It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dripping' may be a new, dangerous trend for teens who vape

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: deuceawesome

I actually think MJ and ecig are about on par as far as carcinogens go.

Than you just 100% proved your ignorance on the matter. Marijuana when combusted has numerous carcinogens. Anything that burns and is inhaled does. Vaporizing liquid does not burn,which means no smoke, which means no carcinogens.

That’s my opinion... I thought we already covered each other’s opinions. Yours or mine doesn’t matter as you pointed out.

What I posted on e cigs was information from the American lung Association and their studies or others. They contradict your opinion since you haven’t posted anything as counter argument from a a center on par with the American lung association. When you do I’ll listen to your facts or counter argument. Saying what I posted is a hit piece is a little disingenuous considering I highly doubt the American lung Association is promoting big tobacco.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review
www.gov.uk...

Long-term vaping 'far safer than smoking' says 'landmark' study
www.nhs.uk...

More than half of British vapers have now quit smoking tobacco, study suggests
www.telegraph.co.uk...

10 research studies to silence the vape skeptics
vaping360.com...

Without even reading your articles. I’ll go off the titles.

95% safer?? What’s in the other 5%? Rainbows and unicorns?

Long term vaping far safer??? Don’t see anything that says 100% safe or even 100% safer.

So more than half British smokers addicted to cigarettes are now addicted to vaping? So they are just addicted to something else harmful to them?

OMG,

Eating food is not 100% safe! Nothing is 100% safe.

Let's get real. Vaping is a lifesaver for smokers.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Than you just 100% proved your ignorance on the matter. Marijuana when combusted has numerous carcinogens. Anything that burns and is inhaled does. Vaporizing liquid does not burn,which means no smoke, which means no carcinogens.

That’s my opinion... I thought we already covered each other’s opinions. Yours or mine doesn’t matter as you pointed out.

What I posted on e cigs was information from the American lung Association and their studies or others. They contradict your opinion since you haven’t posted anything as counter argument from a a center on par with the American lung association. When you do I’ll listen to your facts or counter argument. Saying what I posted is a hit piece is a little disingenuous considering I highly doubt the American lung Association is promoting big tobacco.

www.gov.uk...

www.nhs.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

vaping360.com...

Long term vaping far safer??? Don’t see anything that says 100% safe or even 100% safer.

So more than half British smokers addicted to cigarettes are now addicted to vaping? So they are just addicted to something else harmful to them?

OMG,

I never argued that. I totally agree with you.

However for people to say vaping is 100% harmless or safe is just plain lying. Is it 100 times better than smoking?? Sure, maybe even a thousand times better. But the op is focusing on kids and cloud chasing. And for people who vape to encourage this behavior by lying and saying it’s 100% safe is crazy..

edit on 4-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

www.gov.uk...

www.nhs.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

vaping360.com...

OMG,

I never argued that. I totally agree with you.

However for people to say vaping is 100% harmless or safe is just plain lying. Is it 100 times better than smoking?? Sure, maybe even a thousand times better. But the op is focusing on kids and cloud chasing. And for people who vape to encourage this behavior by lying and saying it’s 100% safe is crazy..

oh, now I would not recommend anyone who does not smoke already to start vaping ever. There is no reason for it but for smokers, this is a lifesaver.

Besides the Tobacco companies, I can't think of anyone who would argue with that.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
People have been dripping for YEARS at this point,
Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most I know don't even use tobacco flavored juice or anything with nicotine.
Lighten up!!!

True.

Those big cloud people use flavored juices with low or 0 nicotine.

I use 18% nicotine with no flavoring/smell. Low cloud, great for the movies and malls.

For me it's a delivery system, like a patch but better.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up!!!

True.

I use 18% nicotine with no flavoring/smell. Low cloud, great for the movies and malls.

Why would you be using a vape in the movie theaters? That is the definition of a douchebag.

Most buildings don’t even allow vaping in them anymore anyways.
edit on 4-1-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

www.gov.uk...

www.nhs.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

vaping360.com...

OMG,

Eating food (required for life) is not really comparable to cloud chasing, an unstudied and from my perspective, a possibly dangerous completely voluntary hobby.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

He said it was low cloud. No one would even know.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

A cloud is a cloud is it not? Is talking in the movie theater acceptable because your voice is “low”? What about having your cell phone ringer on if the volume is “low”

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: Caver78

Wow, YEARS, and no known issues.

Yup, must be 100 percent safe, I mean if a small sample of people have done it for years then it's pretty much settled medical science.

Personally, i'm far from a "hippie", but manufactured chemicals being sold hastily for a profit is not something I'd put a lot of faith into as being something that will "turn out okay in the end".

20 years from now, this could be a huge problem and the only way to see is wait for the data(time) to roll in. In the mean time, I'll refrain from using cheap most likely chinese made chemicals to make "phat clouds" will rocking my beats and skinny jeans.

The juice contains herbal extract, Glycerol, Propylene glycol in various proportions. Like 50/50 or 30/70 etc.

