference between drip and tank is the amount of liquid that can be heated at once. tanks are regulated mechanically, while drips arent.

as for safety, it comes down to the juice flavor ingredients. some are really bad, like butter flavor (what they used in microwave popcorn).

as for pg/vg, its fairly harmless. as i said on another post, its the tar thats bad from smoking. vaping is water based. to see the difference, put a tobacco pipe under the tap to clean it, then put a vape tank. the pipe is still full of gunk, while the vape tank washes clean. the body can process the water based much better than the tar based gunk.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

I started vaping after smoking for 30yrs,been off tobacco for almost a year now. But I only use a small Vale that emits the same amount of smoke as a cigarette, so I don't look like rolling coal when I use it. I spend 10 dollars a week as opposed to 150 that I used to,I don't stink of smoke,I feel better,I don't cough up black stuff all the time anymore. I'll never go back to tobacco.

Congratulations, it's you, not those modding their vapes to maximise vapour/nicotine hits that's vaping like a boss (my only criticism of vaping though, it is replacing one crutch with another, for the real win, you have to quit the vape eventually too), you're doing it properly. Well done on ditching tobacco, I hope you stay off it.

My concern with vaping is that taking liquid into your lungs is what causes Pneumonia, I wonder if this is going to be a side effect of vaping too much, in years to come.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I vape, and while I don't blow vast clouds of vapour around all over the place, I don't believe I should be condemned as a member of an 'obnoxious' demographic -simply because I've taken steps to reduce my risk of getting cancer (by something like 85% according to recent British studies) - all thanks to the wonders of innovative technological pioneers.

You are clearly not one of the people that I'm talking about. Relax.

I thought I made it pretty clear that those who do blow huge clouds in public look like obnoxious douche nozzles.

Carry on carrying on.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Why? What annoys you so much?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

People have been dripping for YEARS at this point,
Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most I know don't even use tobacco flavored juice or anything with nicotine.
Lighten up!!!

It’s not the nicotine that is the most dangerous part. You think vaping is not dangerous?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up!!!

Show me one vendor that claims vaping is a safe alternative to smoking. Just ONE. Then, when you can’t find me just one vendor that claims this, go ahead and tell me why you can’t find one.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Absolute rubbish.

I've been vaping for around 8 years now, replacing a 30 - 40 cig a day smoking habit that lasted for around 30 years.

I'm significantly healthier now, i get colds less and i can go out running / jogging for miles, where before vaping, i would get out of breath just going up the stairs to bed.

Anecdotal evidence sure, but it's clear to me what is a better option for a nicotine addicted person to use...vaping is 99% safer than smoking (as nothing is 100% safe of course) in my experience.

As for 'dripping'...it is not new, it's old and is exactly the same as vaporising eliquid in any other method...it's as old as vaping is, people have used this method for donkey's years.

And by the way, that anti-vaping propaganda piece fails to realise, intentionally or otherwise, that 18mg per ml of nicotine is the same quantity of nicotine regardless of dripping, using a tank or a cartomiser, per ml...the nicotine is whatever strength it is per ml, regardless of how it's vaporised...that's common sense folks.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Show me one vendor that claims vaping is a safe alternative to smoking. Just ONE. Then, when you can’t find me just one vendor that claims this, go ahead and tell me why you can’t find one.

because it's against the law to claim that it is a safe alternative to smoking due to lack of FDA approval for e-cigarettes as cessation devices

edit on 1/5/2018 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: more

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Why? What annoys you so much?

Honestly, not sure. Just don't like it when people blow huge clouds with others nearby. I know it's harmless but it just irks me. Again, a minority of people who vape do this, but I've seen quite a few do it on crowded sidewalks where I live.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I believe it to be rude, but usually stand downwind so its not an issue.

But in smoking areas...people who complain can get stuffed. We are there to pollute the air, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up!!!

It’s not the nicotine that is the most dangerous part. You think vaping is not dangerous?

Given that 2 national public health authorities have said that its 95-99% safe (a ridiculous effort to make up a number), and there is zero evidence saying it isn't in the 55 years people have done it....

....and given that all ingredients in standard ejuice are deemed "safe for human consumption"....

...that seems like an answered question.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join