I forget which one produces the cloud.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

A cloud is a cloud is it not? Is talking in the movie theater acceptable because your voice is “low”? What about having your cell phone ringer on if the volume is “low”

You seem really agitated are you ok? No need to be calling people names man

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Agreed, but in the dark no one would or could know because he said it was LOW CLOUD, in other words very very little cloud especially in the dark theater. Cell phone is an audible alarm, unless it is so low you would consider it LOW AUDIBLE ALARM, in other word no one can hear it.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Agreed, but in the dark no one would or could know because he said it was LOW CLOUD, in other words very very little cloud especially in the dark theater. Cell phone is an audible alarm, unless it is so low you would consider it LOW AUDIBLE ALARM, in other word no one can hear it.

Have you seen a vape inside the movie theaters? A small pen with “low” vapor is still very visible in contrast to a bright screen if the cloud goes in front of someone else.

It’s really not rocket science.

If he can’t handle watching a movie without having to vape he shouldn’t be watching the movie.

This is all coming from someone who’s been a smoker/vaper for 20 years.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Dangerous?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up!!!

True.

Why would you be using a vape in the movie theaters? That is the definition of a douchebag.

Most buildings don’t even allow vaping in them anymore anyways.

I don't make any clouds and there is no smell.

My wife is a rabid anti smoker and doesn't mind when I do it next to her in the car. She's the type that sees me with an unlit cig and starts coughing, which I'm sure you can relate.

I don't sit in the middle seats of a theatre anyway.

Someone eating a burger and fries is more obnoxious.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Agree to dis.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Have you seen a vape inside the movie theaters? A small pen with “low” vapor is still very visible in contrast to a bright screen if the cloud goes in front of someone else.

If he can’t handle watching a movie without having to vape he shouldn’t be watching the movie.

This is all coming from someone who’s been a smoker/vaper for 20 years.

I'll let you know where and when the next time i go to a movie and you can plan accordingly.

I go on a weekday in the morning or afternoon. I hate crowds.

Just stay away from any IMAX in Kowloon, to be safe.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
LMFAO, dripping being the new fad? Dripping has been the norm for a long time. if anything temp control is considered the new fad. BTW do any of you know what is actually in ejuice? 3 ingredients. Propylene Glycol (found in your every day flavor extracts) Vegetable Glycerin (Found in foods as a sweetener and skin care products) and Flavor extracts which are the same extracts used in candy making and baking.

I make my own juice so I know what's in it and if I buy any juice I buy from 100 naked, an all natural ejuice company.

I swear, these people who think vaping is bad compared to cigs are just victims of propaganda.

People ask, what is the side effects? none. Other than losing the urge to smoke cigs and a bigger bank account from not buying cigs.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

That did NOT sell me on vaping.

Propylene Glycol (found in your every day flavor extracts) Vegetable Glycerin (Found in foods as a sweetener and skin care products)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Wow, way to marginalise a segment of society for a harmless outdoors activity - your 'appraisal' is very far from the truth. Do you over-generalise & form prejudicial opinions frequently..?

People who slam-dunk other people into the waste bin of society just for the sake of a harmless outdoor cloud of vapour, are so obnoxious.

I vape, and while I don't blow vast clouds of vapour around all over the place, I don't believe I should be condemned as a member of an 'obnoxious' demographic -simply because I've taken steps to reduce my risk of getting cancer (by something like 85% according to recent British studies) - all thanks to the wonders of innovative technological pioneers. To all you traditional smokers out there, I highly recommend getting into vaping, mixing your own flavours. It's extremely economical, perfectly satisfying (as long as you find your preferred flavours & get used to the mixing process) - of course you need a fairly decent vape mod (battery) & tank, but there's plenty of fantastic review sites/ blogs online..

I used to spend something like £65-75 ($80-95 I think) on rolling tobacco each month - now I pay around a third of that amount for all ingredients needed to mix my own liquids, and I know for an absolute certainty that I am way, way more healthy as a result. My lungs are no longer painful, I don't cough (no nasty brown phlegm either), I have more energy, I feel fresher in myself, reduced lethargy, I don't stink anymore, my skin is massively improved, my teeth are much whiter, etc.. I enjoy the various flavour options, and the ritual of experimenting with different combinations of flavours mixed into a single batch to give specific options such as strawberry ice cream, caramel creme dessert, blueberry doughnut, and the occasional mix of a particular tobacco (the varieties are not all created equal!), with subtle undertones of caramel & cream. Loads of variety, very satisfying, and far less anti-social/ directly & indirectly harmful than actual smoking.

Smokers of ATS - give it a try! Do your research, find a good supplier for mixing your own liquids, and look into getting a good battery mod & tank, via companies such as GeekVape (I own the Aegis model - very, very reliable, powerful & adjustable as needed, plus it's dust-proof, waterproof & shockproof - invincible!) - also to name some other good brands, there's Kangertech, Smok, eLeaf, and so on. It will change your life, and you won't lose any of the satisfaction previously derived from smoking, by having a good vape.

FITO.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It’s called addiction. If they can’t smoke it in the theater they would be the person standing out side vaping while the movie is playing... funny how so many vape uses don’t see themselves just as addicted as tobacco.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

People ask, what is the side effects? None.

This is what people have a problem with. Saying there are absolutely no side effects is a lie.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join